230708 Bullies, 4181 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2225
Page 218 of 223 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218 219220221222 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2013 12:25am

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this an example of the secret information available to GIN members?

http://www.examiner.com/article/7-ca...-refund-scheme

I wonder if there were more that they haven't caught yet...

One of the accused, Kevin Cyster, can be seen in this GIN Newsletter (middle of page 6) as a new platinum affiliate:
    http://www.madero-internet-marketing...rt-files/m.pdf

And jp has a mention a bit further down in the same newsletter (top of page 11) as having given a seminar entitled, "Get Super Fit in Just Minutes a Day". Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like phon sao or maybe chi sao. I can't imagine what useful information you could learn in an initial 1-2 hour introduction. It would certainly seem impressive though.
    Last edited by used2b; 9/22/2013 12:49am at . Reason: added link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 1:23pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here we go again, so the FSD site, has just posted a youtube video by Martin P talking about teaching kids. And I can't believe the broad brush stroke he said about teaching kids.

So here it is, what I got from it:

First this is totally a promo video. You can tell this was prepared. But anyways.

So the guy T. Dale (Teran Dale, I think) don't know who this guy is. But maybe you guys can find out. Either way, you can tell he was following scripted questions.

Right of the bat, Martin P. is asked what is the difference between karate and kung-fu? Fair question, he handles it in a political way. But knowing that the interview is about teaching kids, he goes on a rant about the quality of instructors and the school environment. The irony here is incredible, cause that has been FSD's thing over the years about their quality of teaching / lineage and the intimidation / bullying environment that they have with their students. Or when a student/parent doesn't by in into more expensive programs (BBC, other memberships or EVEN GIN, yikes!), how they become outcasts and set aside in the club. It's funny to see this, especially when at the end of the video they briefly talk about bullying. Ha, the irony is too funny.

Anyways, back to the topic of his rant. He says that his instructors goes through a rigid training program He says IN HIS OWN OPINION, that the instructors that pretend to know on how to teach kids, when he has none, he would rather have an instructor "who has been there, done that"

Wow, that a very broad brush stroke. It is his opinion and preference. But I see a duality or contradiction in that opinion.

So what happen to the FSD instructor who has no kids, are they looked at by Martin P as a lesser instructor to teach kids? Don't forget he stated his preference/opinion.

Here is another question, but if their rigid instructor program is that good, why would it matter then. I wonder how the young instructors who have no kids feel about that statement. Hmmm. Here is another question, if you're instructor program is that good, parent or no parent, shouldn't you be good at training kids? Then MP opinion is not really solid. Don't you guy think so?

That's why there is teachers college in universities, imagine if we had to have a kid, to graduate to become a school teacher. It's his opinion, but wow.

Is there an instructor in Montreal that is not a parent who dominates the kids market and this is Martin P. way of taking a verbal jab at him? Hmmm.

If you want to reach even further, then what happens to the regular school teachers, who are career teachers, but have no kids, I'm pretty sure there is some teachers who are better at being role models then some of the parents. There is too many variables here, to make a public opinion like that. It's a fine line that MP is walking on. It's his opinion, he has a right, but as a head guy at FSD, I think you can keep that to yourself without insulting some of his instructors who are not parents, and instructors in the martial arts communities. I'm sure there would be a line up of instructors who would debate that opinion. But in the end it's his opinion.

If you are a parent and you want your child to learn martial arts, do you think MP's opinion is a valid one?

I think he's taking a jab at someone here. Is that typical Patenaude behavior?

Then, they go on with the interview, MP goes on how all the instructor's are black belts teaching the kids. Really! And almost all of them are parents right. Wow! Isn't that a stretch of the truth, cause he doesn't only say the head instructors but goes as far as saying the assistants. Wow. Unless their grading system has change, they advertised in the past that they didn't give belts away, they weren't a McDojo. That's a lot of black belts in the recent years. Hmmm, a little stretch of the truth????

Then when the interviewer asked about price, he doesn't give a solid answer, he goes on a rant, before giving theses numbers.

27/week + taxes + $149 registration

So that means as per MP roughly 122.04 per month + $149 the registration.

He says it's average, it don't know about that, does anyone else know about the prices in Montreal? And what about the other locations, does he hurt them by maybe over or under stating the prices. If I was a parent and another location is charging more for the same or less, I would feel I'm being cheated.

