222455 Bullies, 4410 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 581 to 590 of 2212
Page 59 of 222 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859 6061626369109159 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. LadyPhoenix is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    12/15/2007 10:59pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    What does you primary language have to do with anything I said?

    You're right. Just making sure...


    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    All Kung fu is not expensive.

    Kung-fu is indeed expensive compared to other dojo's. I know there are fakes Dojos that, obviously, are expensive. But it's a fact that Kung-fu Martial-Art had cost a lot.

    They are complaining that FSD charge them a lot. PLus, more they find their inmost information about FSD, more they believe that they are fakes. Does it make sense to you why a Fraud MA would expand their schools almost all over in Canada? It's really risky to do that. Someone said to me, I don't know who, that they are good frauders. Anyway, that's just an example.

    Like them, they don't know really what's going on in FSD...I don't either. I'm just, let's say, in a positive path.

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You hypocritical internet warrior comment.
    Well, you see...in this topic, they make fun of almost supporters of FSD. I don't mind if they call me Internet warrior but if the others do mind, I would keep saying that.


    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    The fact you think all of the favors entitle a place to charge expensive fees.
    I know what you mean. But that's simply my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Your comment on the cost of Shaolin.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is that why you think I wasn't in FSD topic?
  2. TheDingo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    385

    Posted On:
    12/15/2007 11:05pm


     Style: BJJ ultra-noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPheonix/Branwen
    it takes time for them to prove that FSD doesn't need to fight in a "cage".
    Then how come they are now giving cage fighting seminars? The answer: to milk money out of students. Outside of the Patrick/Scott one fight thingy, how much experience does FSD have to teach actual cage fighting seminars. The answer: Practically none.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPheonix/Branwen
    TheDingo, listen to him (the hypocrite one), don't reply me.
    Perhaps my mind is forgetful -- but I believed in the thread about what can make FSD better, I think I stated about playing with others is good. It is a step in the right direction.

    It doesn't wipe away the bogus claims though -- and questionable activities like sniffing pails of dog poo.

    Though if you look at the website today, you do not see Ceejoe making such claims. Good. Though, the calendar I keep referring to was the 2006 calender which was given out to BBC students (I put a couple of scans of it up on the the FSD: sordid history thread). On that cover he claims mastership of multiple martial arts. On his vanity press training guide, he also makes similar claims. So we are not talking about "long past"...

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPheonix/Branwen
    I think what FSD should do is to warn the future student what FSD is all about
    FSD is about making money. Point blank. Nothing more than that. Look at the blogs, they are always selling something.

    • Sunday, December 9, 2007: Trying to sell the FSD training guide.
    • Friday, November 30, 2007: Sales pitch for weapons seminars
    • Wednesday, November 28, 2007: Sales pitch for the flexibility DVD
    • Saturday, November 24, 2007: Sales pitch for women's self defense
    • Wednesday, November 21, 2007: Actually better (less of sales) but self promoting their CBC interview. (so really pimping themselves once again)
    • Friday, November 9, 2007: Sales pitch for kids summer camp.
    • Wednesday, November 7, 2007: Sales pitch to FSD classes themselves.


    As I've said before there is nothing wrong with a business making money.

    But if someone claims something, bases a business on that, and is unwilling to clarify what they've claimed -- that sends up big red flags.

    If the claims are true, then it should be easy to squash the critics just by answering the questions. By not answering the questions, the red flags persist.


    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPheonix/Branwen
    But it's a fact that Kung-fu Martial-Art had cost a lot.
    If it's a fact then site your source. It should be easy if it is a fact.
  3. LadyPhoenix is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    12/15/2007 11:50pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Then how come they are now giving cage fighting seminars? The answer: to milk money out of students. Outside of the Patrick/Scott one fight thingy, how much experience does FSD have to teach actual cage fighting seminars. The answer: Practically none.
    Where does it say that they are giving cage fighting? By a photo that you saw? Well, that's your interpretation.

