221280 Bullies, 4403 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2212
Page 214 of 222 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214 215216217218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 7:58pm

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by used2b View Post
    jp gave himself that red/gold sash. When I was in the club he wore a plain black sash and then black with some stripes (gold I think? It was some time ago). Then for a while I think he had a red/black sash, then maybe black gold? I don't remember exactly - it did change several times. For me he was sifu, after I left he became sijo, and now he calls himself sibok.

As far as I understand he is not actually accredited in ANY style except his own. Neither are his kids - he accredited them himself.

I'll say it again: Lineage is important and jp's schools have none.

Last I heard JP was still the sijo. Isnt sibok one of his children?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 8:30pm

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're probably right about that. I could never keep track. Maybe he was sifu, then sibok and now he's sijo.

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 10:28pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by used2b View Post
    You're probably right about that. I could never keep track. Maybe he was sifu, then sibok and now he's sijo.
    Unfortunately, the Patenaudes have their own ideas about how CMA ranks work. If used traditionally, sifu is the guy who taught you (your "father"). Sibok would be a teacher of the same student generation as your teacher (your "uncle"). Sijo is a founder of an art, usually legendary, and if actually a real person, deceased.

If memory serves, back when he was calling his stuff Modern Wing Chun and claiming to be high ranking in James DeMilles' organization, he claimed he had the rank of "sibok".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 1:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sijo-Jacques Patenaude
    Sibok-Martin Patenaude
    Sifu-Stéphane Patenaude
    Christine Patenaude.
    Marc Beauchamp
    Serge
    Scott
    Joël
    Alain
    ... And more I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 1:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and of course Sifu Patrick marcil

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 9:24pm

Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted the info below here on Bullshido back in 2009. I always believed it was bogus since there does not appear to be (or have ever been) an International WCD Association. This snippet was part of several other minor league/high school sports news flashes. eg. "Merivale High took the gold this weekend in volleyball......" I mention this because these sorts of stories were not the sort to be verified by a reporter or anyone else.

I found this in an article from the Ottawa Citizen dated April 27, 1990.

"Two decades of training has paid off for martial artist Jacques Patenaude, who became si-bok last month at a convention of the International Wing Chun Do Association in Seattle.

The title means he is senior to other instructors in the association."

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 12:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fang Shen Do ! What can I say...This school is all about money.It costs 2.300$ for a BBC membership as they call it.These special BBC classes are only twice a week at best. You really do not learn anything more in these classes. I had to write this review because I can t take anymore of this school.The Wing Chung in this system is next to nothing...nothing... They have taken out many important Wing Chung basics ,for the sake of saving time and giving more classes.The whole system is based on a fake grand master. I have seen for myself , Jacques Patenaude only completed a three week Wing Chung course then started his own system.He is a fake. Everything they do is to get more money...Before going to this school please google them ... You will see and read all of their sordid history. I could sit here and write for hours on why they are no good. Its 2013 ,look them up ,and you will see the info for yourself. I just had to put out a warning sign,so that you would not get ripped off like me. I will be making other posts with more detail,but for now just be warned.

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 1:19am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by martiallaw101 View Post
    Fang Shen Do ! What can I say...This school is all about money.It costs 2.300$ for a BBC membership as they call it.These special BBC classes are only twice a week at best. You really do not learn anything more in these classes. I had to write this review because I can t take anymore of this school.The Wing Chung in this system is next to nothing...nothing... They have taken out many important Wing Chung basics ,for the sake of saving time and giving more classes.The whole system is based on a fake grand master. I have seen for myself , Jacques Patenaude only completed a three week Wing Chung course then started his own system.He is a fake. Everything they do is to get more money...Before going to this school please google them ... You will see and read all of their sordid history. I could sit here and write for hours on why they are no good. Its 2013 ,look them up ,and you will see the info for yourself. I just had to put out a warning sign,so that you would not get ripped off like me. I will be making other posts with more detail,but for now just be warned.
    People have been warned. This whole thread is a warning. We don't need to "look them up", it's all right here. Did you just read the first three words in the title and decide to post? Because that is exactly what it looks like you have done. Some advice, read this whole thread. That's a start.

Some more advice, find a decent martial art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 1:44pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With all due respect to the "Pros" from fsd, participating in Hybrid Combat promotions makes them champion of nothing.

Hybrid Combat is an idea by Daniel Guillemette of Arts Martiaux Evolution in Gatineau, and Yohann Dagenais. Nowhere do they tout this event as "Professional".

"The company provides young athletes in the Outaouais region and surrounding area the opportunity to gain experience in MMA before starting their professional career all while being in a safe environment."
    ~Quote taken from Arts Maritiaux Evolution web site

There rule set is much different that typical Professional bouts.

If they have made a change to the status of their tournaments, I am unaware of it. I do know they are up to their 16th event, and that recent promotional posters have pictures with fighters and belts, yet there is no mention of the matches being professional.

Old1o1
    Thinking About Coming Out of Forum Retirement

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 10:03am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I have to say sorry to many of you. I think maybe you are right too...

I feel pretty dumb as for defending something without really knowing the whole story.