Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 6:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fantastic, look forward to hearing more. This is an excellent contribiution to consumer awareness in martial arts. :)
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 7:48pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW, what an amazing story. Thank you for bringing this out into the light.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 12:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Up until I left about 1.5 years ago, they still taught the full nelson escape assuming the fingers would be interlaced. I had similar experiences with failing to correctly interlace my fingers. Not with the "Grandmaster", of course.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 12:36am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three questions:

1. Is everyone pretty well convinced that this guy is genuine? I'm still feeling a little skeptical. Nothing personal. I can easily imagine this guy being a much better version of "Mantis" from the Comba-Tai thread--a guy who shows up to cheerlead and parrot what he thinks Bullshido wants to hear, then turns and tries to get everyone to turn with him.

2. I don't see how it's possible to hide your identity if those stories are true. Patenaude would have to know who you are instantly.

3. Not really a question--don't totally discount Patenaude's story about the street guy masturbating on the wooden dummy. It's not exactly the same thing, but I worked at Best Buy for a couple of years not long ago and had to work two day-after-Thanksgiving sales. These are crazy days when thousands of people go through the store and the lines stretch all the way around the entire big-box building. Both years I worked, we found human feces in places like furniture displays on at least two days during the after-Thanksgiving week. This was considered normal. Again, not the same thing, but if you can imagine walking into Best Buy on the busiest day of the year, dropping trou and defecating on the carpet in the middle of an aisle, surely you can contemplate masturbating on a Wing Chun practice floor.

Seriously, you guys, I thought my life would turn out so differently than this. It's Friday night and I'm taking a break from pulling up carpet in the living room to post this crap.
    Where did my mom go wrong?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 12:40am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Where did my mom go wrong?
    IF only you joined the super secret crazy tuesday midnight workouts...

then you'd know.

I don't particularly care for the whole 'impressionable youth getting taken advantage of' angle, and not sure if it rings true or not, but I *totally* buy the rest of the cult-y stuff. Been there, seen that.

The level of devotion is very high among the 'sifu' class. And to be honest, as soon as he started to let normal humans be sifus, he started to see them not be as devoted. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soooo . . . . Sijo was right again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 7:45am

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty convinced he's legit. If you've had experience with these guys it's not hard to read something and tell if it's them or not. For example, when TKDBB sparred with a fanger, someone else had current fangers read it; at first they were skeptical it had even happened, but pretty shortly they were totally convinced. The details are too difficult to fake without having at least had a good deal of experience with FSD.

I agree about the stories being pretty specific for hiding one's identity though, and that did give me a little pause. I guess he's counting on sJP being really out of the loop or something; the more identifying stories involve only the two of them.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 8:50am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty convinced this is legit. I've heard a number of these stories before. I'll see which ones I can dig up as already on the net.

Another version of the Homeless Story was posted on Bullshido already. The two stories are similar enough that it could be the same story from two different angles. Or they just had a lot of homeless people walking in to Catherine St. that got beat up by sJP.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...postcount=1068

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOC
    I think I have a story that all would painfully enjoy. I was a young teenager attending the old Catehrine street location when FSD was WCD. For years I thought this was cool, now I see it for what it was.

I had just changed into my street clothes and was about to leave. A drunken bum had staggered into the club and began speaking to JP in french so I had no idea what was being said. The guy then entered the training area with his slushy boots and kicked the heavy bag. I think JP reacted as any other would and flipped the guy over the bannister seperating the waitning room and the training area.

They then continued parlez vous until Linda came out of the office and attempted to peacefully end the situation. At least that is what it looked like.(once again parlez vous). This attracted the attention of the bum. He pointed at her and said "something". This caused JP to close on him. I must admit that it seemed impressive at the time. The guy was pinned against the wall and JP had his foot on the guys knee which was fully extended and braced. The guys hands were pinned against his waist and he had blood dripping from his face. I remember that this happened in a blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Askari; 6/16/2007 8:56am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think if the poster should log back so we may have some discussions with him...

i think the bum story are two separate incidents.

havoc's it was at the end of the class.

ghyslain's, it was while doing phon sau drills.

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 11:08am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seafood pioneered "Bumfights"?
Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast