Page 54 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354 5556575864104154 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:55pm

Style: It's complicated.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoah! Wait a minute!!! Is there a school in the Ottawa area that teaches Sanshou / Sanda?!?!?! Deets please!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:59pm

Style: It's complicated.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The scary thing about that movie link is that it looks super professional and the story sounds amazing. Really . . . think about it . . . if you weren't a member of Bullshido and had never heard of the FSD threads, wouldn't that movie sound super interesting? It does to me, anyway! So, if this movie actually happens and isn't super wack-looking in a "Canadian made-for-tv movie" kind of way, this might actually further FSD's bidness and attracts tons of new people to their schools. Eeeeeeeeenteresteeeeeng.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 1:25pm

Style: judo, parenting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    In all seriousness I have a question for you (Cdnronin) as you seem to have a good knowledge on martial arts in Ottawa. To your knowledge has there ever been any kind of 'underground' boxing/brawling events in the Ottawa area?
    Folks, I believe this is Andrew's nice way of saying"Cdnronin, you're old":XXhippylo
    I have not heard of an "underground" boxing/brawling circuit or event, but then we all know the first rule of Fight Club,"Don't talk about Fight Club until you get a movie deal."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 1:27pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keej613
    The scary thing about that movie link is that it looks super professional and the story sounds amazing. Really . . . think about it . . . if you weren't a member of Bullshido and had never heard of the FSD threads, wouldn't that movie sound super interesting? It does to me, anyway! So, if this movie actually happens and isn't super wack-looking in a "Canadian made-for-tv movie" kind of way, this might actually further FSD's bidness and attracts tons of new people to their schools. Eeeeeeeeenteresteeeeeng.
    It actually smacked of low-budget action flick with a nice sales ptich for investors. Though it looked graphically slick, this quote is really quite amazing:

Quote Originally Posted by Way of Survival Website
    Fight Club meets The Bruce Lee Story meets UFC
    Only a seven-toed banjo playing inbred thinks that's a good sales pitch or is even sensical. That's a pretty tough claim to make when there may not even be a script yet.

See the link about "investors". I wonder how much they are canvassing their students that have money for investment in this little flick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 1:35pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoah! Wait a minute!!! Is there a school in the Ottawa area that teaches Sanshou / Sanda?!?!?! Deets please!
    Apparantly FSD does.

http://www.fangshendo.com/classes/on...a_ontario.html

See the class schedule.

It looks like they've just re-named their sparring classes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 2:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you ever saw Van Damme movies in the 80's you've seen this one. I'm betting there's word-for-word duplications. Ever read JP's books?

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 2:26pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    If you ever saw Van Damme movies in the 80's you've seen this one. I'm betting there's word-for-word duplications. Ever read JP's books?
    Soo, yer saying this is the James Demille story, with a Canadian background?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 4:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    Soo, yer saying this is the James Demille story, with a Canadian background?
    Of course not, it's the 'Kickboxer' story, I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 10:30pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I told you jp was KrAzY! And the wifey, she's the one who ties him up a night, right? (I always have to get rope work in) ;)

Old1o1
    Psychotic Xpert

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 12:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj/thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Apparantly FSD does.

http://www.fangshendo.com/classes/on...a_ontario.html

See the class schedule.

It looks like they've just re-named their sparring classes.
    what a great class schedule.. i love the class lengths.

15 min trial/VIP class LOL.. 30 mins of sparring? :o wow!

45 mins is the longest class.. impressive! the efficient training in FSD is remarkable.