Page 65 of 222 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465 6667686975115165 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 12:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to SP's comment the person to whom I was referring (John) was at the club some 20years ago. And the fact that the details that I gave enabled you to pick him out of the crowd two decades later says a lot that what I had to say was NOT a load of crap! Especially when you consider that he was not the only John at the school.

What I had to say about him was not derogatory towards John in any way so JP or any of his more fanatical following would not have anything to hold against him. John was a really nice and easy going guy. It was just an account of what I experienced at the club at the time. Nothing more. Which also seems to be in step with what more students that were there are saying. People that described the Catherine school to a tee so I know that they were there.

I was not there long enough that I can account for the more disturbing behavior of JP or his flock mentioned by others that were there longer than I was. But knowing what I know from first hand experience with him and those that were confronted by him like Claude Villenauve, if any of what is being said is even remotely true then I certainly would think twice about handing over my name to one of his family members.

The fact that you want my name is creepy in itself. After all what would you do with it Stephane hmmm? Say "OH! OK! UMM! THANKS!!" Or would run to daddy and ask to see the old records in an effort to get my address. Or contact me in some way to invite me to your school so you can exhibit the same characteristics that your father did to so many?

To address the Sunny Tang comment that I made, JP's school at the time was the only one that taught Wing Chun. Or so the student thought. After more than 5 years at JP's club all John could do when sparring full contact was something akin to kickboxing. Not just John but all of the sparring that I and the whole school witnessed at the time. No trapping, Chi Sao, Phon sao, or anything loosely resembling Wing Chun. And yet JP still waived the Wing Chun Do banner in his club.

I remember saying to myself that if I were up against somebody like Randy Williams or Augustine Fong I would have been a rag doll in a hurricane and I certainly would not have lasted close to 10min sparring them. I was only a blue belt at the time. If people were enticed into JP's club with the visions of learning Wing Chun then they were very dissapointed. As I was. That would explain the comments that went on in the change room and the resultant turnaround in clientele that was so predominant when I was there. People were just sick and tired of being slapped around for doing nothing more than asking a question. Like whether the haymaker punch that we spent 45min practicing in the event of a bar fight was even part of the Wing Chun toolbox.

JP may be different now I don't know ( if he is then good for him. He finally got the help he needed) but when I was there he had some serious anger management issues and he seemed to get some peverse thrill out of venting them on his students. This could only lead any credible intellect to the conclusion that when Sunny Tang came on the scene and he had the iron clad credentials placing him as a 2nd generation Yip Man student, it would have attracted those students that wanted to learn true authentic Ving Tsun and not a watered down version of JKD Kickboxing, Wing Chun, Fang Shen or whatever the **** you want to call it.

Enough Said!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 8:38pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNBS
    Go away, you are not invited anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 12:05am

Style: kUNG FU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha you pi trader this is still bothering you after 20 fucking years? OMG

Krackie you are a little bithch that should come for some private 1 on 1 lessons for free at my school. What do you have to lose? If you ever find the balls to come then I will greet you with open arms but I douv=bt you have the balls to do so. Not onw ove you has done so up to now and it's been almost 3 years now. So disapointing.

Askari;

Does it even make a difference whatr the certificates are at this point? We have been made a joke of in the last few years for no real reason except jealousy. What would it really change to have certificates and pics of MMA matches to a board of people who are resentfull of our schools?

As I explained to TKDBB in private e-mails about the whole situation, there no point in trying to justify this whole thing.

Krackie; never liked you and never though you had anything productive to bring to the table so you can just take off and really no one would really notice to tell you the truth. You are someone who doesn't have any real skills and would never have the balls to come in person which is really unfortunate. Good luck in your uneventfull life and if you decide to come then please let me know and I will be glad to show you around my club and what I offer.

Stephane Patenaude

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 12:16am

Style: kUNG FU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pi trader check your claim from first post! Sunny tang claims are fictional what do you have to say about that?

Fanger; No beef with anyone?? what is this all about then ? PM me at virgoman89@hotmail.com so i can get a better understanding of your situation and make a fake address like most have done up to now if you like.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 7:56am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    Does it even make a difference whatr the certificates are at this point? We have been made a joke of in the last few years for no real reason except jealousy. What would it really change to have certificates and pics of MMA matches to a board of people who are resentfull of our schools?
    I hate to break this to you but anyone using Google can read this thread if they search Fang Shen Do. You are not posting just to the couple of hundred people who have been writing their stories on this forum. What do you get by providing proof?

Legitimacy.

