223812 Bullies, 3657 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 9:52pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy guru
    i study kenpo, jujitsu , aikido and have put them all in me as a mma fighter which seem's to be doing pretty good for me and in the streets i have no problem but anyways i am glad to finally find some kenpoest on here
    I did a little Aikido back in my day.

But how the hell are you doing it and claiming to be a Mixed-Martial Artist at the same time?

I don't think Aikido throws are really anything that's effective in the cage or in the ring against another skilled opponent.

Sure they can work against some random untrained average joe, but I highly doubt that many aikido techniques actually work against someone who can strike and/or grapple effectively.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess most Ke?po seems to suck, but here in Logan Utah only 1/3 of the Ke?po sucks. The AK Speakman lineage school goes full contact with take downs and ground and has a mma class and the Kosho Shorei Ryu Kempo Shihan is tops, but the Bobby Lawrence AK licks it long and deep.

Now Hawaiian Kempo rules! So move to Hawaii.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 10:17pm

Style: Kenpo,Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is why i say i take all of them diff night's i put them in 2 one aikido help's me understand in such away and it breaks move's down to a fine point adding that to kenpo help's with move's and attacks the throws can work on a skilled person but thats also why i do jujitsu so there for i am wel rounded or trying to be

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 10:20pm

Style: Kenpo,Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    I did a little Aikido back in my day.

But how the hell are you doing it and claiming to be a Mixed-Martial Artist at the same time?

I don't think Aikido throws are really anything that's effective in the cage or in the ring against another skilled opponent.

Sure they can work against some random untrained average joe, but I highly doubt that many aikido techniques actually work against someone who can strike and/or grapple effectively.
    that is why i say i take all of them diff night's i put them in 2 one aikido help's me understand in such away and it breaks move's down to a fine point adding that to kenpo help's with move's and attacks the throws can work on a skilled person but thats also why i do jujitsu so there for i am wel rounded or trying to be
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12