So how would you sum up the interview, and in your OPINION what did you think?

Here is the interview:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2013 8:53pm

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen these perform at LaRonde(6 flags theme park) a few years ago. Typical LARPers. They did a "stick fighting" demo which was some bastardized form of escrima. They armor during their demo and their sticks didn't even make contact. They are full of **** if they claim that 122$ per month is average in Montreal. Most places are between 70 and 90 a month. Judo is even cheaper at 30$.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 6:43am

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_wombat View Post
    I've seen these perform at LaRonde(6 flags theme park) a few years ago. Typical LARPers. They did a "stick fighting" demo which was some bastardized form of escrima. They armor during their demo and their sticks didn't even make contact. They are full of **** if they claim that 122$ per month is average in Montreal. Most places are between 70 and 90 a month. Judo is even cheaper at 30$.
    Hey Mortal, what's the general opinion in Montreal of FSD? Is it well known?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 7:00pm

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I saw their show it ws around 2006-2007 and I was still an impressionable teenager, around 14 at the time. Since I was a huge kung fu nutrider at the time I was was very impressed and thought they were legit. I remember the crows was just as impressed as I was. I begged my parents to let me try a class. Unfortunately, or rather, fortunately my parents couldn't afford the fees at the time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2013 9:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Guys, just wondering andrews and Mortal_wombat what you taught of the interview, please read my post. I wanted to get some of you guys opinion. Is this typical FSD interview, where they take indirect verbal jabs at people, avoid giving a straight answer to the membership questions, etc...

Thanks Mortal for comparing prices, so at some places they are almost double than the average. wow.

Hi Guys, just wondering andrews and Mortal_wombat what you taught of the interview, please read my post. I wanted to get some of you guys opinion. Is this typical FSD interview, where they take indirect verbal jabs at people, avoid giving a straight answer to the membership questions, etc...

Thanks Mortal for comparing prices, so at some places they are almost double than the average. wow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 2:07pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    Cheetah - I finally listened to the interview. I didn't hear anything too outrageous. I can see how someone might take issue with some things (like being a parent makes someone a better teacher) but all-in-all I see it as being a non-controversial interview.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2013 11:37am

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to wonder if jp is still having his schools push the ginshit. That scam seems like it's near finished - into Receivership: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/docum...sfromkevin.pdf

He does still have 4 DVD's for sale at the ginstore:
    http://www.theginstore.com/category_s/82.htm

It also appears that he got his "Level VI" graduation (not sure what that means in the ginworld, picture posted Nov1/13, or maybe that's just the label):
    http://www.patenaudegin.com/gallery-photos/
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page

I wonder if he'll continue paying the monthly fee in hopes that the ginshit keeps going.

How would you feel? Dropping hundreds of dollars per month - and for what: The right to suck other people into paying hundreds of dollars per month?

At some point you would have to realize it was all just a scam. But what about all people he sucked in? How do you get away from that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2013 4:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't be surprise, honestly would you be used2b. This is the same people who in the past have come up with a bunch of scams / angles / promotions, to get your money. What I always wonder is how the hell, can a student keep going back.

You see, it likes an abusive relationship, the person who is being abused doesn't realize it, until they figure it out by themselves (that takes awhile) or someone else helps them see the light that they are in a abusive relationship. So sites like this, allows them, hopefully see the light.

What's sad, is that this happens at all. It would be nice to know if they are still charging the students. Very sad.

Also, update, they are now promoting in Cornwall, Gi Grappling (WTF), "learn our mix of sambo, judo and jiu jitsu with Gi on." WTF!!!!

Who teaches that classes? Who is qualified to do so? But it's the patenaudes, they don't need any qualified instructor. They put it in the McDojo blender and frappe it and voila Gi Grappling. The questionable lineage continues.

Theses are the same people who said they would never grapple in pyjamas. But here they are wearing black belts in a Gi. WTF! Pure poo poo!

Comments please.

Posted On:
    12/08/2013 5:09pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by used2b View Post
    I wonder if he'll continue paying the monthly fee in hopes that the ginshit keeps going.
    Knowing that only the uppermost people in a pyramid scheme make any real moneyone wonders if they have contemplated just opening their own version of GIN, with the people they already have enrolled.