At this point I have come to the realization that you can not produce even the name of the person that certified Jacques Patinaude as the instructor of anything remotely related to martial arts. If you had that, you know that I would follow up with that person and provide the proof for you.

Legitimacy is what he does not have.

No one is jealous of you, but yes you are a laughing stock around the world. This is because you have no proof that you are anything except the made up delusions of one man.

Edited to add: For the record, I have already contacted and received replies from the instructors of the Karate club that Jacques Patenaude trained at in the early 70s. Bonus points to the first correct guess as to the belt colour he achieved.
    Last edited by Askari; 1/02/2008 8:33am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 8:55am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Edited to add: For the record, I have already contacted and received replies from the instructors of the Karate club that Jacques Patenaude trained at in the early 70s. Bonus points to the first correct guess as to the belt colour he achieved.
    Survey says...yellow?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stephane
    nobody here is jealous about your success!! it's not a personal vendetta...we just want objective facts! you'll actually see threads that start as personal vendetta to be blasted then shipped to YMAS (the comedy section)

how about i just ask a question that i find reasonable... did the founder of FSD really participate in underground fightings for money to support his family?

and really, i don't know why i would need to send you private mails, since it's info i believe that needs to available for everybody.
    to recap my "situation", i did FSD for 2 years. did get better physically. best flexibility of my life also. but i grew weary of all the little things (inner circle, graduation ceremony where you had to bring someone outside, and other stuff) that eventually lead me away from FSD.

my reason for sticking around and contributing is that this thread informs the consumer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    Survey says...yellow?
    I agree! But that would make me second place and without bonus! :icon_pale

Old1o1
    Aways a Bridesmaid

ps. Langelier Karate Dojo - Chito Ryu - jp probably attended mid-to-late seventies. Went from one or 2 dojos to about 12 after the Enter the Dragon thing happened in 73. Promptly went flat several years later, back to one or two locations and without Langelier teaching anymore.... if memory serves me right.
    Last edited by old1o1; 1/02/2008 3:59pm at . Reason: Ps ing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 4:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNBS

Based on your last comments, you speak as if you know me, without knowing me at all. It is these types of responses that generate the continued ridicule towards you/FSD. People ask reasonable questions, you refuse to answer or answer completely or you answer questions not aksed or change the subject altogether. Questions about your dad's training, certification, behavior and legitimacy are important questions that you nor anyone else has answered. This is just the tip of the iceberg about all the issues people have raised here. Because of your continued refusal to provide any useful info. to this thread, that is why I said "go away, you are not invited anymore". You are contributing nothing, but comic relief, to the intention of this thread.

While FSD today might be very different to what it was 5, 10, 15 or even 20 years ago there are questions that people want answered. It seems that you want to talk about what is happening "now" with FSD or specifically your club. Great - go start a separate thread and do that. This thread encompasses the "whole" of FSD from the beginning to the present.

Thanks for the invite to train with you at your club, but why would I want to do that?? What would motivate me to waste my time with FSD. I am already in really awesome shape, so I cannot think of any other legitimate reason I would even consider it. Regardless of what you or even others believe about WC (say it ain't so on bullshido!) I can at least claim knowledge and skill from "externally" certified instructors from a system that has a complete curriculum to its art.

So, either answer the questions or please go away. You are not even entertaining anymore - it is tedious.

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 4:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh Stephane... I happened to go back to my original post and reviewed what I said. I did not say that JP did indeed take a swing at Sunny Tang. I said, and I quote "I wonder IF Patenaude ever got the gumption to confront Sunny Tang. " And I went on to say "I would be interested to know IF he did."

And as far as it bothering me after 20 years, frankly I could care less. I have moved on with my life. When I saw this forum I thought that I would give my 2 cents worth and inform people as to my experience with him. If my experience with him were a positive one that helped me grow as a martial artist and a person then I certainly would have stipulated so.

Frankly I would have rather given a positive review but that would not be truthful. And from what I have read from other ex students of his club I can see that I was not the exception. If anything it was the rule. Whether the student was there 6 months or 8 years the accounts with the man do not seem to deviate. As such I felt it my duty to inform those individuals that have an interest in joining the club what to expect.

However this forum is designed to inform people as to their experiences within the club and I did just that. Like it or not your affiliation with and allegiance to JP does not diminish the truth!! These posts are nothing more than accounts of unrelated individuals telling it as it was, as well as requests to have legitimate credentials and claims produced so as to clear up any misinterpretation or misunderstanding that has arisen as it pertains to JP’s past and training. NOTHING MORE!