Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2222
Page 222 of 223 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222 223 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last question. Was your partners franchise fee refund?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2014 11:45am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1 View Post
    One reason???

That's reason #1

Blaming any of 4 partners (s**u no bs's partners at that) for not doing what's needed. I assume s**u no bs was also not willing to do what was needed to be done.

That's reason #2

Reason #3

It would be interesting to see if the landlord says the same thing(s).

--- And ----

Reason #4. Another question for the landlord.

-----------

Definitely a midnight move, a cut and run, a surprise-surprise. Good business, let alone plain decency, would suggest that perhaps a phone call to members in advance of the closing would have been more appropriate. Even a post on the "FSD Kanata Blog & News". Not that I'm telling fsd how to do things... Well, yeah. I am telling you how to do things with a little character and respect.

What a coincidence! What are the odds? Well, I hope you enjoyed the surprise!

It matters when members looking for instruction are given the GIN recruitment pitch.

As for fsd being a "real" martial art; the deal has always been "prove your credentials". Misrepresentation, fibs, exaggerations, empty promises, extra charges, that's pretty much been the issue with fsd. fsd says "ask!"; we did, and we got nothing. Questions were never answered here in the forums, and questions were never answered when asked in person.

I'd be happy if you would answer any of the previous questions put to you.

Well, it's nice to hear that business is going well for you. Keep up the good work! Gotta go!

Old1o1

Anybody want to join my new RYE club??
    WHAAAAT! The patenaudes wanting to collect the money without doing the work! SHOCKING! In the history of FSD or this thread, the patenaudes NEVER asked for free help, labor in honour of JP or any other high ranking sifu. NEVER HAPPENED! LOL!

That's what they are known for! HA!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2014 7:33am

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    9/10/2014 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His sentence was kept below 20 years because nobody was ruined by his book scam. Is he ever going to be charged for those he ruined through GIN?

Posted On:
    9/10/2014 6:02pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Is he ever going to be charged for those he ruined through GIN?
    Good question. I wonder if it managed to continue? I remember Patenaude the Elder and a group of others were committed to keeping it going.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2014 9:40pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By all accounts it appears to be a going concern.
    https://www.globalinformationnetwork.com/

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    9/11/2014 4:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    By all accounts it appears to be a going concern.
    https://www.globalinformationnetwork.com/
    How hard is it to prove that thing was a pyramid scheme? The only service or product it offered was inclusion and "success secrets", and money was made off of multi-leveled recruitment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2014 11:21pm

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is more than enough easily available information on the web that clearly describes the scam. It's a pyramid and it's nothing new: the only way to make money is by signing people up and growing your downline. At some point you have to let the stupid people learn their own lessons.

What may be less easy to forgive is the apparent forcing of jp's students to join.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2014 11:54am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by used2b View Post
    There is more than enough easily available information on the web that clearly describes the scam. It's a pyramid and it's nothing new: the only way to make money is by signing people up and growing your downline. At some point you have to let the stupid people learn their own lessons.

What may be less easy to forgive is the apparent forcing of jp's students to join.
    IF you check out this link about the Gin Speakers & Trainers. https://www.globalinformationnetwork.com/faculty/

JP is one of them.

Really I don't have an issue with him guest speaking, if he's good at it and people are willing to pay for it, then that's their thing.

For me, I asked myself why would a grandmaster have a martial arts organization that associates itself to an organization like GIN? Fraudsters. I heard that he even thanks Trudeau in one of his books! Really?

And the only thing that I can come up with is:

You have a loyal audience, aka: FSD Students. Some who are so blinded by this that they will do whatever JP says. It's the FSD gospel.

Greed. Money is not bad, but at what expense. When you have average joe coming off the street and wants to learn martial arts and doesn't know better and meets this fabricated master, who is made to be larger than life in the FSD World, it can be quite convincing. The FSD culture is like this. Then where does the martial arts come in play?

It loses it's value, which is what this forum and many just like it have been always asking. Lineage, proof on claims, achievements or certification, etc... Just prove everything that you state and forums like this would never hold water.

There is former students who have come on this forum and mentioned that when they trained at a FSD school, the owner, instructor or one of the Patenaudes themselves approached them to join GIN. This is where I think they crossed the line.

GIN and FSD should be two distinct things, completely separate from each other. But they are not. They are one of the same.

Don't take advantage of your loyal students to make them buy into schemes like this. That's not what martial arts is all about. That's not what a true master should be promoting. Then step away from FSD, put your ego aside, let your sons, and the next generation of instructors take over the FSD organization. Ban all GIN activities from FSD or any other schemes, cons or plans on milking money from your students and their friends and families. Make your organization legit on all levels!

It's time for the old man to step down and let his sons take over. But we all know that won't happen, his ego is WAY TO BIG for that.

I wonder if there is an internal struggle with the sons or other high level instructors when it comes to GIN and/or FSD in general. There is some good instructors there, who might want to take FSD on the legit road to martial arts. Martin, Patrick and Stephane are good instructors and had success in the MMA communities with their fighters. Let them come to the front of the class. Let their voices be heard. And even a bigger thing, is there any other non patenaude instructor that can be good? Cause it's always been a patenaude love fest. Why are you playing second fiddle to theses guys? A true master let's his students and instructor shine, it's always about the patenaudes. Nobody else.

I have not been to a GIN seminar where JP has spoken, but I wonder how people would react if he would tell them that his success has been on the back of students and that without them buying into this crap, he would not be where he is today.

But this is not the first time, FSD/JP have done or pulled stuff like this. Is it?

Anyone form this forum, can you recall from your experiences, if the patenaudes tried stuff like this with another scam before?
    Last edited by cheetah2000; 9/12/2014 12:30pm at .

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    9/12/2014 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don Lapre committed suicide while in federal custody awaiting trial for 41 counts including of fraud etc for doing the EXACT same ****.

Who's next?