233695 Bullies, 3321 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2231
Page 188 of 224 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 1:16pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1 View Post
    The Countdown is on! 25, 24, 23....

It's official... I think! fsd has less than 25 locations. 24 by the school listings on their website, and the Arnprior location does not list an address.

Question: How many schools are actually up & running with a qualified instructor?
    Egads!!!
    My post quoted above (April 4,2010) no longer has legs.

fsd has announced the possibility of opening of another location in Montreal. Although an address is provided, no class schedule has been posted... which is the opposite of Arnprior. That one has a class schedule, but no location????

I am ever repentant.

Old1o1
    Ivory Soaper

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 1:20pm

Style: Boxing/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact FSD was briefly featured in the tv show "les franc-tireurs" last year, and not because of the dubious martial arts, but because they violated law 101 by putting a english ad at the front of their dojo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.fangshendo.com/blog/index.html

looks like fangers had their own... submission grappling tournament!!

i no longer have any contacts with fangers, anybody know if this was a FSD only tournament? There are plenty of legit BJJ schools in montreal (H20, Gamma, tri star, revolution, GB...) and I wonder if they got invited/notified?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 7:09am

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nope

From what I have been told, this is an internal tournament. Do you really believe that they would put themselve in a situation where they would loose face.:bully: Noooo. I bet it's just another money grubbing event, like always. Like the songs says: "Money, that's what I want! Money, Money!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Once Again- 25, 24, 23, ......

Oh-Oh!

Regarding the number of fsd schools, I wonder if the average consumer would define some of the locations as a “school”.

I took a look at the fsd schools listed, and what days they were open and teaching anything that resembled martial arts and fsd. For instance I removed days where only yoga was taught.
    I know some of you hardcore full-contact yoga practitioners might be upset by this, so I suggest you go and jump in the “Tai Chi of Death” line with the Tae-Bo BB's and hash it out with them.

My opinion: I would need training and instruction access three days per week as a bare minimum for anyone to convince me it's a “school”.

My handy chart shows 3 locations as having less than 3 days training instruction per week. I will take 1 more location from the 3 days/week row, as the school indicates no actual location address to train at. So now, I consider 4 of the claimed twenty-five locations as “not” really schools.

I can get real picky and dismiss locations where the instructor is not really a qualified fsd BB (stop chuckling!!!).

I also have Stephen Hawking working on the space-time thingy. Once solved, he will explain to me, in his Microsoft Sam voice, how some of the slated fsd instructors can be at two different locations at the same time teaching classes.

Again, this my opinion. Anybody else have a comment?

Other Stuff
    Total possible days of all 25 alleged fsd schools to be to be open per week = 175 Days
    Sticking to the table above and culled with 1 exception from fsd web data- Actual number of days open per week = 88 Days

Old1o1
    Chismbop Black Belt :new_Eyecr

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 2:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- Grappling Tournament - Jamie Faraday

for a pathetic display of grappling by a fanboy who likes mma highlights too much.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 6:23pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Say it ain't so!

NEW BOX SETS FROM THE LASTEST FSD DVD'S! OOOOOOOOOO! :bssign:
    FROM THEIR LATEST SEMINAR! HOLY SH**!:nobodycar

BUT HERE IS THE FUN PART!: THEY ARE MAKING A NEW WEBSITE!

WHERE YOU CAN LEARN THE CURRICULUM ON-LINE! REALLY!

TEST FOR RANK! MAJOR BULLSHIDO! WHAT A MINUTE! THAT'S LIKE BULLSHIDO ON TOP OF BULLSHIDO! IT NEVER ENDDDDS!:help:

BUT HERE IS THE BEST PART, YOU CAN BECOME A FSD INSTRUCTOR! ON-LINE! :eusa_danc

Wow, Bullshido has covered many sites with instruction on-line! If you are reading this for the first time about FSD! RUN RUN RUN:karated: and don't look back and keep your hands on your wallet!

Also the FSD HQ is growing to a new location, what didn't they pay the rent?:uhaul:

And 45 NEW DVD titles on the way! Wow and in HD! So you are really going to see the high def-crap!

God Save us Now!:angel8:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Times They Are a-Changin'

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2000 View Post
    NEW BOX SETS FROM THE LASTEST FSD DVD'S! OOOOOOOOOO! :bssign:
    FROM THEIR LATEST SEMINAR! HOLY SH**!:nobodycar

BUT HERE IS THE FUN PART!: THEY ARE MAKING A NEW WEBSITE!

WHERE YOU CAN LEARN THE CURRICULUM ON-LINE! REALLY!

TEST FOR RANK! MAJOR BULLSHIDO! WHAT A MINUTE! THAT'S LIKE BULLSHIDO ON TOP OF BULLSHIDO! IT NEVER ENDDDDS!:help:

BUT HERE IS THE BEST PART, YOU CAN BECOME A FSD INSTRUCTOR! ON-LINE! :eusa_danc

Wow, Bullshido has covered many sites with instruction on-line! If you are reading this for the first time about FSD! RUN RUN RUN:karated: and don't look back and keep your hands on your wallet!

Also the FSD HQ is growing to a new location, what didn't they pay the rent?:uhaul:

And 45 NEW DVD titles on the way! Wow and in HD! So you are really going to see the high def-crap!

God Save us Now!:angel8:
    Meine Gedanken!

These DVD's are getting out of hand. As a Bullshiod peer of ours said, "They're getting desperate....45 new DVDs??? What Martial Art could come up [with] enough material to fill 45 more Dvds in addition to the 20 [they have]?".
    He also pointed out that on this new site, martini should trust the spell-check, or perhaps even use it.

Recently they held a grappling seminar that featured Gokor Chivichyan. Quick as a bunny, martini is selling DVDs as "Gokor Chivichyan's Grappling Seminar", as a two (or maybe 3) disc release.
    Question- Does Gokor Chivichyan know that fsd is about to make more money off using his name?

As The Web Changes!

What is Mine is Mine, What is Your's is Mine

Intellectual property problems may arise from fsd using media that may contain material that they don't have legal rights to, not that up to now they really didn't care. (And I hear the chuckling for the ooxymoronic use of "intellectual property" and "fsd".) "Fonctionality" may include selling subscriptions to access media files. I suppose a lawyer should speak to the legalities of what constitutes theft of protected data.
    I believe fsd's plan is to get as many subscribers as possible. Can they actually protect 'levels" of instruction? Do they really care, because I can already picture fsd kin counting the cash from those automatic monthly or annual billings.
    I wonder if they went after Deans or D’Amour for using fsd's "intellectual property"? You would think they would at least consider the chance of fsd management will be caught doing the same.
    They maybe just be updating the site because Blogger has developed some new features.

New Digs!

This announcement of new digs has me thinking "consolidation" of satellite schools. The boys "claim" ownership or partnership in many of these schools. If memberships are dwindling then all those rents, taxes, utility costs, insurances etc must be killing them.

I suspect some franchise owners/ partners are in for a big surprise. Perhaps fsd inc will get an even bigger surprise if they assume that current students will just saunter over to a new location because martini and company command them so. I would even venture a guess that many students will see any change of venue as an opportunity to break away from fsd.

Bon Voyage to those fsd students that move on, hopefully to a less delusional club!

Old1o1
    Polymorphic Hater

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was browing bjj gatineau vids and found this

YouTube- Alexopoulos vs Lemay

can you spot pat marcil?

props to the fanger (who lost the decision) for testing himself! he had a nice takedown too...

i think the lemay dude is the same one who won the FSD grappling tournament from some time ago.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of Fang Shen Do in that match.