Page 48 of 223 FirstFirst ... 384445464748 495051525898148 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 1:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    A couple of other things I'd be interested in (as I've had my BBC tunic ripped during sparring more than once, a VERY impractical outfit for real fighting) What gear did you wear? I assume you were taught some moves, can you list any? Typical armbar, americana, kimura stuff, or anything more esoteric? Did Sifus ever roll with students?
    no gears... though groin protectors were encouraged. (though i have crappled with the headgear and the kempo gloves, this is when stand up and grappling were both allowed. i'll just stick with the grappling stuff for now). so basically it was no gi.

during the course of my FSD years (2 years) i learned to :

triangle (one assistant said that it was a trapping/immobilizing technique, but the sifu knew it was a choke)

arm bar from guard (very very bad technique as i now realize from months of BJJ. the sifu was immensely strong and had long legs so he could pull off against a feeble non resisting 150 pounders, but the technique was very bad. no proper trapping of the arm nor proper hip movement)

various RNC. unfortunately it was encouraged to choke with the forearm. so it was not a proper blood cutting, but rather a crushing of the wind pipe. though dangerous and not cool to use in sparring with a buddy, i think it may have some value if you really want to maim someone or make someone tap fast.

knee bars. as a whitey bjj, i hate knee bars and i don't know how to apply it, so i can't comment on the way it was taught. it was thankfully encouraged to drill it slow.

strainght ankle lock (ie achilles lock). since the sifu had rock forearms, he could tap ppl fast by crushing the calf MUSCLE and not the actual achille's tendon. so it didn't work as well when we tried on each other with our puny forearms.

heel hooks. see knee bar comments.

guillotine, the standing and from the guard.

oh and sprawls! the sifu, as an avid MMA fan, did make us drill sprawl quite often. this was a good thing and it served me well at bjj.

didn't learn key lock/kimura per se, but i think the sifu would have known them. didn't learn omoplata.

unfortunately ́ was never shown how to pass a guard, how to upa nor to shrimp... and no sweeps.

i never rolled with the sifu, though i think he did with some other students. in fact, i remember him dominating a guy with a boxing background while doing stand up + grappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and various pain methods were encouraged... digging the elbow, standing leg lock(achille's) while stepping on the inner thigh of the other leg (this one hurts like a !"/%)*!%)

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 2:00pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    we'd sometimes roll for 5-10 mins near the end of the seminar. because of the lack of mats, we'd often end up on the hard floor, which bruised me up quite a lot. but this is tolerable, i think.
    If the idea is that the system is supposed to be preparing you for "the street", maybe this is supposed to be simulating street conditions.

the stupidest sparring was when fangers would gather with kicking shields around 2 ppl who were rolling (making an impromptu ring). should the sparring couple roll near the edge of this "ring", the fangers with kicking shields would push them back in or smack them with the shields.

i really don't know what this was suppposed to achieve. to prepare for the streets?
    I remember a drill similar to what you describe. I think it was called "Red Light" or something like that. The difference in the drill is that it was only one person in the middle. All the people with the shields beat on the guy in the middle. The guy in the middle was supposed to fight his way out of the circle and/or survive for a pre-determined period of time. It was a VERY original concept (Bull-in-the-ring anyone?).

Stephane - There is another question for you. What was achieved by having the people with the kicking sheilds push the sparring partners back in the centre of the ring?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 3:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think it was a drill to build "toughness".

another one was called the gauntlet. you had to go through a row of fangers with kicking shields. they could shove you back and stuff.

a demo of this was in the training camp promo vid... but it's not online anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 4:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think it was a drill to build "toughness".

another one was called the gauntlet. you had to go through a row of fangers with kicking shields. they could shove you back and stuff.

a demo of this was in the training camp promo vid... but it's not online anymore.
    I loved the gauntlet. Saw some awesome injuries sustained during it, too, but I just got knocked on my ass by Scott a couple of times. That was fun!

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 4:29pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yo.

I'm the lurker for about a year around here, I'm a warrior internet and euh...I'm a sockpuppet too.

When Sifu Stephane wrote here, I was wondering why in the hell he was still replying you guys here. More he wrote, more I discovered things that made sense. I was lurking because FSD's organization is different from the others "dojos" and there's some mysterious about it so I eventually got curious, and started reading until now.

Sifu Stephane shouldn't be even responding you. He's trying hard for nothing. Certification? Liars? Sijo is a fake? Money grabbers? Their techniques sucks? Bunch of manipulators and blablablabla?

Sometimes, when someone start to say such things, I started to think about it and look for a reason why people said that. There were always three reasons behind my head and once the others negatives-sockpuppets talked against FSDs questioning (I mean, you guys), it made me see clearer. Sifu Stephane posts and their website just said my reasons without even -me- telling them. It's fucking clear.

On the contrary, I understand you guys. I've been there...like all you guys said and were trying to convince the supported FSD's sockpuppets that FSDs ways are fakes. It's completely opposite of mine.

