221328 Bullies, 3988 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2212
Page 190 of 222 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 10:53am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    I little birdie told me that possibly the new address for the new HQ club is going to be drum roll ..... 270 Catherine, is that possible? Where is this place I taught they already had a Catherine St. address? HUH.
    It's certainly possible. That's the building that the old Kent Bowling Lanes were in, and I think the building is mostly occupied by a self-storage company. I'm sure there'd be enough for a 3K square foot school.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 11:33am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's right across from the bus station?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 12:04pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then maybe that question of joining smaller schools together won't happen.

Cause it wouldn't make much sense, the closest is the Merivale St. Location. Right?

If i was a student why would I travel anywhere that is not close to my home or work?

With the new location, will the price go up again? Hmmmm.

Who is going to teach there? Didn't someone recently wrote down places and times of the school owners and how they cannot be at two places at once.

If you were paying premium dollars to train anywhere, wouldn't you want the top guy?

Does this mean jp is going back on the floor? Ahhhhh!

More space = more costs = more students (I doubt that) or = raisesd prices?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 12:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt very much that jp will go back to teaching intensively except for the occasional "seminars" - he's way too comfortable with his status quo. FSD is also sensitive to critique of their pricing structure esp as they lose students on a regular flow - gain some/lose some but are staying afloat for now ........ so I doubt there will be a big change in pricing but it is likely to creep up with time, serruptitiously.

The choice of the Catherine st location is likely derived for logistics for folks to travel to/from easily & the move is not far, plus it's fairly central to Ottawa. After all, sibok Martin travels to/from Montreal every Wednesday + some other days in his Porsche Carrera turbo. So other sifus are "encouraged" to do similar in support.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, Lurchalot, I am confused a little and maybe you can help me out, on previous pages you mentionned that you are a previous student from about three years ago, then you mentioinned that:

" still do not know where but was told directly by Linda P & sibok Martin that they definitely are going to move to a new 3000 sq ft facility in the city of Ottawa but was not given the address. They all seem pretty excited about it & this comes with some changes in the program. The time frame is soon, probably before the end of July unless there are hitches."

Please understand that I am confused, are you a active student now, or have the patenaude been contacting previous student like yourself and announcing the new location.

If you can clear this up that would be cool, also, if it is the later, do you know if they are combining several little schools together. You mentionned this in previous pages.

It seems you have insider information, why I don't know, I don't ask to release that, just curious. THX

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    That's right across from the bus station?
    Yep, thanks to the all-seeing eye of Google Earth

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 2:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    "Please understand that I am confused, are you a active student now, or have the patenaude been contacting previous student like yourself and announcing the new location.

If you can clear this up that would be cool, also, if it is the later, do you know if they are combining several little schools together. You mentionned this in previous pages.

It seems you have insider information, why I don't know, I don't ask to release that, just curious. THX
    Answers:
    Yes, I was a student of less than 3 years ago.

No, I am no longer an active student but keeping fit & looking for some kind of replacement training .....

Yes, they contacted me about possibly getting back into training as they frequently do with ex-students, so I dropped in for a visit a while back. Good catch!

Combining schools was speculation but we (ex-Fangers) have all seen coordination and/or co-support of adjacent schools for things like seminars or other special occasions, e.g. Neigong demo's, seminars, etc.

Hope that helps

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, it does, then it makes me wonder, what is the quality are they really putting in this newly expanded school, if you have Martin, going once a week (cause doesn't he own a school in MTL and others also?). Then who else is teaching there? And aren't they spreading their instructors thin? I would be concerned that paying premium dollars and getting go blo green belt and a sprinkle of Sifu, would be not enough, when you can go to OAMA or Ronin, or anywhere else and get the top guy regularly. This is a question that was brought up to me by reading theses posts. Can anyone help me with this? Anyone who has trained downtown, Lurchalot maybe? or anyone else who can explain this?

Posted On:
    7/22/2010 8:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Took a look at the building as I was coming home from work last night, and I saw no external indication of anybody moving in. Looks like there's vacant space available though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2010 5:10pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was looking at the pictures from the Gokor seminar (on the FSD blog) and I noticed that in all the photos I don't see any of the instructors or school owners (other than the family members). I just find it curious that would be the case when they seem to be incorporating mma into their curriculum.