Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656106 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 9:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and also how you got to join this forum, whether you knew about bullshido prior to quitting FSD, etc.

:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 1:21pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyslain

Unless a lot of other questions come up, I don't plan on posting much more – I feel I've done my part, and I'm hoping I'll inspire some guys with REAL whopper stories (that I know about) to finally come out.

Ghyslain.
    Tweaks from various birds.

Source – an original jp student and a real baker
    -started in church basement on Walkley Road near Riverside.
    -he lived on Bank street near Hunt Club road.
    -shut down church thing for a while, then taught at his home for a while
    -moved to Catherine Street Upstairs in a small room.
    -Later moved to the basement of the same building. jp In love with old man landlord.

Source – guy from Embrun who jp taught in space at an elementary school in ?Casselman?
    -stupid behaviour rather than a poor environment, financial included. Known by family and friends as a touchy hot head, a victim of his own “small man syndrome”. (Demile's analysis)

Source, 2 former students via a friend of mine, jp liked them because drinkers and spoke french.
    -Ving Tsun/ Leung Ting sold VT certificates of Association, assuminizing that he was an actual VT/WC instructor and that he would upgrade skills within the LT organization. Cfool lied about qualifications, and did not follow through and go off to HK for training. Jp wouldn't know what a pak sao is about if it were explained to him by Yip Man before the old man's stoner days. Go ahead and apply for an association certificate, all the fsd'ers are doing it.

Source -mixed stories and baker guy. He had been to jp's home a few times, where he hung his Karate certificate.
    -Karate- Langelier Karate, big in 70's. Almost went broke in 80's. Andre Langelier was a big name in Canadian Karate. Andre was also privately gay, and oddly enough, word got out and may have driven a lot of people away. Jp got an orange or green belt, varying accounts from various Ottawa sources.

Source – a lot of different antidotes from original students to early 90's.
    - jp is xenophobic regarding other “realler” MA's. (is “realler” a real word?) Fear of being shown up kept him from tolerating other MA's. Told students they could only have one master... guess who? Many of the early students had backgrounds in Karate, JJ, etc. and were curious about what this guy was selling.
    -by most accounts related to me, he went from just an interesting quirky guy to a full blown loony by the mid 80's. Students who were friends and helping seefreed develop something more than WCD were suddenly cut off. First name basis changed to sifu and student. One student, a psychiatrist today, was sure there was a major depressive episode that drove jp's poor sense of self into a deep paranoia. An “inner circle” would be difficult for him. He is more likely a user of people, feigning an inner circle trust to get what he wants. A story about a photographer and wcd student. The student was constantly in the good books when he offered to take pictures or video demo's, but was moved on out once jp got what he wanted, and then back in when he needed more pics. jp would expect that any student who offered services should be grateful to him (jp) and should even thank seafood for the honour. (Psychiatrists are cool...and they tend to want a nut free environment)

Source -Silat org., or anybody that jp claims certification from, fictional or otherwise.
    - no weapons training certification produced to date.
    -Bob Carver first wanted jp to join the forming of a new association, when schools would share and exchange training. Jp said NO!
    - Carver went on to other things and eventually focused on MT.
    -Kali!!! Don't even give jp a Popsicle or he'll put his own eyes out.

Source- many trusted accounts
    -jp would buy an Inside Kung-Fu or Black Belt magazine, and then something “he” created would be shown in the next class. (Like no one else read these mags.)
    -Most of his ill named Phon Sao techniques are from a badly written WC book by James Yimm Lee. I assume Jimmy was equally bad at wing chun. (ps. Technical editor = Bruth Lee, jp's favourite muscle man and wannabe wing chun master.
    -You will also find things taken from Inosantos' many books. (Jp likes the picture books.)
    -silat big wigs disavowed any knowledge of jp, but stopped short of sending out assassins. Comon'... Assassins using silat... jp wouldn't get the joke.

Source – a student who attended the Demile seminar/ cast call
    -first dummy, aside from jp, was this spring for arms thing he had made up ;) (again with the BL equipment knock offs). This little birdie tells me that when Demile came to visit, one of his favourite things to do was to repeatedly ridicule this spring armed dummy, followed by everything else jp did. jp had time for another depressive fugue after that visit. jp did not want to be himself anymore.

Source - 2 former students via a friend of mine, liked to drink, did not like jp old friend
    -jp did like to go to Vegas with a particularly well shaved ;) student whom was with him since the basement church....
    -ghyslain, I think you might have something there... churches, priest like activities.... besides bingo....

I suppose one might start looking at what jp was, and why it went from bad to worse. Why does his family supports the falsehoods. What could be the motivation?????
    Oh yeah! Money! When deceit produces cash flow and no one questions it, well why would you stop lying if money is all you ever cared for?

Old1o1
    Zero Defects

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 8:26pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Source - 2 former students via a friend of mine, liked to drink, did not like jp old friend
    -jp did like to go to Vegas with a particularly well shaved ;) student whom was with him since the basement church....
    Wow! Unfortunate that you couldn't get a closer or more definite source but WOW nonetheless.