    I know that they discouraged competition. That I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Perhaps my mind is forgetful -- but I believed in the thread about what can make FSD better, I think I stated about playing with others is good. It is a step in the right direction.
    How would you know what is the right direction? Because you're in favor of competition?


    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    It doesn't wipe away the bogus claims though -- and questionable activities like sniffing pails of dog poo.
    I can't say anything about that. Some testimonials said that. Perhaps they are false, perhaps not. Did you experience sniffing the dog poo? If you didn't, then it means that you believe the ones who "sniffs" the poo might be true. I can't really defend that part while others says so. I need to see these testimonials.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Though if you look at the website today, you do not see Ceejoe making such claims. Good. Though, the calendar I keep referring to was the 2006 calender which was given out to BBC students (I put a couple of scans of it up on the the FSD: sordid history thread). On that cover he claims mastership of multiple martial arts. On his vanity press training guide, he also makes similar claims. So we are not talking about "long past"...
    I already repeated that. If Sijo claims to master multiple MA, then it's true. The only one who can contradict that is Demile's and the others grand masters...publicity.



    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    FSD is about making money. Point blank. Nothing more than that. Look at the blogs, they are always selling something.
    • Sunday, December 9, 2007: Trying to sell the FSD training guide.
    • Friday, November 30, 2007: Sales pitch for weapons seminars
    • Wednesday, November 28, 2007: Sales pitch for the flexibility DVD
    • Saturday, November 24, 2007: Sales pitch for women's self defense
    • Wednesday, November 21, 2007: Actually better (less of sales) but self promoting their CBC interview. (so really pimping themselves once again)
    • Friday, November 9, 2007: Sales pitch for kids summer camp.
    • Wednesday, November 7, 2007: Sales pitch to FSD classes themselves.
    As I've said before there is nothing wrong with a business making money.

    But if someone claims something, bases a business on that, and is unwilling to clarify what they've claimed -- that sends up big red flags.
    If Sijo claimed to master multiple MA, then it's true. You have a choice not to buy it. They believe by selling these "videos", can also make students better in their homes. I don't like that either. I prefer to be in school with students, than learn everything in a video.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    If the claims are true, then it should be easy to squash the critics just by answering the questions. By not answering the questions, the red flags persist.
    I think Sijo answered their questions...the problem is that they don't believe him.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    If it's a fact then site your source. It should be easy if it is a fact.
    Indeed. I'm sure I read it somewhere. I will find that site or an reference article. Give me time, but be assured that I will not forget it.
    Last edited by LadyPhoenix; 12/16/2007 12:04am at .
  4. n00b is offline
    n00b's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 12:07am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPhoenix
    I already repeated that. If Sijo claims to master multiple MA, then it's true.

    If Sijo claimed to master multiple MA, then it's true.
    Have you ANY idea how stupid that sounds?

    You are saying that anything anyone says is true until proven wrong. By that logic, you turn into a flying purple hippo every time you are alone.

    Of course, you lied about seeing proof of his black belts too, so you don't really have any credibility, do you?

    Logic isn't THAT tricky. If there was proof, he'd have shown it. There's no proof, and you know it very well, you're just a troll.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,803

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 12:07am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said you have no idea what you are talking about.

    What has been demonstrated here and other places is Most Kung Fu, that is outrageously priced, is bullshit. Not all but, a large majority. We have a school here charging a ridiculous amount for one style of kung fu in private lessons.

    For the same amount I can go to a MMA gym 6 days a week and learn three complete arts and competition in MMA. By my standards that would be four styles in a legit manner as opposed to one with some possible frauds two days a week plus a private.

    So please don't sit here and tell me all kung fu is expensive. It isn't I trained and opened my own school that wasn't expensive.

    The same weapons you are claiming as a reason for expensive rates, is in the same category as the equipment MMAers need to buy.
  6. Mr. T. is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    22

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 1:57am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LadyPhoenix you are so wrong about the expensive price of kung fu.

