222510 Bullies, 3821 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2212
Page 211 of 222 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 2:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you look to the first martial arts expert he had no Sifu so then he is no good and all his students (that's everyone) too?

I know my Sifu makes me better. And Patenaudes is certified with Gokor for grappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 3:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You can see at the end the black belt Sibok has from Gokor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 3:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 4:21am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is FSD's relationship with Gokor? I tried doing a little research and all I've seen is that they made a DVD of when he taught a seminar for them. There's a few guys here who know him personally. I've met him a few times going to events at his gym. He hosts the Dog Brothers, but he's not actually involved in a teaching or certifying capacity, so it seems that he's just a martial arts fan, so I've kinda seen him as a diplomat, and it has me wondering how much he really does with FSD. I mean, I know he's plenty busy running a great gym (in North Hollywood) and training fighters etc.

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 10:17am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSDDEFENDER View Post
    If you look to the first martial arts expert he had no Sifu so then he is no good and all his students (that's everyone) too?
    Yes.

The gathering of knowledge about fighting is the same as with any other endevour - it accumulates. Some caveman figures out that hitting someone with a rock works better than hitting them with his fist. He passes that knowledge on to his fellows. Look at the development of stone tools - they start from a very crude beginning, and slowly the expertise grew as knowledge accumlated, until they were amazing tools, on a level of artwork.

So yes, if Patenaude was learning by dabbling with instructors like DeMille, or just plain making **** up, he is at a disadvantage because he has no access to that accumulation of knowledge.

I know my Sifu makes me better. And Patenaudes is certified with Gokor for grappling.
    Glad to hear it. Who taught them their weapons?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 12:32pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad it only took you an hour and twenty minutes for you to find your sense of humour! ;)

Old101
    Person of the Mourn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2013 1:20pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First things first - we've had several people on here defending FSD over the years but none have been as stupid and clownish as FSDDEFENDER. He (or she) is a troll. An 'anit-fsd' troll maybe but a troll nonetheless.

As far as Gokor goes, there have been several grappling/bjj tournaments in the Ottawa area and in Ontario in general. I would love to see some FSD'ers compete in these events, especially the Sifus!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2013 10:32am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    First things first - we've had several people on here defending FSD over the years but none have been as stupid and clownish as FSDDEFENDER. He (or she) is a troll. An 'anit-fsd' troll maybe but a troll nonetheless.

As far as Gokor goes, there have been several grappling/bjj tournaments in the Ottawa area and in Ontario in general. I would love to see some FSD'ers compete in these events, especially the Sifus!
    Morning, so I check this Gokor thing and Martin Patenaude's Black Belt from him as per Defender. This is what I found on Gokor site.

First this is the explanation of the association:

Welcome to Gokor Chivichyan and Gene LeBell's Hayastan Fighting System and Grappling World Association.
    This Association was founded to promote and accredit Official Ranking in the Hayastan Fighting System. All Members are able to test for rank in this system under Gokor and Gene or one of their Qualified Accredited Affiliate Instructors.
    Anyone may join this association and will have the opportunity to test for rank if they are training at an accredited facility or regularly attending Hayastan seminars and can meet the testing requirements.
    To view a list of members or accredited schools select a link below. If you would like to join this association then please click JOIN NOW.

Now go to the canada associates and find.

Martin Patenaude
    Level 0 - White Belt

So please explain to me FSDDEFENDER how legit is this black belt you mentioned. Do you think that Gokor who has credibility, would exposed himself to a black belt fraud. Come on, if he carries a black belt, its not from Gokor, it's bought, FSDDEFENDER, you can buy one too. Go online.

From what I see from the FSD Site, Gokor did two seminar, does that justify a black belt.

You see FSDDEFENDER, it's the false claims that make this forum, brewing. And FSD has one of the most or the most thread pages here. There is a reason for that.

It comes back making things legit.

Show your cards, your lineage, etc...

If you have aligned yourself with Gokor, that's great, but enjoy the process, be honest with your students and the community.

Theses false certificates and black belts just simply make theses forums right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why it says he is white belt. Maybe it's not update. Maybe he's not black belt. It is very confusing.

And why my Sifu is not on that list too?

I know just that especially the school in Gatineau with Sifu pat. They must be very good to and as you say good lineage because they win all the belts in hybrid mma. Even pro fighters are coming from there.

So maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 10:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But look in YouTube video of Gokor and FSD. Sibok has black belt!

I don't think Gokor would let him wear one if he wasn't one no?

Why I can't post the video?