222066 Bullies, 3780 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 25
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Jieze is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 12:50pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that hissing noise he is making common in Karate?

    Or is that his own personal touch?
  2. money is offline
    money's Avatar

    Flyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,577

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 1:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen other karate folks do that.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,774

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 1:39pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money
    I've seen other karate folks do that.
    Yes, not just Karate. I've seen pro-boxers do it to.
  4. eyebeams is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 2:34pm


     Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    Well, what I was taught as "H Kata" in my old Shorai/Shukokai days is actually "Dragon Boy form"......whoda thunkit?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTIm...related&search=

    He has to be the worst fat out of shape karateka-type person I have seen this week

    This is PRIME RIB bullshido!
    "Dragon Boy" is slang for Empi/Wanshu.

    Performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhdL-2yDu8

    I don't know what the hell that Isaak guy was doing.
  5. aaaargh is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The American Desert
    Posts
    1,029

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 3:11pm


     Style: Inept BJJer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This stuff looks like standard dead-trained TMA. He says at the start that it is a drill in tai sabaki, so he would probably say that his uke missed him because he made a slight movement out of the way. It's silly and ineffective for fighting, but that doesn't make it Bullshido (if by Bullshido we mean deliberately deceptive / made up)- except for the title, which I agree is total nonsense.

    I also disagree that he "doesn't have a basic skillset." I think his form looks fine. It's not anything that would help much in alive-trained martial arts; but that doesn't mean he made it up last week in his basement or from watching Steven Seagal movies.

    I make the distinction because I think there's a big difference between the Coda Scotts / Ashida Kims of the world, and people who are just really dedicated to martial arts that don't work.
  6. eyebeams is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 3:30pm


     Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    I also disagree that he "doesn't have a basic skillset." I think his form looks fine. It's not anything that would help much in alive-trained martial arts; but that doesn't mean he made it up last week in his basement or from watching Steven Seagal movies.
    He can't keep a fist while punching and leads his punches with his elbows to fake out a snap. That's no good.
  7. kwoww is offline
    kwoww's Avatar

    poser

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley / Rochester
    Posts
    1,986

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 3:41pm


     Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with arrgghhh, except for the fact that he's tacitly claiming that his style is not only effective but battle-proven, which from what I can tell is a blatant lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    He leads his punches with his elbows to fake out a snap. That's no good.
    How the hell can you lead a punch with your elbow? Unless I know what you're talking about and just misunderstood you.
  8. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,573

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 3:51pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy f*ck, this guy hurts... I can't believe this is 2007 and not 1977...

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
  9. Fantasy Warrior is offline
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar

    Misguided style basher

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,714

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 6:50pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    but that doesn't make it Bullshido (if by Bullshido we mean deliberately deceptive / made up)- except for the title, which I agree is total nonsense.

    - / -

    I make the distinction because I think there's a big difference between the Coda Scotts / Ashida Kims of the world, and people who are just really dedicated to martial arts that don't work.
    I disagree though I hear your points. I don't think he's as bad a case of deliberate fraud as the Coda's or Radford's either, but he's doing two general things which I think definately count as bullshido:

    1) Making claims (explicitly or implied) that are misleading. I.e. his students/customers aren't getting what he's telling them they are getting

    2) Painfuly crap content portrayed as effective.


    PS. Yes I do think most martial arts being trained today amounts to bullshido.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
  10. eyebeams is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437

    Posted On:
    6/17/2007 11:00pm


     Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    How the hell can you lead a punch with your elbow? Unless I know what you're talking about and just misunderstood you.
    Tthrust your arm forward with a serious bend, presenting the elbow first, and then swing it into a straight position. Karateka do it a lot because it makes the punch sound and look snappy, but, of course, it isn't actually a good punch.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.