    Do a Google search for 'Ottawa kung fu' and you will find some schools with pricing info.

    I have been to one of these places and it was free. Eight months every Sunday. A club in Chinatown was trying to get the community youth more involved with their culture. I was a guest with one of the club members grandson. And according to the other regular students (the ones that took and paid for class during the week), they didn't need to pay additional fees for weapons training.

    As for serious students, for the first three months, they make you do the horse stance for up to an hour each class. Lucky for me, since it wasn't a regular class, I didn't have to go through that. This was their way of weeding out the lazy or non committed students.

    As for the cage that FSD has now, if you flip it to its side, doesn't it look like a big hamster wheel or guinea pig wheel?
  7. LadyPhoenix is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 2:55am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Have you ANY idea how stupid that sounds?

    You are saying that anything anyone says is true until proven wrong. By that logic, you turn into a flying purple hippo every time you are alone.
    Can you just fucking calm down? I have this difficulty to explain bullshidos like you. Sometimes, when I write, it's clear for everybody and obvious. Around here...for me, it doesn't make sense but I understand it....because I reeead and try to see your point of view. You guys are just like...-if that's not it, then It's THAT-. ****, can you not just be more optional?

    Look, I'm going to try to explain step by step to understand each other.

    When I said Sijo invented FSD, you understand the concept that he's the "president", he makes the rules, right? I stop here and see if we understand that.

    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Of course, you lied about seeing proof of his black belts too, so you don't really have any credibility, do you?
    I didn't lie, I saw but I understand that I wasn't curious enough to ask Sijo where did they get those.

    What? Should I ask someone who got his pants? I mean belts?


    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Logic isn't THAT tricky. If there was proof, he'd have shown it. There's no proof, and you know it very well, you're just a troll.
    Troll...troll...troll...I wonder who invented that.

    You're right. I don't know it. That's why I am here. You interpret how fraud they are and how logical they connect with the money, with advertising, with false claimings, etc.
    I interpret otherwise. You don't have proof either! Only your own bad experience and what the others says. If you can't see the possibility that they are not fraud, then who am I to tell you otherwise?

    What proof you got really?


    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    What has been demonstrated here and other places is Most Kung Fu, that is outrageously priced, is bullshit. Not all but, a large majority. We have a school here charging a ridiculous amount for one style of kung fu in private lessons.
    You know that this is another topic. If you want to understand why I said that Kung-fu is expensive compared to others dojo's, I would happily to talk about it with you.

    Because overall, it depends on schools. I'm simply saying that Kung-Fu have always cost a lot. Which means, over 100$ per month. ALways over 100$ per months. Stable kind.

    I know there are schools who charge more than that. It depends on country, it depends how much the instruction think it's worth, how expensive goods and services are in that area, etc.

    And thanks for saying that there is a school that charge ridiculous amount for one style. You just said it what I meant. Is it a good school?

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    For the same amount I can go to a MMA gym 6 days a week and learn three complete arts and competition in MMA. By my standards that would be four styles in a legit manner as opposed to one with some possible frauds two days a week plus a private.
    *sigh* Fake, that's really nice. Un vrai économiseur. If it's something that you're happy with, good. They are FSD students also are happy what FSD do. Perhaps, you can persuade them that there are better dojo's than the ridiculous amount that has Kung-Fu out there. That's preference.
  8. LadyPhoenix is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 3:56am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T.
    LadyPhoenix you are so wrong about the expensive price of kung fu.

    Do a Google search for 'Ottawa kung fu' and you will find some schools with pricing info.

    I have been to one of these places and it was free. Eight months every Sunday. A club in Chinatown was trying to get the community youth more involved with their culture. I was a guest with one of the club members grandson. And according to the other regular students (the ones that took and paid for class during the week), they didn't need to pay additional fees for weapons training.

    Ok, maybe we don't share the same opinion about how expensive it is. How much is for you when I say "expensive"?

    I googled search.
    Niiiice....Ottawa has a lot of Kung-Fu.
    They have nice schools T.

