221987 Bullies, 4071 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2212
Page 198 of 222 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2011 10:19am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Teaching duties are shared between, D'Amour and Denis Kang. We follow the ATT MMA Curriculum, Muay Thai, Wrestling and BJJ (GI and No GI). What's really cool is D'Amour isn't making **** up, ghost rankings and stuff (ala Patenaude's), he has been trained by Liborio for No GI, but for the GI Classes, it's all Kang, and D'Amour started like a white belt like all of us and was proud of it. I respect Coach for that, cause I don't think a Patenaude would be ready to wear a white belt in a MA Class and line up with there students. We as students are happy cause we are getting our BJJ ranking under Denis Kang, and having that kinda of experience right in our club is priceless.

IF you read some of my previous posts, I mentioned that the atmosphere is completely changed here, and I'm happy for coach. I drive by the FSD Club in Kanata at night to go home and the place is always empty or closed.

We have had a few guys fight in MT fights and tourneys in the states, mostly I think cause of the ATT Affliation, D'Amour has stronger connections there, with thoses associations and our guys went 9-3. One of our guys also went to the Grapplers quest in toronto at the UFC FAN EXPO and place medal in the NO GI, D'Amour cornered him, in a 16 man tournament.

We also have a guy fighting in two weeks in MTL in a Amateur MMA Match, cornered by D'Amour and Kang.

I hope that helps, I think if there is any other questions concerning the programs, maybe call D'Amour, he's pretty cool guy and has been open about everything. Cheers my cyberfriends.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2011 2:38pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What event in montreal? I'm always down to travel. best of luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2011 3:05pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the update Cheetah. I would be curious to hear from some current/recent FSD students as to what the atmosphere is like in the FSD schools. With the Kanata school on life-suport, I have to wonder how the other locations are faring.

Also there will be a BJJ tourney in Ottawa in October, both GI and no-Gi. If the Pat's want to show their new found grappling skills it would be a great opportunity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 3:55pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some more flyers are showing up in my neighbourhood. The push now is "Kids Self Defense" courses(and the usual Street Self Defense crap). I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with school starting up again. Just curios, have they ever tried getting a foot in the door of local schools? I work at one and have never seen any sniffing around but you never know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 7:51pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So somebody from the Kanata school dropped by my work with a stack of door hangers. I'm kind of torn here. On one hand I really don't want to see anybody paying money for that BS, but on the other I did do some minor advertising for my old school(summer day camps and such). The staff know I was a weekend warrior but nobody has asked me about the Pats. Guess I'll just wait and see.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 11:46am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fsd mcdojo to another level: Martial art guru

Hi, have you seen the recent blog of FSD, OMG, I can't believe it!

Just when you think they can't go more MCDOJO, here they go again!

In their blog dated September 3, 2011. They mention this online training: Martial Art Guru. That supplements your training, for only $20/mth additional to what you are paying for now! Honey we can't afford our mortgage this month, I have to pay for my FSD Fees, lol.

My question is, when I was a member I spent all this money on $60+ DVDs, what happens to them now, do they become obsolete cause of this online thing. And that's $20 per month, there goes another $240 per year. I can't believe theses guys.

And now they have this online certification, holy ****! With ranking and testing! So for only $20 a month I can become a FSD Black Belt. OMG, what does the existing students feel about that, when they are paying big bucks for there belts. What happens to the student when you are a brown belt, at brown, I had to go to this $600+ training camp and forced to smell dog **** in a bowl. WTF. Do they ship the **** when you go for your online training, when you reach brown belt, lol, or is it included? The quality is no good in person, what kinda of students will they produce now?

I can't believe this BS, when you think they couldn't sink lower here they go again.

Here is the link to the blog:

http://blog.fangshendo.com/

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 11:28am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the files of "Where Are They Now?" comes Dino Urbani. Some may remember the name as the poor guy who ran the Fang Shen Do location on Merivale Rd, until he was forcibly shut down.

And, here he is: http://urbancombatsystems.com/page12.html

I note that he does not mention where his training is from - but then again, who can really blame him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    From the files of "Where Are They Now?" comes Dino Urbani. Some may remember the name as the poor guy who ran the Fang Shen Do location on Merivale Rd, until he was forcibly shut down.
    The storming of his school by the FSD staff is a story that needs to be told. I spoke to one former student who showed up for the class after this happened and it was apparently quite the mess. Any eye-witnesses are encouraged to come on here and say what happened.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2011 11:10am

Style: Thu'o'ng Lao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everyone. I've been training for 2 months now. I've been reading your comments not too long after I joined FSD and at first I thought you guys were spurring bs. Now I can tell you that you were right. When I joined I really expected to do actual kung-fu, instead we do self-defence, some kicks and some hand techniques. Don't get me wrong, the instruction is great, it's just not what I was expecting.

I also joined the famous black belt club. Now to me it doesn't make any sense that one has to pay even more money and has to attend a (very expansive) training camp to get his black belt.

When I first saw the Sijo something told me that the guy was a crook. I did my researches and have solid evidence that the Sijo, several Sifus and instructors are part of an organization called The Global Information Network, or GIN.

https://www.globalinformationnetwork.com/

From the GIN website:

The Global Information Network (GIN) is a Multi-Form Foundation organized in the country of St. Kitts and Nevis. It was conceived by a group of individuals from around the world who are the highest ranking members of several private societies, associations, clubs, and groups whose membership has been exclusive to the privileged elite class of the world. This group includes members of:

• The Brotherhood
    • The Bilderberg Group
    • The Council on Foreign Relations
    • The Freemasons
    • Yale University’s Skull and Bones
    • The Illuminati
    • The Trilateral Commission
    • And several other elite international societies

The individuals who conceived and helped organize the Global Information Network (The "GIN Council") are, and will always remain anonymous.
    For the first time in human history, the highest ranking members of these “secret societies” have encouraged the formation of a new, private, member only group. A group that allows people who do not qualify to become members of the above listed societies to join together, and be exposed to the same secrets revealed and taught to members of those societies and clubs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2011 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_wins View Post
    When I first saw the Sijo something told me that the guy was a crook. I did my researches and have solid evidence that the Sijo, several Sifus and instructors are part of an organization called The Global Information Network, or GIN.
    Hi Scorpion, what lead you to this information? Did they try to get students to join this outfit? Or did you overhear the instructors talking about it?