Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 7:58pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Branwen,

Even allowing much generosity in the interpretations of your posts, you are not making sense. I will respond to one of your queries . . . about how to find out about JP's belts without having to steal them. Ask him to show you them and the certificates that should go along with them. If you are really feeling brave and adventurous ask him how many direct training hours he put in with his teachers for each of his alleged belts. That is the easist and most direct way of finding the answer to this question instead of ranting in some semi-understandable babble that has nothing to do with English being a second language for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    branwen
    you are derailing this thread.
    among your rants, you write as if we are very biased against FSD. if you properly read the previous posts, you'll notice that people have given props to FSD when they thought that they were due.

and remember, many of us here have had FSD training and direct experience. not sure from where you draw your conclusions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 9:23pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwen
    Please dude, Press can be wack. -Karate do- exist! But you all say Karate.
    Hrm -- actually Wing Chun Do is Demille's interpretation of classical wing chun. It's not just another way of saying Wing Chun. Ask any chunners if Demille's Wing Chun Do is really Wing Chun and come back with the response.

Sijo earned black belts because I believe it's true with the supports of some evidence in my eyes and what others says as YOU believe it's false.
    So, it's true because you believe it's true and you've seen some evidence. Please elaborate. If there is credible evidence, I would have hoped that it would come to light earlier. It really would dismiss much of the arguments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Under deeper consideration, if Bruce Lee modified Wing Chun without learning the entire system and then James Demile modified Bruce's system and called it Wing Chun Do, why can't JP modify Wing Chun Do without learning it all and call it Fang Shen Do? It seems perfectly legitimate based on these precedents! I apologize to JP and to FSD!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 10:09pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

sos

It is a sad fact to most FSD/Modern Chunners that Lee had thrown away most of his chunner techniques in favor of Western Boxing/Muay Thai Boxing(Knees/elbows/kicks, and the bit of judo he learned from Le Bell and Hayward Nishioka....
    They all want the "wasaaahhhhh" and FSD all believe that they have the "superior" system...they always will....and for cripes sake stop calling them Sifu`s.....holy crap.......on top of all of that Demile, had 32 lessons with Lee prior to them having a falling out......he picked (Demile) the pieces up to create his own JKD....so FSD was born to crash........I mean hell, how would you like to find out your BJJ coach had 32 lessons to get his black...(although that does`nt happen..why?) because he had to roll with many people better than him and bust his ass to get the damn BJJ ranking....not buy it from thin air.....:wave:
    So how many hours did JP log with Demile.?.........downward slideeeeeeeee........
    Last edited by Macte; 11/20/2007 10:11pm at . Reason: typo shmypo

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 1:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sometimes, when someone start to say such things, I started to think about it and look for a reason why people said that. There were always three reasons behind my head and once the others negatives-sockpuppets talked against FSDs questioning (I mean, you guys), it made me see clearer. Sifu Stephane posts and their website just said my reasons without even -me- telling them. It's fucking clear.

Branwen
    Well, finally!
    I'm glad this is clear for someone at least!
    It's not clear for me, that's for sure.

For example: I was wondering if someone from Fang Shen Do
    could help me with something. About halfway down the page on the fsd
    website there's an anouncement that the fsd and therien organisations have
    jointly opened up a new school.

It says:

"Try one class and you'll see the wealth of knowledge these 2 schools have accumulated over the past 30 years.
    You'll also understand why they are both highly respected in martial art circles around the world."

See, here's where I'm unclear:
    I found some good stuff about the Therien school (especially Jean-Yves Thériault!)
    but I'm still looking for anything positive regarding fang shen do besides
    the occasional post by an fsd student or from fsd itself.

I mean, if it's "...highly respected in martial arts circles around the world..."
    there MUST be a lot of comments reflecting this repect, right?

...right?

OK, could ANYONE tell me which "...martial arts circles..." the site is talking about?
    They ARE referring to real martial arts circles, not imaginary ones, right?
    I mean actual names, or websites, or articles...or anything..?

Sure would appreciate it!

Regards,
    JackBurton

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 3:32pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

..Newsflash

This just in, imaginary crop circles in the form of dragon heads have begun to pop up all over Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec, mysteriously these circles are accompanied by leaflets that have been found nearby containing grandious statements, talk of firewalking, how to unleash the inner beast inside us all, and it promises to teach the coveted "family... dirty fighting secrets".......and the catcher is that the leader....admits to creating his own martial art..........
    Is this what martial arts "circle`s" they mean????
    :occasion1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2007 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    no gears... though groin protectors were encouraged. (though i have crappled with the headgear and the kempo gloves, this is when stand up and grappling were both allowed. i'll just stick with the grappling stuff for now). so basically it was no gi.

during the course of my FSD years (2 years) i learned to :

triangle (one assistant said that it was a trapping/immobilizing technique, but the sifu knew it was a choke)

guillotine, the standing and from the guard.

oh and sprawls! the sifu, as an avid MMA fan, did make us drill sprawl quite often. this was a good thing and it served me well at bjj.

didn't learn key lock/kimura per se, but i think the sifu would have known them. didn't learn omoplata.

unfortunately ì was never shown how to pass a guard, how to upa nor to shrimp... and no sweeps.

i never rolled with the sifu, though i think he did with some other students. in fact, i remember him dominating a guy with a boxing background while doing stand up + grappling.
    fanger123

See jps source for most of the above mentioned techniques.
    "Tao of Jeet Kun Do by Bruce Lee".
    Really, jp has no shame. Please note how much of this book seafood borrowed, how jps list seems to match most items with regards to grappling,holds and chokes.

The "rolling" fsd does is against all odds of WC rolling( rolling is such a bad description either way). When a fsd'er tries their version with a WC'er all the differences become apparent. fsd'ers tend to compete rather than use it as an exercise. Fsd'er "load" forward which get them smacked and pulled around. Fsd'er have no sense of footwork, they use heavy arms and strength in an exercise that is meant to develop sensitivity (one objective of many) so they are easy to read. They over commit and end up going off in one direction rather than following the partner in the drill/exercise. I could go on, but again, Demile taught him that this is a "better" way, completely ignorant of the purposes of the drill/exercise.

jps behaviour reminds of this little piece called "The Toddler's Creed":

If I want it, it's mine.
    If I give it to you and then change my mind, it's mine.
    If I can take it away from you by force, it's mine.
    If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
    If we are playing with something together, then all the pieces are mine.
    If it looks like the one I used to own or have at home, it's mine.

What do you all think?

Old1o1
    I Own a Pissy Looking First Printing of The Tao of JKD (but the wheels fell off.)
    ps. from first hand experience jp rolls like a freight truck and gets punchy almost immediately and invents reasons for the "forward loading". He also gets upset a tai chi push hands. It was tai chi for christs sake.
    Last edited by old1o1; 11/22/2007 10:30am at . Reason: Spellinging errrs

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2007 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    old101
    so you actually rolled/sparred/trained with sJP?

also i don't know what taichi push hands are... somekinda chi sau-esque drill?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2007 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNBS

When is the self-published FSD book coming out? You know, the one that will reveal all.