218358 Bullies, 5666 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 651 to 660 of 2212
Page 66 of 222 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566 6768697076116166 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. sifu no bs is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    62

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 7:51pm


     Style: kUNG FU

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krackie

    Waste of time to come for an open training session with me? I do not want to teach you anything other than the fact that I will adapt to any type of training that you do and my shape is not too bad so it could even be fun for both of us to a friendly workout /sparring /grappling and after you can decide if it is a waste of time.


    Pi trader-

    the fact that I remember John is pretty simple for the fact that not alot of people reached there black sashes especially at that time and I know that he went boxing club after. John was a funny guy he liked to scrap and he spent alot of time around the school and yes liked to drink and have a good time. I remember alot of things about him but vaguely since it's been so long.

    For your experience in sparring and such well I don't know what you expected him to do except punch /kick/wrestle you or any other partner. Times have changed for the better in alot of areas but it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience back then.

    Askari-

    To be the laughing stock of the world like you say well we are doing not too bad and have come a long way over the years and always are finding ways to improve our service to students. I have said this before but will repeat by saying that the certificates have never been important to me and the only thing that matters is what people can bring to others and improve them in various ways then they have done what needs to be done to master an art. This was his way and it still his and no one can take away the fact that he was a student of an original Bruce Lee student and then he moved on to do his own thing based on jeet kune do and having no way as way as the backbone of the art. A punch is a punch ,a kick is a kick, an armbar is an armbar, no matter what art you practice or what race,religion you are, it still is the same thing. I was never caught in styles an labels just worried about making it work if I needed to in a real situation.

    To this day I have never had anyone come in any of our schools and laugh at what we do and that is a fact !! My father was very emotional and took things very personal at that time and probably did things in the spur of the moment. It is not my way or your way to do things but it was his way and some people loved him for it some just didn't. He ran a very tough school which created some very good martial artists which we are the proof of and we are passing along what we were taught in a slightly more user friendly way today.

    Be patient for the certificates it's coming soon.
  2. Macte is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    132

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 8:17pm


     Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    WTF

    JP was never ever ever taught by Bruce Lee, saying that he was a 1st gen student is a lie....he is not and never was a Lee first gen student...NONE of the First Gen guy`s knew him...and NONE of the LA Chinatown people ever heard of him.....he has had no formal TRAINING IN JKD.....NONE..EXCEPT ONE INOSANTO SEMINAR IN TORONTO BACK IN THE LATE 80`S. The first Gen student thing is a load of BS, How can you base something on something when there has never been any formal training?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

    Demile was a first Gen student and he himself only had 32 lessons with Lee...thats it...they had a falling out.........

    JP could and never would place himself in a "student" training environ to further himself, which is the only way to get better.....by training with people better than yourself..........

    "if you chase too mnay rabbit`s you will go hungry"

    wtf.....
  3. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 8:41pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well we are doing not too bad and have come a long way over the years and always are finding ways to improve our service to students. I have said this before but will repeat by saying that the certificates have never been important to me
    I think I can speak for most of the posters here, no one wishes you ill.

    You are in a serious minority that does not care about certification. For example, I walk into my doctor's office, the certificates are on the wall - I care that he is certified - and I care from where he is certified.

    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    We are passing along what we were taught in a slightly more user friendly way today.

    Be patient for the certificates it's coming soon.
    Glad to hear it, you are listening and trying to improve things.

    Looking forward to seeing the certificates.
    Last edited by Askari; 1/02/2008 8:49pm at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
  4. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 8:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does it even make a difference whatr the certificates are at this point? We have been made a joke of in the last few years for no real reason except jealousy. What would it really change to have certificates and pics of MMA matches to a board of people who are resentfull of our schools?
    It would make a difference because it would show that J. Patenaude is not lying about that one part of his biography, and that would be a big deal indeed, because all the facts so far in evidence indicate the opposite.

    I'm not in the business of martial arts, I don't do Kung Fu, and the only Canadians I've ever envied are the ones who live next to big lakes with lots of game and not so many people. Calling people who ask you simple questions "jealous" is not a very effective dodge. Good luck with that.
    *********************************************
  5. fanger123 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    499

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 9:07pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNBS
    still no answer to the question regarding the underground fighting? (3rd time it's being asked!)

    i can kinda feel for your situation. you obviously can't undo things from the past, so you want to focus on whatever FSD (or your particular school) has to offer now. and i think one of the ways to make up for the lack of certifications is to prove your worth in competitions, which some of you already did (the MT fights at tri star).
  6. old1o1 is offline
    old1o1's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    244

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 9:25pm


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs

    Pi trader-

    the fact that I remember John is pretty simple for the fact that not alot of people reached there black sashes especially at that time and I know that he went boxing club after. John was a funny guy he liked to scrap and he spent alot of time around the school and yes liked to drink and have a good time. I remember alot of things about him but vaguely since it's been so long......
    Let's see. Pi said about twenty years ago. So Steph, you were just discovering your pin, about 10 to 14 years old? You used to go drinking with this guy, or just with dad. I think you are remembering on behalf of daddy, n'est pas?
    ( Thanks dad! We all know pretending is something that kids do. Like playing superman, or bruce lee, that kind of stuff. You can lecture your boy on ethics later.)

