Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 4:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: american combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zadar95
    I tran in Defendo the really mean **** and I am always looking for something new or something to add to my training, I ordered(and as well sent back) The core Dvds and what a dissapointment there advanced techniques where basic then the 15 seconds on the BoB drill was pathetick. Try 2 or 3 min like where I train. Very dissapointed do not get the DvDs they suck!!!! Those are the Carl Cestari and Damian Ross Dvds
    Sorry to hear you dislike the Carl Cestari and Damian Ross training dvds, my training partners and i never had any problems with what they teach,though we spent most of our time in training as taught by John Kary. Bill wolfs Defendo is a fine system. No system on the face of the earth is perfect, all have their strong and weak points. I'd like to suggest after having determined what you feel is lacking in defendo,you examine the other arts that have no relationship to your own.Perhaps you will find what you are looking for to add to Defendo.:smile:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 4:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Defendo(Wolfe Brothers

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to see Bill Wolfes latest project he had worked in look for The Devil's Brigade television series is an attempt to illustrate what the men of the First Special Service Force accomplished and the hardships they faced. It's also a challenge to the men of the modern military, to see if they can achieve the same goals and accomplish just one of the missions of those who came before them. www.devilsbrigade.tv. Bill Wolfe was chosen to teach the CQC to the troops.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Defendo(Wolfe Brothers

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks AMERECOM!! It does suck that I didnt like the DvDs. As far no system being perfect I agree. I simply stated that the DvDs sucked and I wont back down from that. 3 DvDs full of learning the Shuto, HammerFist etc etc.. on a BOB I think fails to impress me ,you could have done that in the first 15min of the first DvD. How about learning more about awareness techniques or dealing with ambush attacks, multiple atackers fighting a wrestler, the sucker punch etc.etc. thats the kind of training I do, hell I just bought a book from Marc"animal"Macyoung and that was so much better than the Carl and Damians DvDs. What about the pschology of fighting how to deal with the adrenalin the aftermath. Maybe I just have higher expectations but the DvDs did not impresss me at all.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:49am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You asked for Lineage and I gave it to you!!! As far as hard to decide weather hes full of **** or not, Bill Wolfe does seminars go to one or come down to Wolfes Defendo in Vancouver and train with us!!! As far as the unit he trained in I can find that info and will post it tommorow. Oh by the way Firedragon thanks for the guide, And Jim_Jude Im pretty sure you were a closet ninja yourself at one time!!!

Nice tapdancing,there. You do and cut and paste off your instructor's website, with a story full of holes, and try to pass it off as history. Then "you should train with Wolfe to see if he full of ****. If you were paying attention, you would have seen that I have acknowledged that Wolfe has a good system, and has a reputation for training hard. Not questioning the training, questioning the connection to Fairbairn.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 5:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to see Bill Wolfes latest project he had worked in look for The Devil's Brigade television series is an attempt to illustrate what the men of the First Special Service Force accomplished and the hardships they faced. It's also a challenge to the men of the modern military, to see if they can achieve the same goals and accomplish just one of the missions of those who came before them. www.devilsbrigade.tv. Bill Wolfe was chosen to teach the CQC to the troops.
    So, does this mean that Bill Wolfe also has lineage to Paddy O'Neill? It's great that he was chosen for this project, but the FSSF did not train in FAS style H2H. So, how is this relevant to any part of this discussion, aside from being a fanboy statement about Wolfe?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 6:19am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMERCOM
    No system on the face of the earth is perfect, all have their strong and weak points.
    You obviously havent trained Jiu-Jitsu yet or you would understand the complete superiority of Jiu-Jitsu over all other styles.

Now go away and practice fighting on lava with broken glass.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 7:15am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    zadar95,

Since you've already spent the money, would you be willing to send the tapes you don't like to Bullshido? There are several experts who can review the material objectively.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 7:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You asked for Lineage and I gave it to you!!! !!!

Can you provide any proof of a connection between Harold Stairn and Fairbairn? Can you prove any connection between Stairn and Wolfe? That would be lineage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 7:59am

Style: Karate / Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    zadar95,

Since you've already spent the money, would you be willing to send the tapes you don't like to Bullshido? There are several experts who can review the material objectively.
    Tom,

Can we please have this thread moved to a different forum? I have asked on multiple occassions for anything that might resembe bullshido and zadar has yet to provide anything other than his opinion or unsubstantiated claims.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2007 8:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: american combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    You obviously havent trained Jiu-Jitsu yet or you would understand the complete superiority of Jiu-Jitsu over all other styles.

Now go away and practice fighting on lava with broken glass.

You maintain Jiu-Jitsu is superior to all other systems as a stand alone?, interesting. I fail to understand why someone would wish to train on lava with broken glass.Please explain the purpose.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast