228222 Bullies, 4598 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2222
Page 195 of 223 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2010 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it seems that some fangers are now actively participating in no gi tournaments.

namely, a local nogi league known as SFL (submission fight league).

In fact, I think the Gatineau branch of SFL is organized by a fanger. Check our their highlight vid where are they show a LOT of fangers as well as the eye of the tiger background music...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sub...56251561071323

This is sort of an answer to criticism regarding their insular behaviour and unwillingness to compete. And I guess I have to give credit when it's due, fangers seem to be "representing" in no gi sub competition and amateur MMA events (Hybrid combat).

Does this sort of make FSD more legit?

Not to me. I have wasted 2 years and a LOT of money, trying to master lin sil die dar, faking heart attacks and other inane crap.

It's unfortunate, because now more people will be attracted to FSD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 5:21pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, a fanger advert landed in my lap the other day with the question "Are you the next UFC champion?". I guess FSD is no longer "t00 d34dl3y for the ring".

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    12/22/2010 3:45pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123 View Post
    it seems that some fangers are now actively participating in no gi tournaments.

namely, a local nogi league known as SFL (submission fight league).

In fact, I think the Gatineau branch of SFL is organized by a fanger. Check our their highlight vid where are they show a LOT of fangers as well as the eye of the tiger background music...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sub...56251561071323

This is sort of an answer to criticism regarding their insular behaviour and unwillingness to compete. And I guess I have to give credit when it's due, fangers seem to be "representing" in no gi sub competition and amateur MMA events (Hybrid combat).

Does this sort of make FSD more legit?

Not to me. I have wasted 2 years and a LOT of money, trying to master lin sil die dar, faking heart attacks and other inane crap.

It's unfortunate, because now more people will be attracted to FSD.
    If FSD was using FSD recognised techniques(semi-modified Wing Chun) in a submission fight league, it might gain them some respect. If they are using new-found"grappling and kickboxing" techniques, it validates everything that has been said about them. They can't make their own techniques work.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2010 4:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    If FSD was using FSD recognised techniques(semi-modified Wing Chun) in a submission fight league, it might gain them some respect. If they are using new-found"grappling and kickboxing" techniques, it validates everything that has been said about them. They can't make their own techniques work.
    They get credit for competing. Their modified art does not get credit for using BJJ and Judo.
    The fact that Judo Gene and Jean-Jacques Machado, through videos and seminars, train their instructor/s means it isn't their "Kung Fu" being used in these tournaments.

Before the derail starts remember, this school claimed that THEIR art was complete. There are no "complete" arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2010 11:49pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    Minor correction: Wing Chun Do -- which I think can be described as distinct for Wing Chun, and JP has not credentials in WC, but only in WCD, which is Demille's variation.

They've been claiming MT and (J)JJ + Judo influence for a bit now, while trying not to lower their position on their existing flawed fundamentals.

Second IIF, they do get some cred for competing, and even if quietly expanding their repertoire, but never for lying and exaggerating on how deadly and complete their art was, and sJP's own credentials (before they revamp'd his bio online).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2010 10:23am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that FSD students are competing is a good thing but what has changed? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any of the school owners or Patenaude family members competing. Now normally I wouldn't so judgemental but they (the Patenaude family) produces and releases a grappling video. Shouldn't the instructors shown in the video be competing?

YouTube - Gokor Chivichyan New Grappling DVD Release Fang Shen Do

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2011 1:52am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappyhead View Post
    Heh, a fanger advert landed in my lap the other day with the question "Are you the next UFC champion?". I guess FSD is no longer "t00 d34dl3y for the ring".
    Maybe they are inquiring for a decent MMA instructor and hope to hire a UFC Champion. Call them up and say you want to apply for the job! Even if you don't have any credentials they won't mind. lol

You are right, they are no longer "t00 d34dl3y for the ring", after all they own one. But as the new website states they are now "BEYOND MARTIAL ARTS", you know, out there.

Old1o1
    Recovering Nicely From New Liver Spot Tranplant

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2011 2:53am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1 View Post

You are right, they are no longer "t00 d34dl3y for the ring", after all they own one. But as the new website states they are now "BEYOND MARTIAL ARTS", you know, out there.
    Well that's easy enough, considering they never were a martial art to begin with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2011 1:10am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fsd is holding a telephone based seminar on "Finding What You Were Born to Do". How does that work? To me, this sounds similar to a "Psychic Hotline". (or psychotic)

martini claims to have held these seminars before, albeit in person. Has anyone been to one? Would you share what the gist of this seminar / secret is? Was it a sales pitch in the end ? If it was a sales pitch, how did you feel about paying?
    ______

They are also holding a fight night. They charge admission. Are they subject fight commission licensing?

Old1o1
    Gumpy and Stern Today

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 8:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah, good old martini... always coming up with new way to milk money out of fangers. I have to admit, he has been very creative.

I'm not sure if the fight night is a sanctioned amateur event, but I do recall my old FSD instructor talking about having to comply to regulations. But that was before even the first fight night, so who knows...