Tom Kagan should post all the questions he wrote for Sifu Stephane here. I mean, since Sifu is not getting all the questions what Tom have sent then why not here? He is responding here! Better now than too late. It should have been done a long time ago.

Like that, Sifu and you, bunch of whiners, can have their both ways...not completely or satisfying but it's neutral.

But you see...perhaps for now it's questionable their ways, I can see where you're coming from but definitely in the end, in the end...it will be a waste of time and you guys know it. FSD will not give up, they are growing and perhaps getting innocent "warriors" (such as they call) to help FSD to evolve. Manipulator suckers? Yeah, perhaps they are but if I have to distinguish bad and good manipulators, I would say good.

Why you guys don't act instead complaining here or looking some BAD informations about FSD? What will you gain for doing that? Is it really working what you guys are doing? For months, I've read here and it isn't working. Maybe some had doubts and they left but that was just minimum.

Some of you pretend to help them to go in right direction, right? Bunch of hyprocrites! So it means that if they go in the RIGHT direction, you will forgive them and you will forget all the "fakes" they were?

IF you oh-so- believe they are fakes and you have PASSION to destroy FSD, ACT ****! Regroup, talk to some judge for justice! INvestigate as a spy! Record what they say! They are FAKES for God sake!! Help the INOCENT!! Sifu Martin is a Dark vader! Someone be a Obi-Wan Kenobi BURN THE FSD's schools!! :qright7: MUAHAHAHAHAHA! I encourage youuuuu. ACT ACT! Why here??

:laughing5

I don't understand why we should be afraid of them. They are teddy bears! (Sorry Sifu, I didn't mean to ruin your reputation by saying that...) Maybe they have great tempers and very expressive but that's just normal. ok, not normal but it makes them human!

Sijo's certifications are fakes? I believe all it started when James Demile didn't like Sijo Jack Patenaude. I don't know their stories but I think Demile should said that publicity and not in some letters from a guy who retrieve it. Maybe THAT it's a fake. You trust that guy because of a best friend of a friend of a friend of friend? Yeah sure...

:munky2:

Branwen

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwen

Sijo's certifications are fakes? I believe all it started when James Demile didn't like Sijo Jack Patenaude. I don't know their stories but I think Demile should said that publicity and not in some letters from a guy who retrieve it. Maybe THAT it's a fake. You trust that guy because of a best friend of a friend of a friend of friend? Yeah sure...
    So you are saying you DO think SIjo JP has earned at least one black belt from a martial art before 'inventing' FSD? What art is it in?

Or is this question too hard for you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 9:27pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Branwen, why do you speak English like the 'Mongo' character in 'Blazing Saddles'?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 9:54pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwen
    Please see the following link.

http://web.archive.org/web/199802070...m/wcdinst.html

Also quoted here for quick reference.

Quote Originally Posted by WCD website in 1998
    Jacques Patenaude -(DISCLAIMER) Attended a two week basic instructors program in 1979 in Sedro Wooley, Washington. Attended a few weekend training seminars. Did not train past the basics. Made a copy of WCD training notes without permission and was allowed to keep them with the promise he would not publish them in any form. He abused the agreement by publishing articles from the notes on the WCD wooden dummy training, Phon Sao and made a video on Closing the Gap techniques in WCD. The tape is an embarassment to the WCD system since the techniques shown were not only incorrect, but poorly done. Jacques was not authorized to award rank past the grey basic level but went on to award Black Belts for technique that had nothing whatever to do with Wing Chun Do. He was instructed to stop using the name WCD in his teaching. He changed his style's name but still says it is from Modern WCD, which is grossly misleading. We did not know what Jacques teaches as of Jan. 96, but it has no relationship to the Wing Chun Do system that is recognized around the world for simplicity, efficiency and practicality.
    Here we have WCD's own website, not some friend of a friend of a friend.

To follow nOOb's point, look at the biography from Trafford Press back in Askari's post on page 46. Notice, Wing Chun Do isn't listed? But Wing Chun is. Remember Wing Chun Do != Wing Chun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 11:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    To follow nOOb's point, look at the biography from Trafford Press back in Askari's post on page 46. Notice, Wing Chun Do isn't listed? But Wing Chun is. Remember Wing Chun Do != Wing Chun.
    I don't think it's THAT incredible that a 'grandmaster' might be expected to have earned a single black belt SOMEWHERE. I mean come on, it takes almost no effort to pick up a quick TKD Black Belt, right? Or if not, then I'd expect some method of proving his art's usefulness in some kind of competition, ANY KIND of competition.

I was fully capable of beating up drunken attackers with no skill BEFORE I ever saw a Fang logo, so the idea that a Sifu in his late 20's in top physical shape might win 'a few scraps' isn't exactly making me feel super confident in the Sifu's techniques. And I don't say this to be mean, honestly I don't.