Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that hissing noise he is making common in Karate?

Or is that his own personal touch?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen other karate folks do that.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money
    I've seen other karate folks do that.
    Yes, not just Karate. I've seen pro-boxers do it to.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    Well, what I was taught as "H Kata" in my old Shorai/Shukokai days is actually "Dragon Boy form"......whoda thunkit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTIm...related&search=

He has to be the worst fat out of shape karateka-type person I have seen this week

This is PRIME RIB bullshido!
    "Dragon Boy" is slang for Empi/Wanshu.

Performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhdL-2yDu8

I don't know what the hell that Isaak guy was doing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This stuff looks like standard dead-trained TMA. He says at the start that it is a drill in tai sabaki, so he would probably say that his uke missed him because he made a slight movement out of the way. It's silly and ineffective for fighting, but that doesn't make it Bullshido (if by Bullshido we mean deliberately deceptive / made up)- except for the title, which I agree is total nonsense.

I also disagree that he "doesn't have a basic skillset." I think his form looks fine. It's not anything that would help much in alive-trained martial arts; but that doesn't mean he made it up last week in his basement or from watching Steven Seagal movies.

I make the distinction because I think there's a big difference between the Coda Scotts / Ashida Kims of the world, and people who are just really dedicated to martial arts that don't work.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    I also disagree that he "doesn't have a basic skillset." I think his form looks fine. It's not anything that would help much in alive-trained martial arts; but that doesn't mean he made it up last week in his basement or from watching Steven Seagal movies.
    He can't keep a fist while punching and leads his punches with his elbows to fake out a snap. That's no good.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with arrgghhh, except for the fact that he's tacitly claiming that his style is not only effective but battle-proven, which from what I can tell is a blatant lie.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    He leads his punches with his elbows to fake out a snap. That's no good.
    How the hell can you lead a punch with your elbow? Unless I know what you're talking about and just misunderstood you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy f*ck, this guy hurts... I can't believe this is 2007 and not 1977...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    but that doesn't make it Bullshido (if by Bullshido we mean deliberately deceptive / made up)- except for the title, which I agree is total nonsense.

- / -

I make the distinction because I think there's a big difference between the Coda Scotts / Ashida Kims of the world, and people who are just really dedicated to martial arts that don't work.
    I disagree though I hear your points. I don't think he's as bad a case of deliberate fraud as the Coda's or Radford's either, but he's doing two general things which I think definately count as bullshido:

1) Making claims (explicitly or implied) that are misleading. I.e. his students/customers aren't getting what he's telling them they are getting

2) Painfuly crap content portrayed as effective.

PS. Yes I do think most martial arts being trained today amounts to bullshido.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    How the hell can you lead a punch with your elbow? Unless I know what you're talking about and just misunderstood you.
    Tthrust your arm forward with a serious bend, presenting the elbow first, and then swing it into a straight position. Karateka do it a lot because it makes the punch sound and look snappy, but, of course, it isn't actually a good punch.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last