    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    Be patient for the certificates it's coming soon.
    Finally! How about a time frame for this momentous occasion? Not pushing, just eager.
    French to English thing? Certificates - plural, it's - singular. Although, I will be impressed with more than zero.

    Old1o1
    I C U
  7. TheDingo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    385

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 10:17pm


     Style: BJJ ultra-noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    Be patient for the certificates it's coming soon.
    Just make sure they are not written in crayon -- that's a big give-away.:tongue1:

    Seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing some evidence of sJP's claims.

    As it was said previously, it's easy to shut up the naysayers -- just provide proof of FSD claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    no one can take away the fact that he was a student of an original Bruce Lee student
    Though bringing in the student of a student of Bruce Lee doesn't mean much. Especially when as Macte pointed out, neither were long term or highly ranked students of their former teachers. Now, if Demille had the same level of respect as Insanto it may be different -- and then Demille has previously not said glowing things about sJP. Nope, I don't think pulling in the Bruce Lee angle helps your cause (though might get the gullible).

    As an example, I've eaten drank beer and eaten fish'n'chips with Gord Downy (of Tragically Hip fame), and had morning coffee with Roche Voisine -- does that make me a Canadian music icon? Nope, just lucky and motivated (I wrote entertainment journalism over a decade ago, and had an acquintance that owned a bar which the tragically hip visited). See, I can name drop too, but in reality it doesn't mean much.

    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    and then he moved on to do his own thing based on jeet kune do
    What is sJP's background in JKD -- in order to base something on JKD, one should first be trained it (beyound just knowing the words). I hope this question will get resolved with the certificates.
  8. Dojo No Fun is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    1/03/2008 3:33am


     Style: Various

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Why a Dojo is no fun!

    Hi everyone!

    This is my first post and I do have to say that I know both of the young sifu's at Patenaude's school and they are nice people but unfortunately they have been taught to fight without honour and without discrimination. Those last 2 things being said are the 2 most important things a teacher should know. They should also know about respect for themselves and for others. Stephane you should never offer to pick a fight with someone then call them names because they refuse to show or simply because they do not want to. A true master/teacher/senpai/sifu would never in their right minds demonstrate the anger you have shown. This proves that after so many years the FSD art is still young and immature. Regardless of certification just knowing that the school has no honour is enough not to make anyone want to go. I have to say that it is true about the bar fights being picked as a form of initiation (1 of my friends personally partook in the brawl which then lead to him being arrested). I can not rightly acknowledge Mr. Patenaude as a master of his art because he has never shown any proper etiquette for a master nor has he provided any proof of certification. It shouldn't be that difficult to provide a piece of paper showing the truth of training. One of the biggest problems my friend had with the school was the uniforms changing on a constant basis and you can't continue your training without the new uniform. The prices were outrageous (about 1.5 to 2x greater then the price should have been). I don't know if things have changed but I can tell you, that family can fight, do not doubt that, as I have witnessed their combat skills first hand. But again, the attack was provoked by a drunkard and any true teacher would have walked away or provided a demonstration of power instead of providing a demonstration on how to break someone's face. All in all, i'm just saying that in order to get your school's name back in the good graces of the public eye, some aspects need some fine tuning. Let me list them for you in case you don't know due to the lack of training in these areas : Honour, Respect, Spirituality, Forgiveness, Righteousnous, Protecting the Weak and Protecting the one's you love. These concepts are not dead, they are pounded into the ground by the weak willed people of our world who do not understand how to care and love for others. No I am not religous nor a fanatic of any religion at all. I am a good person trying to understand how a Martial Arts school has developed so poorly.
  9. n00b is offline
    n00b's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    1/03/2008 7:21am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojo No Fun
    [FONT=Arial]Hi everyone!
    Oh, so full of ****, read more, post less until you know what you're on about. Your entire post boils down to 'I saw a Patenaude beat up a drunk, and I know someone who said he took part in the bar-fight thing'.

    Thanks, that's one sentence in all that with any relevance.

    Personally I could care less about how much hand-waving crap there is, I just wanted real skills that amounted to more than being told to 'hit first, be surprising, be in shape', and a cool logo.
  10. fanger123 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    499

    Posted On:
    1/03/2008 1:11pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe noob go easy on the new guy/girl. i was also full of ideals ... like 15 years ago. don't we all go through such phase?

    dojonofun
    please do tell us about your personal exp. with FSD... like around when, for how long, how was it, etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.