223739 Bullies, 4015 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2212
Page 191 of 222 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 11:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some time now there has been some sharing around of sifu's & instructors, most notably at the central Catherine st school. Quite often sibok Martin could not make it & someone else like sifu Joel (Cornwall school) would fill in. I remember being disappointed when they just unilaterally quit holding classes on Thursdays when the then-sifu Steph D'amour would be teaching - the one who just left FSD.

Apparently the Thursday class has been reinstated, held by sifu Joel quite often. Sometimes sifu Scott would hold them too - that would be a treat (really - he's good!) but you never know who it could be.

So in short, yes there are more schools than sifu's to go around - has been for some time which affects the quality & continuity of tuition. Some would argue that can be good - for diversity - or not good, i.e. contradictory and/or confusing.

Another 2c for your consideration.

btw - "....... when you can go to OAMA or Ronin, or anywhere else and get the top guy regularly" ==> who are these guys? Do they train WCD or JKD in Ottawa?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 2:26pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, I get in know... so if there is this whole sharing concept at the HQ. But I check out what you said in your last post. Please don't get the wrong impression, I am not trying to call anybody a liar, especially if you haven't been there for awhile. But there is no more Thursday class, as per the FSD HQ website. Anyways it's not really the point i wanted to make.

What do you mean by sharing around of sifus? Cause in the previous post you mentionned that:

"So other sifus are "encouraged" to do similar in support." What does that mean "encouraged"?

It seems that other owners don't really have a say in this stuff?

I am confused, I taught everything was rosy? Maybe you being a "insider" you can give your opinion. Please understand that I won't hold you to it. It's an opinion, and I think that sites like this is where people can voice them without any threats, attacks, etc... and chat about them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 2:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I've stayed out of this thread. Yet, due to recent events it is time to bring the hammer down.

Those of you with multiple accounts need to tell me which one you want to keep. Otherwise, I will be banning all accounts. ALL including the original account.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 3:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    Ah, I get in know... so if there is this whole sharing concept at the HQ. But I check out what you said in your last post. Please don't get the wrong impression, I am not trying to call anybody a liar, especially if you haven't been there for awhile. But there is no more Thursday class, as per the FSD HQ website. Anyways it's not really the point i wanted to make.

What do you mean by sharing around of sifus? Cause in the previous post you mentionned that:

"So other sifus are "encouraged" to do similar in support." What does that mean "encouraged"?

It seems that other owners don't really have a say in this stuff?

I am confused, I taught everything was rosy? Maybe you being a "insider" you can give your opinion. Please understand that I won't hold you to it. It's an opinion, and I think that sites like this is where people can voice them without any threats, attacks, etc... and chat about them.

That's ok - cool with that. When I last made a visit recently I was told the Thursday classes were back, even tho not listed. Maybe that has changed since - I am no longer an "insider" so cannot say. This may also have changed since sifu Brian had to withdraw from FSD due to illness & has effectively retired. So what was true then may not be true now.

As you know, all the FSD sifu's are considered part of the extended 'family' & 'inner circle' as well as biz partners. So there is an expectation for all to share the burden of other schools as well as their "own". I don't think anyone is 'threatened' or intimidated (altho intimidation is part of their training répertoire) but no doubt there is some pressure applied either implicitly or directly. That is what I meant by "encouraged".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 5:43pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just Curious

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Sorry, I've stayed out of this thread. Yet, due to recent events it is time to bring the hammer down.

Those of you with multiple accounts need to tell me which one you want to keep. Otherwise, I will be banning all accounts. ALL including the original account.
    If the offenders do not comply, do we get to find out who was who?

Do their posts magically disappear or do they remain posted?

Actually, can we find out who is who anyways. After all, they did post here using more than one ID.

Am I gonna get a lecture on reading the fine print contained within?

Just curious?

Old1o1
    Well Behaved... mostly :adios:

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 6:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can click this link when it starts:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/banlist.php
    You'll then learn who.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2010 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You can click this link when it starts:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/banlist.php
    You'll then learn who.
    Thank You!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Where is fsd "Waldos"?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    I was looking at the pictures from the Gokor seminar (on the FSD blog) and I noticed that in all the photos I don't see any of the instructors or school owners (other than the family members). I just find it curious that would be the case when they seem to be incorporating mma into their curriculum.
    Yes! Where are the fsd "Waldos?

Did anyone here attend this Gokor semenar?

As andrewa mentioned, there appear to be no other school owners or fsd instructors present in the blog pics.

Old1o1
    Master of Karatecize

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 12:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I NEW "MADE" man in the FSD Organization

Posted today, the Sibok guy, announced a new "Sifu/MADE" guy.
    Does anybody know who this guy is? Marc Beauchamp?
    I've never heard about him, so just wondering...

But it got me thinking, there was a previous post from someone here, I don't remember who wrote it originally, but posting about the lack of Sifus in the organization.

We must be really making an effect on JP, his ears must have been burning after that post, cause then, VOILA! A NEW SIFU! A MADE man.

Now, I don't know this guy, he might have paid his dues, but do they get tested for this stuff. Or is it when you have given everything to the FSD CLAN that you get MADE.

Has anyone drove by the FSD HQ, are they still there?

One last question, how does the other owners (non-sifus) feel about this? Are they being MADE also? Or has this Beauchamp guy :crybaby2:created some internal jealousy? He getting UPPED but not others. Hmmmm... just wondering?:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It seems that the little birdie was right

The new FSD HQ is .... drum roll... 270 Catherine, as per their website.

The Sibok dude mentionned before papa gave him s*** for letting the cat out of the bag early about the school:

"third is a brand new 3000 + square foot new location for Ottawa area students. The headquarter school will have a new home by July 12th. The place will be state of the art and will be designed to reproduce the look and feel of our Private Training Pagoda in Casselman.
    Look for details concerning the Grand-Opening shortly."

State of the art? Over the weekend, I made my friends drive by the new location, sorry I can't afford wheels right now. LOL :(

State of the art? Really? It's an old building.

I have never been at the Pagoda, so can someone enlighten me on this. Pls.

It just seems that this just another of the look a whole new, repackaged location, latest DVD, etc... BS stuff again.

I don't know, i give up. Thank you for everyone chatting with me. I guess I retire, lol. I have better things to do than the Patenaudes. :homework: