Posted On:
    6/14/2007 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Royce Tests Positive for Steroids: Art Jimmerson Demands Rematch

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdog
    Mixed martial arts icon Royce Gracie (Pictures), best known as the slender gi-wearing Brazilian who twisted oversized competitors into knots during the early days of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, tested positive for traces of Nandrolone, a commonly used anabolic steroid, following his decision win over Kazushi Sakuraba (Pictures), June 2 in Los Angeles, the California State Athletic Commission revealed Thursday.

Gracie (14-3-3) has been suspended from June 2, 2007 through May 30, 2008, and is fined $2,500, the maximum penalty by the CSAC. The 40-year-old member of the legendary fighting family has until July 13 to appeal the suspension to the CSAC.

Calls to Gracie's representatives were not immediately returned.

There's a lot of irony here, floating about in space just waiting to be identified, so I want to make sure I catch it all:

1) The prototypical underdog/little man has been caught juicing.
    2) Said underdog/little man, despite being of totally average weight and not actually that little, even with the aid of steroids can barely break 185.
    3) Royce's gameplan involves virtually no athleticism whatsoever, making the steroids a totally unnecessary risk.
    4) I didn't see the fight, but it sounds like even with the steroids he barely ecked out a controversial win over a severely brain-damaged opponent who had visible difficulty walking out to the ring.

Anything I'm missing?

Oh, right.

5) Royce is an overrated douchenozzle.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=7908
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 10:18pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like I did when I found out there was no Santa..........damn!

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 10:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a lot of people are going to feel upset that their hero took an illegal substance to gain an unfair edge over the competition. I wonder how they'll feel when they realize Royce needed to juice so he could pull guard more effectively.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 10:25pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will be interested to hear the response from Royce....I am currently desparately clinging to the hope that the University of Aberdeen study is correct about Nandrolone

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 10:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if he's innocent of the steroid charges (he's not [because I don't want him to be]), Royce remains guilty of ghostwriting some of the worst fucking BJJ books on the market.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only explanation is that Royce, like K-1's promoters, thought the event was taking place in Japan.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 11:23pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now THAT'S a nice thread title!

I wonder if Sak was on sleeping pills then. Somehow Royce broke the rule of getting caught using steroids = lose. This is incomprehensible.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 11:26pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i'd wanna know more about is what will happen with the fight purses now

it was crazy unfair to begin with...30 grand for sak (fuckin K1 mistreatin a legend like that) while royce got 300 grand

morton didn't see a penny for his efforts.....so what happens with royce's money???
    ohh the drama

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 11:50pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is...very unexpected......

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 11:53pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he just did it because he wanted six pack abs, that's what Tim Sylvia's excuse was.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast