223535 Bullies, 3860 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2212
Page 189 of 222 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:04am

Style: MMA, Wrestling, TMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, this is all new information to me. I'm glad you got out of there safely, and I know we'll all do our best to stop new students from entering this school.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it's good to see this thread is still running!! I have quit FSD after almost 3 years due to what I would call a lack of respect that some of the sifu's have for their students - partly related to the recent demise of the Kanata school. Respect has to go both ways. But I have to say that for the most part I enjoyed the training & agree with previous posts that FSD is very good for getting you in shape, toughening you up physically & mentally. It certainly made me tougher, stronger, virtually fearless.....

While there remain questions about the lineage & credentials of JP/FSD I have seen first hand how well FSD fighting skills work at black sash & sifu level but also agree that some of this is due to pure fitness, flexibility, conditioning & practice. But then it all depends on who you're with. Like others on this site I would like to see more fights between FSD fighters & those of other arts in an independently run forum, something like sifu Pat Marcil & sifu Scott did a few years back in Montreal.

Personally I am ready to move on to a higher skill level, better more individualised one-on-one instruction without the or so-called "secret" Inner Circle stuff & can get my physical training without the dramatics & BS.

Keep up the good work, guys (and gals) but try to keep it objective where possible ....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2010 3:03pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tick-Tock

Public Service Announcement

July 3, 2010
    9 Days and Counting

To all fsd students:

Just a reminder that there might be a brand new 3000 + square foot new location yet to be determined, for Ottawa area students. The headquarter school will have a new home by July 12th (that's 9 days away) or jp is not my initials. The place will be state of the ark and will be designed to reproduce the look and feel and especially the smell of our Private Training Pierogi in Casselman. (Note: In fact Cassellman might be our new Ottawa HQ... or not. )
    Do Not Panic!!!!!! There is still very little time!!!! Look for details concerning the Grand-Opening shortly. That's it. Keep looking!

Those who pay by automated debit or Visa charges, these dues will continue to be charged so we suffer no interruption in your established routine.

Please keep in mind that 3000 + sq.ft.may appear smaller due to the following deductions from this space:
    3000ft.sq. - Change Rooms - Office Space - Entry and Waiting Area - Washrooms - Equipment Area - Whatever = ???Sq.ft. training area.

As my son CyBok martini once said "Nothing grows on trees like money! Money included! Except maybe peanuts and potatoes".
    A small increase in fees may be applied to your dues because we have to charge HST on top of GST and PST. To ease this burden on us, we will install a toll gate at both the entrance to the facility and at the exit as well.

---------
    This so far seems interesting. Has anybody got a clue where fsd HQ is moving to??

Old1o1
    G-8 Test Dummy

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 8:43am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1 View Post
    The place will be state of the ark and will be designed to reproduce the look and feel and especially the smell of our Private Training Pierogi in Casselman. (Note: In fact Cassellman might be our new Ottawa HQ... or not. )
    Do Not Panic!!!!!! There is still very little time!!!! Look for details concerning the Grand-Opening shortly. That's it. Keep looking!

Those who pay by automated debit or Visa charges, these dues will continue to be charged so we suffer no interruption in your established routine.

Please keep in mind that 3000 + sq.ft.may appear smaller due to the following deductions from this space:
    3000ft.sq. - Change Rooms - Office Space - Entry and Waiting Area - Washrooms - Equipment Area - Whatever = ???Sq.ft. training area.

As my son CyBok martini once said "Nothing grows on trees like money! Money included! Except maybe peanuts and potatoes".
    A small increase in fees may be applied to your dues because we have to charge HST on top of GST and PST. To ease this burden on us, we will install a toll gate at both the entrance to the facility and at the exit as well.
    ---------
    This so far seems interesting. Has anybody got a clue where fsd HQ is moving to??

Old1o1
    G-8 Test Dummy
    State Of The Ark!?!?! There are many disturbing things in this newsletter, not the least of which is training pierogies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 6:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Am I Allowed to Bump???

Note received from a PG by secret e-courier...
    ; - )
    Well, I still don't know where the new training headquarters will be. I have not been told anything about a move and I did not ask either. I will wait to see the surprise on Monday. If the club moves I hope they bring the socks I left behind in the change room.

Amy Sonoun

Ignore that!

martin! Are you moving before July 12 or not ?

Test your resolve. You wrote in your fsd blog June 22, 2010, about how one should not commit one's own self publicly :

...This way you don't have to lie, back pedal, lose face, or make up excuses why you didn't follow through on that thing you said you were going to do.
    ...Keep most of your goals secret, that way, if you catch yourself not following through on some of them you only have to answer to one person: Yourself
    Old1o1
    Trident Gummer

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 8:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still do not know where but was told directly by Linda P & sibok Martin that they definitely are going to move to a new 3000 sq ft facility in the city of Ottawa but was not given the address. They all seem pretty excited about it & this comes with some changes in the program. The time frame is soon, probably before the end of July unless there are hitches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurchalot View Post
    I still do not know where but was told directly by Linda P & sibok Martin that they definitely are going to move to a new 3000 sq ft facility in the city of Ottawa but was not given the address. They all seem pretty excited about it & this comes with some changes in the program. The time frame is soon, probably before the end of July unless there are hitches.
    Have you any indication that the new location will be consolidating some of the other local (Ottawa area) locations?

If the answer is "yes" do you think 3000sq.ft. will be able to handle a potentially larger group? I'm guessing that jp will want to put his cage in there.

Thanks for responding!!

Old1o1
    I'd sooner eat a snail before I'd ever eat a periwinkle!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 12:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the impression that some consolidation might take place but nothing confirmed yet - I am not in the "Inner Circle" any more. But it is known the extra work involved for sifu Steph P at Kanata is an additional burden to his own school since sifu Steph D'amour left under a cloud. Possibly sifu Scott's school in Richmond may also be either "complimented" or consolidated in much the same way ..... more than this is speculation on my part. Other folks on this site may be able to enlighten better than I.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 2:52pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    July 12th, has gone and pass. Hmmmmm.

Concerning Lurchalot last post, maybe you are on the right track. Sites like this one and many others, have brought to me and maybe many others how FSD does business concerning the other schools. Maybe all things are not well within this Inner Circle. Maybe having the previous owners leaving has created fear within the organization (The Patenaude Family), where now they are creating bigger schools that will join many smaller schools (non-patenaude owned school), so that the FSD Family has a choke hold on their organization and not lose anymore.

Ouch! If that is true, what happens to the time, money and effort that theses owners have put in? Hmmmm. And for future FSD Students who are on the fence concerning ownership, what are you truly going to own? Or is the Ownership Program or whatever they call it, means they now own you! Scary Stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 10:34am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Ottawa HQ address

I little birdie told me that possibly the new address for the new HQ club is going to be drum roll ..... 270 Catherine, is that possible? Where is this place I taught they already had a Catherine St. address? HUH.