Anyone notice that whenever we strike close to home the sockpuppets get quiet? Mind you 'striking' close to home shouldn't really come as a surprise to the FSDers now should it? I mean one always needs to keep an open mind.....

TKD

"You got a purdy mouth!"

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    speaking of open mind, i'd like to watch that new grappling DVD as advertised at the FSD website.

since it's branded as savage and blunt, i'm guessing "the anti grapple" with eye gouging and stuff.

not that i'll actually pay for this, but that DVD is still not available in the product session.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 9:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    speaking of open mind, i'd like to watch that new grappling DVD as advertised at the FSD website.

since it's branded as savage and blunt, i'm guessing "the anti grapple" with eye gouging and stuff.

not that i'll actually pay for this, but that DVD is still not available in the product session.
    I am probably going to trash my copies of the FSD DVDs I own, unless someone wants them. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to throw them away, and if someone were to take them after that, well I can't be held responsible for that, can I? Wouldn't mind seeing the NEW grappling DVD myself. If it's anything like the Power Punch book, it'll be a scene for scene recreation of one of the original Gracie tapes.

Including the triangle-me guard escape.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was planning on switching to a different martial art but I found bullshido by accident and then was amazed at the FSD talk. Reading these stories makes me not want to return but if I was switching anyways I was most likely doing that regardless and going to a cheaper and smaller school (the large # of schools I don't find appealing anymore). I got to yellow sash and I don't find quitting to be a big deal for me. Right now I just feel like there is a plateau in terms of skill level and to me something just doesn't feel right. I feel like I would be better off joining a gym for physical development and another martial art for skill. FSD seems more like kickboxing to me so unless we are using forms/katas then I don't see as much need for some of the Kung Fu basics. Yes I know what ways Kung Fu basics can help but it just feels contradictory to the philosophy of what I thought FSD is supposed to be. The seminars I liked which were weapons and Focus on Results (arrow breaking). I think for weapons I am better off doing Kali or Arnis. I enjoyed the focus on results seminar but I think they feed off of emotion too much which I find makes the goal setting aspect of the seminar pointless as I have learned to avoid mixing emotional states with things like this.

Overall I really don't have a negative experience with FSD. I was planning on trying other arts and I do feel that I need to try more to better myself as a martial artist, much in the same was sJP says he did the same. I don't feel I can get much better or be happier in sticking with the program so it is time for a switch. I have learned a few techniques that I would like to carry with me and build on. Yes I would say the costs are more than you typical school but I came from CMAC and they make FSD look cheap in terms of prices. The stories here don't shock me or scare me but the comments about the skill set have me thinking a little bit. I was content with less focus on the skill set as a tradeoff for power, focus and adding your personal touch to make it yours but I think I have learned that now. Would I recommend FSD to my friends? After reading these threads I don't know but I wouldn't do that and not tell them about these threads either because they are the individual who can make up their own mind. My only recommendation would be to try many schools along w/ the free lessons for you to make up your mind what feels right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 6:12pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My advice is to *NOT* try the 1 month free lessons, because after the first lesson they'll try to get you to sign up for a year with additional discounts (that you don't get if you don't sign up now now now) with that Tony Robbin's slick used car salesman approach.

Maybe that's just my personal experience....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1 month free is a bold prediction but yes they do get you this way and really brush off the free month. You really feel a lot of sales and marketing at these schools which I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to be successful but to me it is all about the costs vs. quality. The cost is high but everyone is claiming that the quality is low in that mechanics of striking are rarely touched upon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 6:53pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, do you have any proof otherwise about striking mechanics? Do yo uthink qua-choi #3 is an effective, simple or direct strike? Have you ever used it in sparring?

Also include that sJP lies about credentials (mastering multiple arts), and the rest of the strange behaviour and you go from an expensive mcdojo to something else entirely.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 7:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never used qua-choi #3 in sparring but I think it could have the potential to be a good weapon. As for proof of striking mechanics I can only go by what others are saying here and my experience. My experience is that power and intensity were the main focus of strikes rather than the details of the techniques. I compare it with the striking mechanics I learned in other schools and it seemed to make me look sharper than other FSD students at my level. I found I was always asking for details on the mechanics which I would get some answers but I was asking all the time. This topic can only open a can of worms but if I am reading stories of ex FSDers who spent time there then another martial art stating the skill level is missing then it makes sense to me. The only way I will know is if I try something else which I will. Overall I don't really have a bad experience with FSD and I will take some things that I have learned with me. I just don't think that all these stories can be swept under the carpet since there are too many of them. I won't exactly stick around to read any more of them but if I find a better school that is also cheaper, and most are cheaper at least then I will tell my friends about it if they are interested. Otherwise I would always recommend people try multiple schools and find what is right for them.
Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656106 ... LastLast