218358 Bullies, 7969 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2212
Page 205 of 222 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:59pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Semi-Pro? Really Come on Guys!

This is from their latest blog entry:

http://blog.fangshendo.com/?view=classic

Check out the Feb 17th entry:

Semi-Pro circuit! Hybrid MMA! Really come on guys! I have never heard of semi-pro mma. It's amateur or pro! That's it! Please don't get me wrong, it's great that there is Hybrid MMA here in the Ottawa Area. Naturally the patenaudes want to brag bigger and sucker in the poor naive person who has aspirations to become a professional fighter. EVEN on the Hybrid Combat Promotion website: http://www.hybridcombat.com/rules.html says that they are sanctioned by the quebec amateur boxing federation. If they are pro or even "semi-pro" as the patenaudes stated, Hybrid would lose their licence. I would be concerned if I was the promoters, that FSD posts stuff like this, other amateur organizations have had shows shut down for less stupid stuff. That would be too bad cause Hybrid MMA is a good local promotion. This is total BS on the patneaudes part to stretch to truth once again. This is what they do, they've done it in the past with their lineage and awards and they are doing it again. But now with the internet, people can research theses lies and sites like this, and bring the truth out.

Again, please don't take away from this young man who won the belt or his coaches who have trained him. He won, kudos. What the constant complaint that I have read here is that FSD stretches the truth and not swallowed some good old fashion humble pie.

This young man might go far, who knows, but as everyone knows bad management, publicity or anything else can ruin a fighter. It has happen before.

Ottawa is such a small MA community, that anything like this will make you look like a fool.

From everything that I have read here, FSD over the years have stretch the truth or plain out lied about things to add more fluff or credit to themselves to take advantage of the naive MA student, Thank god for the internet, buyer beware!

If they could only come clean with everything, websites like this wouldn't have mega threads about them.

BTW, Congrats to the young man, I was there, good fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 5:38pm

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you thought they couldnt sink any deeper, this.

http://vtele.ca/videos/c-est-extra/l...1411_41403.php

Every monday morning, at V-Tele (which is a big tv chain here in quebec) they have a self-defence sketch. Dafuq.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 2:40pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW, Cedric Mongeon ,the guy who won the belt( actually a lotta the crowd thought the other guy won) has trained in grappling (and i dunno what else) out of Evolution, which is actually a legit and very respected gym in the region . He should just leave FSD altogether and move on; he's got some raw talent that he is wasting with those dopes....
    Last edited by justsome; 3/09/2012 2:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:43am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG and the McDojo Continues! I cannot believe this link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GenerationGamingca

and

from bullshido site itself:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115865

I don't what he is saying much, but it seems that this guy is the founder of this style of combat combining FSD and this stuff. LMAO. I cannot believe this!!! Really are they sooooo money hungry that they need this. And who is this eli kid, in the video your clearly see the school phone number and FSD logo. I did my research and found out that it's the quebec school. OMG! I wonder what JP "all might GIN man" says about this? This represents him? really? from what is on this site and what I have heard he is a control freak, and he would allow this pure McDojo to happen, when in the past, he has been pegged as a massive McDojo School to begin with. This doesn't help his cause. What about other students and owners? What do they think about this? I would be completely embarrassed if I was them. And this is recent also, not like some instructor posted and FSD brass flipped out and said no way. HE POSTED YESTERDAY! They allow this doo doo to continue, OMG, what will they come up next? Fire Breathing, lol, that's a new one! LOL.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 10:18am

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lol'ed at this one. I trained with that woman, she's really in good shape for her age. She's clearly reading a text however.

http://www.learnkung-fu.com/st-jean/...chelinecoache/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justsome View Post
    FWIW, Cedric Mongeon ,the guy who won the belt( actually a lotta the crowd thought the other guy won) has trained in grappling (and i dunno what else) out of Evolution, which is actually a legit and very respected gym in the region . He should just leave FSD altogether and move on; he's got some raw talent that he is wasting with those dopes....
    UPDATE: Mongeon is taking his first pro scrap on the Instinct 4 card (yeah, the same company that uses that rapist guy Todd Stoute). Jens Pulver is fighting on the card too. I dunno; they have him fighting at 145 and i believe that's what he fights ammy at. If he gets a guy who cuts to that weight , he may get his **** pushed in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:48pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW, Cedric Mongeon ,the guy who won the belt has trained in grappling (and i dunno what else) out of Evolution, which is actually a legit and very respected gym in the region
    Hey Justsome I'm not doubting you here, but where is your info from?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That he trains there? or that the school is legit?
    I know a coupla cats who train out of there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 8:33pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That he trains there? or that the school is legit?
    I know a coupla cats who train out of there.
    That he trains there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from dudes who train there as well. it's a solid school.