Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 11:55pm

Style: Various

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dojo No Fun has Fun with n00b

Hey Noob,

I thought this forum was for experiences with FSD Staff or anything related to FSD. I was just putting my 2 cents in about Steph and Martin as I have personal experiences with them both. It's good that you can be so judgemental about things. It seems that you are a pretty small person on the inside. I feel bad for you. Are you pissed because I state that the family can fight? Or are you pissed that you didn't think of the things I said first? I think that honour and respect/spirituality are huge aspects of Martial Arts. Do you believe in Thug Arts? FSD is considered a Thug Art as they are no better then the thugs on the street that mug people for their coin. They are just more proficient at fighting then your average person. About Patenaude beating up a drunk, if you had even bothered to have read what came after, I was stating that a show of power instead of a show of force would be indicative of a good teacher. Obviously my opinions expressed passed straight over your head. Oh! I just had an idea, are you one of the brothers come in under a pseudonym to flame me? Hahaha, sounds like it doesn't it? In case you don't know what pseudoynm means it means you logged in under a fake name. Just thought I would break the information down to a level of intelligence that you can comprehend.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 7:58am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojo No Fun
    I thought this forum was for experiences with FSD Staff or anything related to FSD.
    No, this forum is a public service. This thread is a public service directly related to the claims of Fang Shen Do.

We, on this forum, look at the claims made by martial arts schools to see what level of reality exist behind those claims.

There are a great many "martial arts" making claims that exceed their reality.

At this point in our examination, Fang Shen Do has not substantiated the claims that it makes. The opportunity is there for them to back up their claims.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 9:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojo No Fun
    Hey Noob,

I thought this forum was for experiences with FSD Staff or anything related to FSD. I was just putting my 2 cents in about Steph and Martin as I have personal experiences with them both. It's good that you can be so judgemental about things. It seems that you are a pretty small person on the inside. I feel bad for you. Are you pissed because I state that the family can fight? Or are you pissed that you didn't think of the things I said first? I think that honour and respect/spirituality are huge aspects of Martial Arts. Do you believe in Thug Arts? FSD is considered a Thug Art as they are no better then the thugs on the street that mug people for their coin. They are just more proficient at fighting then your average person. About Patenaude beating up a drunk, if you had even bothered to have read what came after, I was stating that a show of power instead of a show of force would be indicative of a good teacher. Obviously my opinions expressed passed straight over your head. Oh! I just had an idea, are you one of the brothers come in under a pseudonym to flame me? Hahaha, sounds like it doesn't it? In case you don't know what pseudoynm means it means you logged in under a fake name. Just thought I would break the information down to a level of intelligence that you can comprehend.
    If by 'can fight', you mean 'can beat up drunken no-skill opponents', then yes, that family can fight. They ARE definitely more proficient than an average person, but I have seen nothing that indicates more results that one would expect from aggressive, physically fit people who aren't afraid to punch someone in the face. Luckily, I was introduced to BJJ and Muay Thai training and got to experience a little bit what happens when you put fake martial arts up against real ones.

And yes, I think you're an idiot for worrying about spirituality and all the rest of the bullshit hand waving. I take martial arts to learn to fight, if I wanted spirituality I'd go to church.

Claiming I might be a Patenaude just shows that you haven't read any of the FSD threads worth a damn, either that, or you read at a first grade level. My name is ALL over these threads for the last few years.

You'll find that people on this site call bullshit wherever it may be, whether you LIKE Fang Shen Do or not, if you talk BS, you're going to get called on it. And trying to talk down to me is just going to make you look stupid. Well, stupider, anyways. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 12:26pm

Style: Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lively dialogue!

I too, believe that there are other aspects to martial arts than just the self-defence applications. While there are others, spirituality can definitely be part of it, depending on one's understanding of the practice. This is where TMA's might differ from sport fighting in a generalized sense, but certainly not mutually exclusive. Honour, respect and social values are also important to me as part of my practice and is not often discussed here on bullshido. Personally, I think the last place to find spirituality is in a church (speaking of bullshit and hand waving).

I do agree with noob in that sucker punching someone or beating up a drunk is not indicative of someone's ability to fight, more likley their insecurities, fear and meaness. I have spent many years working with violent offenders, in a professional capacity, and their behavior was always a result of intimidation, fear, personal gain or stunted emotional intelligence. If FSD is making elevated claims of what it can do, there should be some way to measure this in the appropriate context. We haven't seen this as of yet but have heard and seen much more to the contrary.
    Last edited by Krackie; 1/04/2008 12:33pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 2:41pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No disrespect intended,

I have stayed away from commenting on FSD on this and any other thread.
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Until the goons in FSD (and they know who they are) apoligize for what they have done, there is no sense in continuing any conversation regarding honour or fairplay.

The lying and pretending has got to stop.

I am but an old man, out of shape, brown stripe, ex fanger, FSD should get it's act together and stop bulying people.

As for people being afraid of them (with reason I might add), Gerry knows who I am.
    I will not smell **** for no none, and I do have a good lawyer.

And finaly here is my comment: Someone please give Jacques valium.

R

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 2:13pm

Style: kUNG FU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Askari-

sorry just saw a few words I missed in last post concerning 1 st generation Bruce Lee student. The words missing are " trained under an original Bruce Lee student" my bad!

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 4:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Growing up in the 70's Bruce Lee was quite an influence on most young people in that day with even a modicum of anxt. (I think that is how you spell it). However today saying that you were a student or 2nd generation student of Lee’s really doesn’t mean anything anymore. Don't get me wrong he was a very skilled Martial Artist no doubt even by todays standards.

Bruce Lee’s rise to fame was due mainly because nobody had the exposure to the Martial Arts back then that we enjoy today. He was the one that brought it to the west and made it a buzzword and the fact that he died young added to the mystique (much like James Dean).

If instead it was Jet Li, Stephen Segal, Jackie Chan or Sonny Chiba we would be saying that any one of those 4 were the best. However in all fairness Lee never completed his training in Wing Chun because his father sent him to the States before he could. And when he went back to Hong Kong to visit Yip Man the good Wing Chun men there were putting in 3 strikes for every 1 of his.

Frankly in Wing Chun circles he was considered mediocre. Moy Yat was Yip Mans best student and he was also the youngest Sifu that Yip Man produced (only 23 years old). When Lee got discouraged he contended that he would never be as good as the masters that were there. His contention was that if he trained 5 years hard then they would train 5 years hard and he would never catch up.

That is a rather limited view because some people are just inherently faster, in better shape, can throw and take a punch better and my be more of a natural than others. To say that you will never catch up is erroneous. I think if he stayed with the style long enough that he could hold his own with the best of them back then I’m sure he wouldn’t have been so quick to modify it ala (Wing Chun Do).

I have been exposed to the modified version and quite frankly it seems rather clunky compared to the original more classical method. After all the classical method has been around for hundreds of years and has stood the test of time during an age that people had to go to war every day and were against all shapes and sizes of opponents on a daily basis whether with or without weapons .

I think if you were to combine WC with something like the Bando Boar you would have a method that is hard to beat. Two methods that are among the best in their particular application. The only styles in my area are TKD, Karate, Judo, Boxing. I have heard some good things about the Bando Boar method but alas I have not heard of any schools even remotely close. I would be very interested in watching it in action though. Sounds like a good all around method.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 5:10pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SNBS
    sorry just saw a few words I missed in last post concerning 1 st generation Bruce Lee student. The words missing are " trained under an original Bruce Lee student" my bad!
    Yeah, I got it. Even DeMille acknowledges that Jacques trained Wing Chun Do. And it would take a blind man to watch those videos or attend your seminars and not be able to tell that FSD is strongly Wing Chun based.

Demille has his own issues that would be better addressed in another thread if someone were inclined, but its really old history. His own story is suspect, though he definitely attended classes taught by BL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi Trader
    I think if he stayed with the style long enough that he could hold his own with the best of them back then I’m sure he wouldn’t have been so quick to modify it ala (Wing Chun Do).
    No, there is a lot of debate on this in __ing __un clubs, but no. BL stopped training __ing __un because the __ing __un did not work. Your __ing __un club after class discussions are not real history.
    I have been exposed to the modified version and quite frankly it seems rather clunky compared to the original more classical method.
    During this post, I am going to give you the best advice that anyone has ever given you with regards to martial arts. You are not going to like the advice, but it is more honest then you are going to get from any other source.

I think if you were to combine WC with something like the Bando Boar you would have a method that is hard to beat. Two methods that are among the best in their particular application.
    Do not combine WC with anything, especially not Burmese boxing. In fact stop training WC. Quit your club now. In fact never go back.

If you dont know why, go and read this thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61240

The only styles in my area are TKD, Karate, Judo, Boxing.
    Go and train Judo. PM me with your area and I'll send you to a good club.

Quit __ng __un now, print this post out, read it again.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 6:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Yeah, I got it. Even DeMille acknowledges that Jacques trained Wing Chun Do. And it would take a blind man to watch those videos or attend your seminars and not be able to tell that FSD is strongly Wing Chun based.
    Correction, FSD is heavily *Wing Chun Do *based, via DeMille, whose Chun-ishness is thru Bruce.

So there is a chun look but you might be giving it too much credit to call it chun, especially considering the blatant WCD ripoff that FSD was when I started there.

(I had found some WCD training videos and if you swapped logos you wouldn't even KNOW it wasn't FSD, and we all know about how the books are virtually word-for-word, hence my opinion).

But yeah, I get what you mean.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 7:56pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Growing up in the 70's Bruce Lee was quite an influence on most young people in that day with even a modicum of anxt. (I think that is how you spell it).
    I think you mean angst.

angst (ängkst) Pronunciation Key
    n. A feeling of anxiety or apprehension often accompanied by depression.