232852 Bullies, 3910 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2230
Page 203 of 223 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 6:09pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    What I find concerning here (beyond coercing students to join) is the quasi - spiritual, almost 'occult' nature of this GIN program. I don't want to be too dramatic but it does seem to have these overtones. I'll try to do some more research here. But beyond the financial obligations what are the students being drawn into?
    That could be hard to figure out. A lot of these scams keep their cards close to the vest and if you want to learn more you'll have to pay for the seminars, books, etc and in order to get the REAL stuff you have to sign up full time. I wonder, how old is this GIN group? It may be possible to find some folks on the interwebs who've been through this and are trying to get the word out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 7:21pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I've been hitting Google pretty hard and it seems that the good people at GIN are out in front of the pack. Searching for anything related to GIN and scams brings you to their homepage or other pages on their site, articles on countless MLM sites and at least two web pages that simply scream planted. I'll keep searching, maybe I'll get lucky with different word combinations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 9:10pm

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post

What I find concerning here (beyond coercing students to join) is the quasi - spiritual, almost 'occult' nature of this GIN program. I don't want to be too dramatic but it does seem to have these overtones. I'll try to do some more research here. But beyond the financial obligations what are the students being drawn into?
    I was asked if I know about "The Secret" and the "Law of Attraction". Had no idea of what he was talking about but it had sect/pyramid/scam all over it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 10:27pm

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a decent description of the GIN, with details:
    http://bit.ly/gsA0ww
    A wee sample:
    "Finally, I will point out that in his More Natural ‘Cures’ Revealed book where he first claims he was a member of an elite secret society and offers cures for all kinds of diseases, on the page immediately following the Table of Contents, it actually has a page titled, “DISCLAIMER” and is followed by a paragraph reading in part, “This book is considered by some a work of fiction, yet inspired by a true story. The truth is sprinkled in to spice things up. On occasion, names, dates, and events have been changed or made up for fun.” It goes in to say the book is, “for entertainment purposes only.” (page vii) How clever of Trudeau for including this legal disclaimer which hardly anyone will even notice which attempts to protect him from the legal ramifications of the claims he is making. So if you believe Trudeau’s wild tales of attending Bilderberg meetings and being connected to the Illuminati, may I remind you that in his own words he admits that it is all for “entertainment purposes only.”

And the GIN is incorporated in Nevis West Indies to prevent legal actions against them. Why? Are they expecting something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 8:40am

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great work used2b!!! That link sums up everything anyone needs to know about the GIN (aka Global Information Network) and I suggest anyone interested should read it. As an aside Mark Dice, who wrote the article about GIN, is a well known expert in secret societies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 3:05pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMAFA Mcdojo

SO they now have a Black Belt Club! comments on this anyone who goes there?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 4:10pm

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
    SO they now have a Black Belt Club! comments on this anyone who goes there?

I used to be a fsd member.

BBC was there when I first joined in august and they didnt really push it on the "regular class" students. Its only after my girlfriend and I joined the BBC that they started to pressure other students to join.

Its 200$ for the BBC membership and 50$ a month for 6 months.

BBC classes were more interesting than regular classes for sure. There is kali handling, grappling and ufc-style techniques and sparring. Is it worth the price? Totally not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 4:16pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at Fang Sheen or MMAFA?
    coz MMAFA has that now too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 4:57pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Hadoken, I train at MMAFA, plus understand that Coach Steph is not with FSD anymore, I have been with him for a long time. There is Basic, BBC and Masters, I spoke to him, and he had no problems with me coming on here and telling you guys what it is about. He also mentioned that if you would like to call him or visit, please do. His door is always open.

Yesterday, we had a guy come in from Team Bullshido and roll with us, as well as a reporter was there also doing a feature on MMAFA. Coach told us it will be on the MMAFA page shortly as well as the reporter's FB page. I'll keep you posted on this anyways.

K, lets get down to the info you are looking for:

Steph explained to me that he has three different packages: BASIC, BBC and MASTERS.

BASIC: is $90 a month and gives the students BASIC MT / KICKBOXING.

BBC: is $40 dollars more a month, and this gives unlimited classes, as well as Wrestling twice a week (it's pretty cool, when Coach invites the guys/gals from the National Wrestling Team, coach tells us that we will get our bums put to the floor a lot but theses guys are pros at this, so who else to learn takedown defences from but theses guys) and No Gi BJJ with DENIS KANG! We also get discounts on seminars and equipment. (average discount about $20-40 range, so it pretty much covers the extra $10 a week, i think, but my math is not the best). I think training with Denis on a weekly basis is pretty sick and worth the extra $10 a week alone,but you be the judge.

MASTERS: is an additional $20 more a month and that gets you, everything from the above mentioned but also, the GI BJJ with DENIS KANG on a weekly basis and just recently added the advance mma & sparring with Coach Kang (2hours long) on Saturdays, and we get additional discount above the BBC, that about and additional $20 discount on average.

So overall I believe there is true value build into this. I remember when I was with the old program (FSD) and it wasn't like this at all.

Anyways, I think most clubs now have that format, of basic with add-ons. So I don't see a problem with this, especially when I get taught by Denis Kang 3 times a week and with Coach D'Amour also.

PS: I just wanted to mentioned, which I did in a previous post, I think? I taught is was really cool that Steph put on the BJJ White Belt for the Denis Kang BJJ GI Class and lined up with us. I taught that was cool. Yesterday when the reporters was there, he didn't shy away from it also when asked, he was proud to start as a white belt again in BJJ with Denis. He knew it was the right thing to do.

Overall, Steph a great guy, he's moved on, and I think your battles should be with FSD and not him. He is doing the right thing now training at ATT HQ regularly (Liborio was here last month, omg awesome seminar weekend) and having Denis on board full time.

Again if you have any other questions, please call him, he will be happy to explain. He has nothing to hide.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/05/2012 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    Yesterday, we had a guy come in from Team Bullshido and roll with us, as well as a reporter was there also doing a feature on MMAFA.
    Who was the Bullshido person?