226094 Bullies, 4191 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2222
Page 192 of 223 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 3:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    Posted today, the Sibok guy, announced a new "Sifu/MADE" guy.
    Does anybody know who this guy is? Marc Beauchamp?
    I've never heard about him, so just wondering...

But it got me thinking, there was a previous post from someone here, I don't remember who wrote it originally, but posting about the lack of Sifus in the organization.

We must be really making an effect on JP, his ears must have been burning after that post, cause then, VOILA! A NEW SIFU! A MADE man.

Now, I don't know this guy, he might have paid his dues, but do they get tested for this stuff. Or is it when you have given everything to the FSD CLAN that you get MADE.

Has anyone drove by the FSD HQ, are they still there?

One last question, how does the other owners (non-sifus) feel about this? Are they being MADE also? Or has this Beauchamp guy :crybaby2:created some internal jealousy? He getting UPPED but not others. Hmmmm... just wondering?:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:
    i've met Marc Beauchamp before (3-4 years ago). Hell of a nice guy. Gave me some good tips on conditioning drills.

The guy had his own school for a few years now, also has a TKD BB as far as i know.

What's wrong with his promotion?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 3:59pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think anything wrong with his promotion, I really don't know the guy. Fanger123 you said you met the guy and he's a hell of a nice guy. Cool. Good for him. I was wondering if maybe this recent promotion was because people on this forum questioned the quality of instruction or continuity of information because the lack of Sifus. That's what I was thinking. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Like a knee jerk reaction from JP due to this site. I am pretty sure that this site has generated some people leaving, avoiding thoses schools as well as the FSD changing their way of doing business.

Look it doesn't really matter, congrats for Beauchamp for receiving his "MADE" title.

Just wondering, that's all. I am trying to see how this JP thinks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, just another 2cents.

You gotta know, sifu's are not made overnight & not even in FSD (especially in FSD?) where there is a lot of training, some really punishing sparring with other sifu's who are guranteed harder, stronger, better/more experienced than you, plus "conditioning" & suffering that goes into being made a sifu. You can be sure the expression on Marc's face reflects some of that on the FSD site - notice he's not exactly beaming with joy, probably hurting from the inevitable recent injuries - maybe he can smile later. I have no doubt he has earned that level, no question in my mind at all.

So to answer Cheetah's post, I do not think these blogs have influenced the promotion of sifu's in FSD but I'm sure it's just annoyed them at times. Maybe other things elsewhere in this blog-sphere have influenced them, e.g. more open-invitation competitions, etc.

Hope that helps .....

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 4:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a forum not a blog.

Second, it has made people avoid FSD and other questionable MA. That is this websites only job. What you do, within your art, with rank promotion we don't care.

Please tell me you are posting from work. Better yet tell me which account you want to keep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 12:33am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back to Basics!!!

There are many things wrong with rank promotion in fsd.

There is the age old question, what exactly is fsd? (besides a made up, nonsensical name)

Never been answered questions of jp's background, and his inability to provide documents to support his many claims of martial arts training, or to be precise, his claimed collection of BBs over the many years. Even his sons cannot answer that question with certainty.

To say that one worked hard has nothing to do with the validity and effectiveness of what you learned. Is fsd's standard to simply dole out platitudes and "appoint" sifus (sifi ???). Where's the beef? How does one earn "it"?

martini says
    Lots of things go into becoming a Sifu and Marc displayed all of the qualities required to receive that title
    WHAT GOES INTO IT?

The upcoming anointing ceremony is of concern. Is Beauchamp to be made as the "golden carrot" in order to rile up a vapid membership, to shore up any wavering students and school owners?

Old1o1
    Blue Smartie :thefinger

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2010 2:09pm

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed that the FSD sign was gone from the Catherine Street location but I didn't see one at the new (old Kent Street Lanes) location. This is just what I noticed as I drove by - not a careful detailed inspection.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2010 12:18am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Wacky World of fsd.

Transcendence

fsd has announced they are now "beyond martial arts", as is featured in the new logo on the website.

Also

If you have had a difficult time finding your supply of Gorgeouspil, then look no further than fsd. They list it in their online catalouge. (Before you try and mis-pronounce Gorgeouspil, it's "gorgeous" as in woman, and "pil" as in.. err.. pill... like meds.) This is about the funniest thing they have got involved with.
    What is Gorgeouspil? This explains aawlll aaaboutt it. :bduh:

http://gorgeouspill.com/
    http://alexchiu.com/

Finally

This link was passed on to me by a fellow Bullshidoist.
    The latest on "Way of Survival", the movie based on the fictional life of jp. Apparenty the new production team has sees it much the same way many of us have, and, well... You read it.
    ps. I think a new moniker for jp!

http://www2.telefilm.gc.ca/05/516/Be...ucer.php?id=30

Old1o1
    Cubed by Rubic

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2010 1:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The name dropping has begun!!

Check out friends of FSD!!

(the new website actually looks real nice... if I didn't know any better, if I'd probably try for a class!)

I think they trimmed some bullshit out of the site. No more JP using his kids as guinea pigs!

just noticed they have a new "fight team" which will allegedly compete around the "world". That's actually very promising. And of course, they took out JP's old bio which discouraged competing.
    Last edited by fanger123; 8/06/2010 1:21pm at .

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Newbie Fang Shen Do

I have read a good portion of this thread (did come here to see if Fang Shen Do was legit). I have decided to pursue martial arts at a different venue as some of the stuff they teach did not seem "real" to me. However, I did meet the owner of the Orleans school and I have to say that Stephane Patenaude seems to be a very good martial artist, has a few fights under his belt and he teaches many classes himself.

Does anyone have any further info on him or the Orleans school? I only ask as I signed up at Bushido Martial Arts in Ottawa for their BJJ Class and the owner knows Stephane and had nothing but good things to say about him. That surprised me. Again, I am curious of Stephane and the Orleans school...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 12:00pm

Style: ex-fsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard from the grapevine (clearly 3rd hand information - perhaps worth what you have paid for it) that jp wants to sue someone/group/whatever regarding this thread. Evidently there has been some tangible impact on his business.