Style
    Former FSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ
    Joining the WKF seems to show the FSD may be less insular than in the past - perhaps a comment from Sifu no BS might be more insightful than my speculation.
    I don't know this organization (though that isn't saying much). The fact that they allowed Fang Shen Do membership makes me question their integrity.

I wouldn't hold your breath about Stephane providing insight. IF he does show up again (:lurk: ), you can be sure it will be to spew more veiled threats, innuendo, half thruths, rage, and misleading statements. Insight is something that he seems to have a very short supply of, or at least will not share if he has any.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i notice that san shou is taught in at least 2 locations : gatineau and ottawa.

is there some kind of certification to teach sanda? or can anybody just teach?

Style
    MMA/BJJ/Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

San Shou...

San Shou was developed in the mid-20`s as part of Chinese Military academy training...basically contact kickboxing....although I doubt Cung Le (LOL) would describe what FSD does as anything like what he trains...

It`s likely FSd` s way of trying to stay away from MMA....terms and use it to stick to the 'Kung-Fu" thing...
    Trying to find a degree of legitamecy is what this is all about...a search on google does not affiliate FSD or their "masters and Sifoods" with any current San Shou Teams anywhere...

FSD`s people feel they do not have to justify any of their teaching or lineage in any way....hell they teach Yoga postures as well with no certification.....but they don`t call it yoga....

Until they compete in an "open" and "reputable" competition arena, they will continue to be a "my daddy can beat up your daddy, our style is better' system....

Style
    BJJ ultra-noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macte
    FSD`s people feel they do not have to justify any of their teaching or lineage in any way....hell they teach Yoga postures as well with no certification.....but they don`t call it yoga....
    I should check -- I do believe I saw the local FSD school was advertising yoga classes on a sign on their front door -- so in this case they *do* call it yoga.

Don't know who they have teaching it though.

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everyone, I found something very interesting today. I was trying to come up with a clever preamble to introduce this website but nothing seemed appropriate. I just want to say this will I'm sure produce a lot of humorous commentary but there is a serious side that I'll discuss later.

Check out http://www.wayofsurvival.com/

If the link doesn't work, copy it into your browser.

Style
    BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh god...

Style
    MMA/BJJ/Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

God...

:5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help: :5help:
    TKD black belt..save us with a smart off the cuff comment.........

Love the part about the "biker" gang....this must be the boom...Good Lord above.....

"The Horror" the Horror"...............

Style
    judo, parenting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it's no Kung Fu Love, but it will be a must see motion picture event.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    On a more serious note, this movie promises to contain a story where JP actually SEEKS OUT TRAINING because he's not good enough.

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    Word on the street is this film is "Oscar bait!"

In all seriousness I have a question for you (Cdnronin) as you seem to have a good knowledge on martial arts in Ottawa. To your knowledge has there ever been any kind of 'underground' boxing/brawling events in the Ottawa area?