218358 Bullies, 5263 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2212
Page 204 of 222 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 9:23pm

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    Hi Hadoken, I train at MMAFA, plus understand that Coach Steph is not with FSD anymore, I have been with him for a long time. There is Basic, BBC and Masters, I spoke to him, and he had no problems with me coming on here and telling you guys what it is about. He also mentioned that if you would like to call him or visit, please do. His door is always open.

Yesterday, we had a guy come in from Team Bullshido and roll with us, as well as a reporter was there also doing a feature on MMAFA. Coach told us it will be on the MMAFA page shortly as well as the reporter's FB page. I'll keep you posted on this anyways.

K, lets get down to the info you are looking for:

Steph explained to me that he has three different packages: BASIC, BBC and MASTERS.

BASIC: is $90 a month and gives the students BASIC MT / KICKBOXING.

BBC: is $40 dollars more a month, and this gives unlimited classes, as well as Wrestling twice a week (it's pretty cool, when Coach invites the guys/gals from the National Wrestling Team, coach tells us that we will get our bums put to the floor a lot but theses guys are pros at this, so who else to learn takedown defences from but theses guys) and No Gi BJJ with DENIS KANG! We also get discounts on seminars and equipment. (average discount about $20-40 range, so it pretty much covers the extra $10 a week, i think, but my math is not the best). I think training with Denis on a weekly basis is pretty sick and worth the extra $10 a week alone,but you be the judge.

MASTERS: is an additional $20 more a month and that gets you, everything from the above mentioned but also, the GI BJJ with DENIS KANG on a weekly basis and just recently added the advance mma & sparring with Coach Kang (2hours long) on Saturdays, and we get additional discount above the BBC, that about and additional $20 discount on average.

So overall I believe there is true value build into this. I remember when I was with the old program (FSD) and it wasn't like this at all.

Anyways, I think most clubs now have that format, of basic with add-ons. So I don't see a problem with this, especially when I get taught by Denis Kang 3 times a week and with Coach D'Amour also.

PS: I just wanted to mentioned, which I did in a previous post, I think? I taught is was really cool that Steph put on the BJJ White Belt for the Denis Kang BJJ GI Class and lined up with us. I taught that was cool. Yesterday when the reporters was there, he didn't shy away from it also when asked, he was proud to start as a white belt again in BJJ with Denis. He knew it was the right thing to do.

Overall, Steph a great guy, he's moved on, and I think your battles should be with FSD and not him. He is doing the right thing now training at ATT HQ regularly (Liborio was here last month, omg awesome seminar weekend) and having Denis on board full time.

Again if you have any other questions, please call him, he will be happy to explain. He has nothing to hide.
    Ask him if hes with the GIN.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 9:37pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, Steph laughed, "Absolutely Not!" and just shake his head. I told him about this before, and he's not surprised. He is glad he left before that stuff. BTW, I had a typo, it's Team BUSHIDO, Nabil's Club, and not Team BULLSHIDO, oops. Sorry, my bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 1:57am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who teaches muay thai there? I am totally impressed that a stud like Kang is there doing his thing. but i really really havent heard much as far as other instructors. Is Kang gonna be a partner in the place?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Justsome, Coach D'Amour teaches the Muay Thai / Kickboxing Class. We cover the ATT MT Curriculum in class. In the past two year we have had quite a good representation in MT Tournaments out of 12 fights, we only lost 3. That was also before Denis Kang, joined the Coaches Team full-time. Coach D'Amour had also brought in his MT Coach Katel Kubis, the main MT Coach at ATT at MMAFA last year to train us, which by the way was AWESOME! D'Amour goes back and forth to train at ATT and continue his training with all his coaches quite a bit. Also having Denis in house doesn't hurt also.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 3:59am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Fangers had their banner up this weekend at a show "Bruce Lee's Original Martial Art" or some hooey on it. I wonder if the estate of BL know this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 5:33pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justsome View Post
    The Fangers had their banner up this weekend at a show "Bruce Lee's Original Martial Art" or some hooey on it. I wonder if the estate of BL know this.
    They've been throwing the whole "Bruce Lee's original martial art" thing around for a long, long time now. As I recall they also used it on their website a few years ago as well. I don't see how the estate of BL could do anything. It's funny that at times they'll minimize the Bruce Lee/Demile connection to FSD and at other times wear it as a badge of honour.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Andrewa, please do not forget their website tag, which states "Canada's First Mixed Martial Arts School". REALLY! Prove it then JP, what they are stating, that no other schools until the Patenaude's that have mixed styles (such as striking of any kind, with a grappling style or anything else), come on! REALLY! The egos on theses people is just simply incredible! It's like Steven Seagal inventing the front kick. REALLY! If they had a little more humility, people might respond to them better, but over all theses threads I've read, it seems they just come up with new stuff everyday! What ever can sucker someone into buying, they'll say it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 8:47pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    Andrewa, please do not forget their website tag, which states "Canada's First Mixed Martial Arts School".
    I saw that too. It doesn't surprise me but it is very shameless on their part. I don't know what was the 'first' MMA school in Canada but I know it wasn't them. But on an optimistic note I'm sure the family members are all gearing up for their first MMA matches in the near future!!! ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 9:35am

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else hear Stephan this morning on CBC Radio One during Ottawa Morning, around 7:45am? He was talking about participating in MMA events, teaching MA to kids, fitness - I just caught the tail end of it.

Trying to see if I can find it online in the CBC.CA website.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 9:37am

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like it should be here, probably later today or tomorrow:

http://www.cbc.ca/ottawamorning/