is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam0x54
    As for the striking, the instructors are very knowledgeable and you can see it from their fighters.
    That's not a 10. That sounds like a 6-7.

"6-7: Comprehensive striking (all ranges) or superior single range striking with success in local/regional competition or practical application."

Seriously, to both _Liam and adam0x54, go read the stickies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam0x54
    I am not affiliated with the gym. I train there. I was skeptical too before signing up but you cant criticize someone's ability to teach authentic muay thai from their name/website. The person who wrote the initial review is a fighter that trains at njmt. As for the striking, the instructors are very knowledgeable and you can see it from their fighters.

I'm not criticizing the instructors at all. Simply the fact that they aren't currently training fighters at the highest level of competition means they don't rate a 10. Your gym should have a number of fighters with professional world titles in highly rated organizations, Olympic competitors, boxers in the top 10 slots of the USA boxing world rankings, UFC/Pride level MMA champions or contenders... those sorts of credentials are what merits a 10 for instruction. Simply being a good and qualified instructor with an active fight team doesn't quite cut it.

Keep in mind that I rated my current coach an 8 and he's the best kickboxing instructor I've trained with out of quite a few.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 9:16am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to visit this gym next week or this week and probably sign myself up for a month. I won't be able to give it an authentic review since my stay there will be short but I'll do my best. I read the stickies btw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12