    How much it would cost if they teach the class 4 times a week in every available hour they have?

    I saw this Website: http://www.ottawakungfucenter.com/New/About_us.htm
    1 month= 90$ in Ving Tsun
    Is that expensive for you? (it's a question)

    I wonder how much it cost Wushu...

    They teach three styles in different class. They are simply expanding money, since they have teachers. It's a center.

    That's a nice organization. I like it because I was searching some kung-fu that give 900$ per year. Too bad I don't live Ottawa. Anyway, all depends if I like it or not.

    But FSD is mixte, not separated like them. That's why I believe it's fair. They show also quality. Do you think FSD an Therien would become a center too?

    I don't see the prize of Shaolin Kung-fu: http://www.shaolincentre.com/

    That's another center.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T.
    As for serious students, for the first three months, they make you do the horse stance for up to an hour each class. Lucky for me, since it wasn't a regular class, I didn't have to go through that. This was their way of weeding out the lazy or non committed students.
    Omg! Really??? I love horse stance! Nice. Which website is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T.
    As for the cage that FSD has now, if you flip it to its side, doesn't it look like a big hamster wheel or guinea pig wheel?
    Ha ha..very funny.


    Well, I've been sitting around like a duck. My ass hurt but I finished my work at the same time.

    I'll be back.
    Last edited by LadyPhoenix; 12/16/2007 3:58am at .
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,803

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 10:57am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    You know that this is another topic. If you want to understand why I said that Kung-fu is expensive compared to others dojo's, I would happily to talk about it with you.
    Then why did you bring it up?
    Actually, it isn't a different topic. You are using it as an excuse to say FSD charges are okay. It is on topic because, I'm using it to prove there is no excuse for outrageous charges.

    Because overall, it depends on schools. I'm simply saying that Kung-Fu have always cost a lot. Which means, over 100$ per month. ALways over 100$ per months. Stable kind.
    Nope not true. Many Kung fu schools I know charge 50-80 bucks a month many of which have no hidden fees. They are stable.
    I know there are schools who charge more than that. It depends on country, it depends how much the instruction think it's worth, how expensive goods and services are in that area, etc.
    Shut up. Like I said you know nothing.
    And thanks for saying that there is a school that charge ridiculous amount for one style. You just said it what I meant. Is it a good school?
    Learn how to read.

    I also said I ran a school that wasn't expensive so no it actually disproves your point. You said ALL. I had one that wasn't so unfortunately you lose that debate point. Are you really that dense? So I can say all Canadians are stupid because of the things you've said on this thread? That is exactly what you are doing All kung fu is expensive is not true. Even if it all was expensive it doesn't mean it is right.


    *sigh* Fake, that's really nice. Un vrai économiseur. If it's something that you're happy with, good. They are FSD students also are happy what FSD do. Perhaps, you can persuade them that there are better dojo's than the ridiculous amount that has Kung-Fu out there. That's preference.
    So? I see. So your argument is no one should complain? Is that what this boils down to in your mind.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/16/2007 1:55pm at .
  10. n00b is offline
    n00b's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    12/16/2007 11:05am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay guys, I love feeding the troll as much as anyone, and his/her participation is only helping prospective students make informed decisions, such as 'I will listen to the insane person'... but on a serious note:

    Everyone was trying to be nice to the Fangers Who Fought. And I am on record giving them their props (In particular Brian P, who I may not particularly be a huge fan of, but who definitely put his money where his mouth is and earned his Respeck).

    I have never got a real straight answer and if I just didn't read it well enough, well, my bad. To my reading, the Fangers who won their fights, did so on cardio. I think it WAS well documented that no 'kung fu moves' happened in the fights. My question is this: did any of the fighters show significant SKILL in their victories? A win is a win, and the fighters deserve their kudos, but does the ART take anything away from this other than 'station training will save you if the guy you are fighting gasses out before he destroys you' or is it 'crappy kickboxing FTW'?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.