Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 1:02am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

a ninja that can actually fight?!

the universe will implode.

according to a friend of mine, which i have versed thoroughly in the true suckdome that is ninjerism, tells me he got some instruction from someone claiming to be a ninja, and it was fucking badass.

my friend trains at a budo dojo (basically, he gets taught judo, karate, jujutsu, kendo, archery, taijutsu and some other stuff altogether. classes will vary depending what the instructor wants to stress, and when tested, he gets tested on everything). he joined a few months ago. the place is called Ittosai Dojo.

he is in it for fighting application, but mostly it's because he enjoys the fun and culture of it. the judo there is really good, so if he stays there long enough, aside from being able to quote Musashi and smack people with a shinai, he'll be able to fight as well. it is actually the best place for kendo in the country.

till about a week ago, he had gotten no taijutsu instructed to him. there is no preset schedule on what goes on what day, but just out of coincidence, he had missed every taijutsu day so far. one day, his instructor says taijutsu is the day's subject, only it will be instructed by a guest from japan.

whether the guy is an ex-student of the dojo here, or actually just from japan, i'm not exactly sure.

anyways, my friend tells me the guy dressed in black, ninjer boots/shoes, the whole getup. he was interested to see just exactly what would go on in class, since this dojo trains pretty alive (except in karate, they train light contact, since a kid got messed up when they used to do full contact and they got a lawsuit or something) and he understood, as do i, that "ninjas" don't really spar... or fight... or train with resistance.

so the guy says it's time to practice. my friend thought it would be a gay larp-fest.

so when i see him at the university, he has bruises all over his arms, the back of his neck, and is basically pretty messed up. he has a huge smile on his face. he says they basically did standup light-to-medium contact striking and grappling and groundwork till submission. he said the guy was pretty much a badass. says it's the most fun class he has attended so far, and believes it to have the most valuable application.

i am trying to figure out if this guy is a solid judo player, good karateka, or proficient at taijutsu, and just has the ninja get up cuz he is sort of a geek that is really into ninjerism myths. i asked my friend if he could find out when the next class was, and if i could visit.

anyone else ever heard of a ninja that can really fight? any relation between ninjitsu and taijutsu? i mean, this dojo is quite respectable as i understand it to be, so it kinda hit me as strange when he said a guy in a ninja getup was instructing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 3:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It could only have been Nagato

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    the universe will implode.

LOL, TKD.

Where do you live? You can come visit me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:20am

Style: KrottyCrappleAnimeLARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silly, the only way you can get the universe to implode is if you Divide By 0.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    LOL, TKD.

Where do you live? You can come visit me.
    Dominican Republic. pay for my flight expenses, and i'll happily let you beat me up.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plasma so now you're a ninja again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:47pm

Style: Systema & BJJ noob,x BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    anyone else ever heard of a ninja that can really fight? any relation between ninjitsu and taijutsu?
    I'm not going to offer an opinion on the first question. As to the second, the unarmed fighting practiced in the bujinkan and other similar oranisations is often referred to as 'taijutsu'. Some other schools/styles also use the term. A rough translation of taijutsu is just 'body art', so it could refer to pretty much any unarmed fighting. Given the black boots and all though, your guy is probably referring to the 'ninja' version.

Edit: 'body art' makes it sounds like it could also refer to tatoos, but I don't think that's the case. Unless they are super secret ninja tatoos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wonder however, what taijutsu is really supposed to look like. i've never heard of a 'taijutsu dojo', and just going by the name is little. hell, taekwondo means to the way of striking with the hands and feet, but that would then be interchangeable with most any art that has kicking.

do booj ninjitsu practitioners spar though? i was under the impression they did not. i also youtube'd for a good while and found nothing but very slow drill videos.

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 1:15pm

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Plasma so now you're a ninja again?
    He's still shinobicurious at least.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 1:20pm

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    does this place have a website or anything?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast