Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2013 5:24pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSDDEFENDER View Post
    "It would be like attending a few jiu jitsu seminars, being a white belt and now saying that you can teach this in your school, but not only that, but in all the location"

or attending a few james de mile seminars and... oh wait...

but why is bullshido not first on google for fangshendo anymore?
    Well maybe we don't have enough people on this forum commenting on how they are.

If you notice they have bombarded the net and google with all theses pages and links to lower bullshido. JP must be happy, BUT: if you check on the bottom of the first page, I notice that Fang Shen Do sordid history and Fang Shen Do bullshido is still there. I don't think they can do anything with that, I believe that google control.

They also paid for google ads and reviews, and if you read the reviews, it's a joke. You can obviously tell that the patenaude, got themselves or instructors or cool-aid drinking students to post positive comments, as "A Google User"

But that didn't stop some people to post comments like theses:

"First off, its very expensive. They charge more than double any other schools.The wing chun you learn is not authentic. I have trained with real wing chun masters , their system is missing many important aspects of kung-fu .their physical workouts are great,you will get in shape.But for the price they are asking its ridiculous.The lineage of the grand master has been is question for years. I have done the research. I will not go into detail about it ,but its something to look into. It feels more like a kickboxing class than kung fu.The facilities are nice,but that does not make a school.Try it for yourself, this is just my opinion."

Found it extremely commercialized. I expected to learn kung fu with the art and culture and language behind it - the way I have learned other forms of martial arts. This was more like a kickboxing class. Also expensive and not much personal attention.

So we have to stay alive on this forum, so that people know what they are getting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:14am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I did it. I read through the entire sad fucking thread. Over time they have gone through every single type of shitty martial arts school stereotype in existence. Ultra violent control-freak run fight club? Check! McDojo? Check? Cult? Check. At least Stephane got a happy ending by escaping and actually rebuilding his school into something I would be willing to attend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 10:48am

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rebuilt? How do you figure that?

Who gave stephane qualifications?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:49pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by used2b View Post
    Rebuilt? How do you figure that?

Who gave stephane qualifications?
    Remember earlier in the thread? I think it was in 2011 when he split off and went on to get some ATT qualifications.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:44pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Remember earlier in the thread? I think it was in 2011 when he split off and went on to get some ATT qualifications.
    Also, Stephane has been also, back and forth to ATT over the years now. Also every other month, if he's not at ATT, he brings in major MMA / BJJ Coaches to his club. Like Liborio, Marcus Da Matta, Renato Tavares, Conan Silveria, Katel Kubis, etc... to continue his personal growth, his students and the club.

Also, the Co-Head Coach is Denis Kang. A 3rd Degree BJJ Black Belt under Marcus Soares. And a high level MMA, as you guys might know.

After I left due to non-club related injuries, Coach Kang was moving to Ottawa, and now teaches 6 days a week.

So D'Amour has been really busy rebuilding himself and the club, since he has left. I still chat with him now and then, he is so happy he left.

I asked him, why has there been so many high level owners leaving the FSD organization, he told me that everyone has their own personal experiences and reasons why they left, but he felt trapped and depressed for many years until he found his window of opportunity to leave.

I wonder how many other FSD school owners are feeling trapped and haven't builded up the courage to leave yet. It would be interesting to know what's keeping them in?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 8:28am

Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys!!! (and gals!!) this is dated Jan 30, 2014!!!
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...n-behind-bars/

The club [GIN] was formed in the island nation of Nevis and had revenues in excess of $60 million over three years, according to accounting records filed in the case. Babenko had signatory authority on the club’s U.S. bank accounts, the records show.
    Since assuming management of the club, the receiver has laid off dozens of employees, cancelled a scheduled cruise ship convention and eliminated an “affiliate program” that rewarded members for bringing in new recruits.
    Trudeau had touted that program in another Internet video as one of the “greatest money-making opportunities of all time.”
    But the FTC argued it was an illegal pyramid scheme, and that GIN was simply another of Trudeau’s crafty attempts to keep assets away from the government.
    In court today, the judge denied a motion to intervene in the case brought by two-dozen members of GIN who had accused the receiver of “draining and diverting” the organization’s resources to finance the receiver’s quest for Trudeau’s assets to pay off his debts.
    “It’s too late,” Gettleman said, before abruptly cutting off the group’s attorney.
    Membership in GIN, which peaked at about 20,000, has fallen precipitously since the receiver took control and now stands at 3,908, according to documents filed by the receiver this week. All references to Trudeau have been scrubbed from the group’s website, and the affiliate program has been discontinued. The receiver also informed the membership that the fabled “GIN Council” wasn’t real.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2014 12:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jp just won't let go. Check down at the bottom of the page (way down, near the very bottom):

http://erinyenzentrum.wordpress.com/...ues-patenaude/

Posted On:
    3/05/2014 2:49pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by used2b View Post
    jp just won't let go. Check down at the bottom of the page (way down, near the very bottom):

From a January 20, 2014 post (emphasis mine)
    One of the outcomes of our January 9th meeting was to endorse the formation of a new website devoted to bringing our Members and Associates together in unity and make a bid to buy the club. We hope this will be accomplished in the next seven days. To reiterate, in keeping with the positive energy and communicative style the LRT wishes to convey, we want to make information available to you as soon as beneficially possible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2014 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like KT's pals can't halt the sale:

http://www.law360.com/articles/51376...-7th-circ-says

Just wondering if they would be able to attract new members and keep the existing members paying their dues. Now that it's public that the "GIN Council" never existed and the TV-latenight-infomercial-scamartist KT is gone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 4:33pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kevin Trudeau's been sentenced to 10 years in prison!

Plus some stuff about the collapse of GIN.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/...bout-diet-book