Our Sponsors:

Page 99 of 222 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 10:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some lolz at the facebook scene. if you look up fang shen do in facebook, they have THREE groups for the kanata location. and the last one is created by this genius kid who calls it SHEN FANG DO kung fu. just beautiful.

actually worriesome, because this seem to be the kind of the kid who will probably gobble up all the bullshit and believe all the lies of Ci joe's background and his underground fightings. and that martin's is one of the finest weapons expert in the world. actually scratch that, they killed that ad some time ago.

and if you have a grappling background, they have a bunch of grappling/crappling pictures at the toronto section. one of the promo flyer even shows them "grappling". note the foot/shoe in face defense against arm bar (why don't you fucking just tap and restart?) as well as the clinch with fingers interlaced.

and for fucks' sake.... get some MATS!!!

(we all know that FSD is watching this site very closely)

ever since i start bjj, paying my dues on mat time, it's really starting to piss me off that they pretend to teach grappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 7:28am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Newest update to the FSD blog:

What if there was a natural alternative to taking energy drinks?

Something you could do to increase your health and vitality without popping any type of
    supplement or pill?

What would happen if you knew the exact pressure points to slap and hit to help "CHI" circulation.

What we're getting ready to launch does exactly that.

It removes any blockages in the body stopping the vital chi flow from reaching every part of the body.

It strengthens your "reservoir" to help conserve, accumulate and store vital energy.
    So much so that doing reps of certain exercises in the 4 to 5000 range is a breeze. Yes that's not a typo 5000.

These exercises were passed down from one master to one student for almost 1000 years.

Until now.

We've been granted permission to pass on this information to anyone who is willing to put the exercises to good use and to anyone who has a desire to live well passed 100 in perfect health.

It will soon be available,

I'll let you know as soon as it is.

Sifu Martin

This caught my eye in particular:

These exercises were passed down from one master to one student for almost 1000 years. Until now.
    Ummm...yeah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 7:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Newest update to the FSD blog:
    Ummm...yeah.
    You know what gets me, is that if you've ever been up close and personal with 'Sijo', he is in pretty good shape for his age, but he's clearly not in any possession of mystical youth knowledge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 8:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looks like standard acuputure stuff. i don't call BS on acupuncture, had personally favorable experience with it.

guys, have it ever occured to one you to register with a temp account at any of the fang shen do sites and bring some questions to them?

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 8:41am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had to wait about 2 years to get this information.
    ... and as soon as he did, he turned it around and started selling it.

Some of this information has been kept secret and underground for almost 500 years until now...
    Sounds like this is the chi-gung that Martin was taking with the unnamed teacher. Wonder if said teacher knows he's about to start offering it up to the masses?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 8:48am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    looks like standard acuputure stuff. i don't call BS on acupuncture, had personally favorable experience with it.
    I'm in agreement with you - I'm not call BS on acupuncture. I've used it as well with the same result as yourself. From what they are saying though, this doesn't sound like acupuncture to me at all.

He mentions "exercises" and "slapping/hitting" pressure points (which sounds more like acupressure) that will allow you to live past 100 years and do 5000 reps of exercise. I definitely call BS on that.

Who among them is qualified to be teaching this garbarge? Jesus - what's next for these guys? Faith healing?

Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    guys, have it ever occured to one you to register with a temp account at any of the fang shen do sites and bring some questions to them?
    We've already seen the results of asking questions of them on this site. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 8:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of this information has been kept secret and underground for almost 500 years until now...
    See this? People take note. THIS is the exact moment when one of two things happened.

Either they've gone round the bend into lollipop land, or their contempt for their customers has just reached the maximum level.

In EITHER case, this right here is when it first appeared in public. Previous to this, it's been megalomania and cult building and money grubbing, but now we're into the realm of mysticism, insanity, or just completely cynical contempt.

On the plus side, at least there'll never be a need to fear a straight one on one fight with any true FSD students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 9:26am

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "...one master to one student for 1000 years..."

previously...

"...secret and underground for 500 years..."

The story is getting more ancient and mystical each blog... Perhaps more suitable for a Red Dragon film production.

C'mon all you lurking fangers and stop swallowing all this nonsense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    regarding brining the questions to them at say, facebook with a temp account... i somehow felt bad doing this to them. but if we keep a polite, non confrontational tone, we can perhaps be enlightened and get our free month trial.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    "...one master to one student for 1000 years..."

previously...

"...secret and underground for 500 years..."

The story is getting more ancient and mystical each blog... Perhaps more suitable for a Red Dragon film production.

C'mon all you lurking fangers and stop swallowing all this nonsense.
    Right here lol, although I actually left about 2 years ago. Somehow I truly believe they have gotten sillier since I left, or maybe I'm just noticing it more now. How the **** can they get away with trying to sell 1000 (or possibly 500) year old "secrets." Are you guys sure they are really doing this? (I haven't read the whole forum and probably coudn't get through it in under a year.)