Thread: Tread Climber

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tread Climber

I am contemplating buying a piece of cardio equipment for my house. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the boxflex tread climber or if I should just find an arc trainer/elliptical machine.

i am looking prefereably for something under 2k.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have had one for about two weeks. I bought the series 5000 model. It was easy to assemble and easy to figure out how to use. It is a fairly good workout without pounding the hell out of your knees. The feature that monitors your heart allows you to balance your workout for max. benefit. I try to get my heart rate up and then keep it at that level for the full 30 min. work out. The workout simulates climbing stairs at a pace you select.

I also have an original bowflex that I still use. I like it as well.

The down side is that it is $2000. There are probably good machines out there that are cheaper. Both devices are well made though so I don't mind the price.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. I thought there'd be more input. I tried searching since I thought there was an old thread about it...but couldn't find it. The price is a little high but if between my wife and I it gets used everyday, it might be worth the investment.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe it's just me, but I find stair climbers brutal, worse than an elliptical or treadmill in terms of the burn in my thighs (not that it's necessarily a bad thing). Maybe it's because I'm 220lbs...

and good morning to you too supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, can't help you. The only cardio equipment I own is running shoes and a jumprope.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Sorry, can't help you. The only cardio equipment I own is running shoes and a jumprope.
    you wear shoes? *****

I run on broken glass while hitting myself in the face

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't you know that broken glass nullifies everything? Including running?