Posted On:
    1/09/2008 3:54pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Oh SNBS,

You knew as soon as you typed it that I would have to ask:

You -- bite --- your partners? While grappling?

Care to provide some context to that statement?

!
    It has been "suggested" in the past that FSD has gained techniques from Paul Vunak videos, so walla... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX1glZtZejs

Prepping yet another big bowl of popcorn, mixed with slightly stale dated parmesan for the appropriate stench.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:06pm

Style: kUNG FU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Askari--

we do not bite in class obviously but we do talk about it being a way to create an opening just like an eye gouge, fish hook, groin attack etc.. to deal with a better grappler. Remember the approach is street defense not competition so no rules just survival of a real situation. It is not somthing that is easy to demonstrate on class partners and therefore not really applied but explain and understood is something that is very important.

Fanger-

It is a direct descendant of the monk.

Green guy-

I have said before just ask me questions that I can answer and I will. The past stuff is with Sijo is not my place to answer. If you want my oppinion then I will give mine any time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mrJ
    that link is kinda old news. it was first shown to us i think by FSDmanagement.

try http://www.learntaekwon-do.com/

i have no idea why they are ripping off TKD.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:15pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    we do not bite in class obviously but we do talk about it being a way to create an opening just like an eye gouge, fish hook, groin attack etc.. to deal with a better grappler.
    Then how do you know that it works?

There is a giant leap from a theoretical technique and the actual application of that technique.

It really sounds like you are engaging in a giant game of cognitive dissonance where you are starting from unfounded assumptions about combat and building an entire theoretical structure of what you think a fight is without actual experience.

Seriously, why do you think biting someone works in a fight if you have never done it?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, why do you think biting someone works in a fight if you have never done it?
    For the record, I've been bitten in a bar fight. By a guy under mount. It left a neat looking scar for a couple of years.

Also for the record, it geometrically increased the damage I proceeded to dish out on the poor sap. Luckily, my grappling experience allowed me to make sure that all the broken glass, spilled beer, and lava and such were under my opponent, keeping me safe and dry.

Yay for high school wrestling!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:31pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then how do you know that it works?

There is a giant leap from a theoretical technique and the actual application of that technique.

It really sounds like you are engaging in a giant game of cognitive dissonance where you are starting from unfounded assumptions about combat and building an entire theoretical structure of what you think a fight is without actual experience.

I'd like to add something to what you just said;

If you FSD'ers can use cheap tricks like eye-gouging and biting, then why can't a well-seasoned grappler also use them? There's no training involved in poking someone in the eye... If you ask me, the fighter with superior ground skills wins the "street fight" either way, since he can also use the same dirty tricks, on top of being an excellent grappler.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    Askari--

we do not bite in class obviously but we do talk about it being a way to create an opening just like an eye gouge, fish hook, groin attack etc.. to deal with a better grappler. Remember the approach is street defense not competition so no rules just survival of a real situation. It is not somthing that is easy to demonstrate on class partners and therefore not really applied but explain and understood is something that is very important.
    Very important indeed! I agree 100%.

So what kind of weapons do you practice in class?
    Any special techniques/training scenarios?

I mean, if it's a street defense approach in survival-of-a-real-situation,
    then I would rather get stabby than just bitey, wouldn't you?

...you DO practice this stuff in class, don't you?

Sincerely,
    JackBurton

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 5:54pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamurai
    I'd like to add something to what you just said;

If you FSD'ers can use cheap tricks like eye-gouging and biting, then why can't a well-seasoned grappler also use them? There's no training involved in poking someone in the eye... If you ask me, the fighter with superior ground skills wins the "street fight" either way, since he can also use the same dirty tricks, on top of being an excellent grappler.
    amen!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 6:36pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but at the same time he continues to plug his school over and over again and I am getting tired of reading this stuff, only because IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD.

It is **** like this that makes me want to to quit martial arts. I don't see the point in posting here anymore - you guys are a bunch of idiots! However . . . you should all come to my club for a free month trial and I promise you will not have to listen to me avoid answering direct and relevant questions nor invite you into some "unseemly man-on-man action"!! :XXspermy:
    Last edited by Krackie; 1/09/2008 6:40pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 7:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNBS
    thank you for answering that question regarding the neigong seminar. i appreciate that you didn't ignore it.
    so who is this person anyways, the direct descendant of Tie Song? and who is Tie Song?

of all the 2 years i was with FSD, i never heard about any ties to monks.