224664 Bullies, 3690 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2222
Page 206 of 223 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2012 9:17pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mongeon won his pro debut on the Instinct card (aka the card that was supposed to have that rapist guy on it) . I am sure FSD will take all the credit. Regardless , good on him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 1:29pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think so also. From what have been said, they will take all the credit without giving props to that school where this young man trains in bjj. And I'm pretty sure, he is restricted to speak of it also. A shame. You see for them to actually declare that one of their fighters is training elsewhere to complete his mma training, would be a blow to them and their whole marketing scheme, that they are the end all and be all of martial arts. What do you guys think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 1:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Canada's First Mixed Martial Arts School! Really

OMG, I've never noticed this, but the FSD site, I don't know what you call it, page header or what, it says: "Canada's First Mixed Martial Arts School" Really! Man, I can't believe the arrogance or the belief that they have, that some people out there truthfully believe that FSD is the First MMA School in Canada. Wow. Please anyone, who knows of any schools in Canada, established before 1979, that have been teaching several different arts in their system to come forward and put this flagrant lie to rest.:itsnotokay: Even better if they have been teaching the standard MA components of MMA: Stand Up and Ground fighting. Please use legit lineage schools. Cause then thats poo trying to prove poo is not right and won't prove the point we are making here. Happy research!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 6:26am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "Canada's First MMA School" issue was discussed a while back. Suffice to say that this is extremely dubious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 7:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So what did you guys come up with?

Cool, what schools did you guys come up with? That have been established longer than FSD and is creditable? Just have one school just once again proves their marketing lies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 7:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We never established who the "first" MMA school in Canada was. What we call "MMA" is the now familiar fighting we see in the UFC etc. It is not just a grab-bag of techniques from various styles thrown together which is what they (the FSD crowd) are referring to.

Thing is they never used this term (MMA) until fairly recently. If they were the first wouldn't they have used the term in say 2000? 2003?

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 8:51am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    Thing is they never used this term (MMA) until fairly recently. If they were the first wouldn't they have used the term in say 2000? 2003?
    And, in fact, they were very much dismissive of MMA (most particularly grappling) until recently.

Really, though, it's not a big surprise. It's in the same vein as when they touted their supposed lineage to BLee and James DeMile.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 6:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    And, in fact, they were very much dismissive of MMA (most particularly grappling) until recently.
    On that note...there have been a few grappling tournaments in Ottawa in the last year or two. Based on the competitor lists none of the FSD crowd has competed....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 10:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sorry catching up

Ok, sorry for the delay in response. With the comments of grappling, it made me think and I started to go through the past threads and stuff to figure the history of FSD. Cause I know of them only during the FSD years.

K, here is a quick summary:

JP said he trained under this Demile guy and received a Black Belt. Demile disclaims this and says that he was only certified to teach the basics. is this right? At that time, no internet, lineage only questioned by magazines and hear say. He promotes himself direct BL lineage.

Shady lineage#1

Then, JP leaves WCD, for reasons unknown become MWC.

Then the internet arrives, MWC and FSD is born.

Bullshido is born and questions comes up. Such as:

Lineage of WCD
    Questions of wear did they become certified in Kali
    Gym Stories and rumours.
    Their claims of being the greatest of all, blah blah blah
    etc...

So here is where my question comes up: Why doesn't he just simply come out and prove everything is wrong. He would definitely save face, wouldn't he. Sorry he might have done this before on this site. But I couldn't stay up all night reading, all of theses threads are mega threads. WOW!

He is an instructor and business man, FSD reputation is not the greatest. This would answer a lot of questions and have everyone move on. What is he afraid of? Or is it just known public knowledge that all this shady lineage and business ethics is true and the fear of coming out and loosing a lot of credibility would hurt to much to the organization.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 11:22am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys !

Long time lurker I have to admit.

Bullshido saved my wallet and my little girl from shoddy MA training.

Two years ago we spotted one of the schools in Laval and she went Ape **** lol She wanted to learn Kung Fu so bad but the school was quite far for us, so we put it off for a while. Well wouldn't you know, within weeks a location popped up within yards from the house. So I did what I do best and researched, googled and spoke to friends in the MA community. (Even sent them my info to set up a free trial, I never showed up though and they were quite persistent, 4 or 5 emails if I remember correctly ). Bullshido was one of the first results on Google when it comes to Fang Shen Do. So I started the week or so long read of everything you guys had on here at the time.

Long story short ( I imagine you guys get the gist of it by now ), I steered clear from that belt factory of a McDojo.

I wound up finding a great Kyokushin Karate Dojo near our home. She has been a student there for the past two years now and she's loving it. Anytime a 9 year old sticks to something for so long without loosing interest it means something.

Anyways thanks again to Bullshido and all you dedicated members. I can say i'm a richer man for finding this site. LOL