222080 Bullies, 4015 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2212
Page 187 of 222 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2010 12:41pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pugnatum View Post
    When I first contacted them, ( I had called about 4 different schools), they were motivated to make my son their student.
    Of course they are - if their school is also their livelihood, they are highly motivated to make anyone who comes in the door a paying customer. So what?

Even if you just consider the emails they'd send out periodically, they made good use of the resources and did what a marketer would tell them to do: I work in Marketing and I like the enthusiasm, it's what will make them successful at the end of the day.
    Yes, they will be successful, at signing up students and getting them to pay - that is what the business is about.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with how qualified they are to teach, or the quality of the material they have to offer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2010 1:44pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There have been far too many issues, and many of them documented with the court system and Law Enforcement with this family.....in Ottawa anyway.
    I applaud anyone attempting to go it on their own after being involved with them....
    Give Mr. D` Amour a couple of years to gain some experience and get involved with the MMA community and things will come around....
    This forum has exposed an ugly side to the way they operated for many years in Ottawa-Hull, and it has forced them into the light....it would have not happened had it not been for Bullshido....
    The above posts from whomever....does little to dissuade some of the longest and largest threads to run on Bullshido....it is a matter of stats....
    They are pissed since the story theyve had running for so long has been brought out from underneath the rug....and what a dirty rug it has been....their approach to marketing and to the way they have dealt with students in the past was calculated and not inoccently put forth....They know this....yet it is past practice for them....
    and this is how they will continue to justify things....
    Steph P has to be at least patted on the back for learning how to kickbox somewhat and get in with some BJJ guys and roll a bit....that was a good start....
    But good starts need to be maintained and at least Mr. D` Amour is by all accounts trying his best to do this....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2010 1:31am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Est ut vos pugnatum? Vel est is martini?

I'll bet a Timmy's coffee that the Levac's are next "fsd" franchise to jump ship on the "pats".

Hey pugnatum, do you have another extremely long-winded comment on this. What does your amaZinG psycho-pathetic abilities tell you?

Oh, and that's a "Yes" to your question, but you already know that. I always could & can make you "dance" and squirm.

CraZy StuFf

Here's a reAlLy cRaZy bit from me.

Pressure getting to you? Come clean! Really, a clean start might do you good. Just say that dada has no verifiable credentials, or produce them for verification.
    Read some more Ziggy if you must. See if he says anything to say about honesty.
    This is martini, right? The gladiator huh! steph not standing up for you anymore? Like you said, can't blame him!

martini scraping bottom. Seeks making $200.00 a head for Doing "nothing... absolutely nothing".

Whoa! See fsd blaa-oog Tuesday, February 2, 2010.

Old1o1
    Chemically Independent

Posted On:
    2/04/2010 9:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.

You guys did what I said you would. You sat there and dissected every little syllable, and WHAT AN UPROAR, how dare I come here to defend them!?!?!?! You should be thanking me really, I don't think any of you has been that excited about anything in a very long time. My name is Linda Hernandez from Kingston ON, and I don't mind telling you that because I have nothing to hide. I do not fear keyboard warriors. I couldn't give a **** if you were stood right in front of me. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. I stand behind what I say. I wish you were all that clever, honourable or even decent. Yeah... let's call it that, decent. Be decent, give your name, have some nuts to stand behind what you say.

I know you won't, because you're safe on your little forums, and you hide behind names and alter egos, being braver here than you may ever be in real life. And that's ok, I understand.

I... I just don't have time for stupid. I just don't. I wish I did, because it's so funny, but I just don't. I have businesses to run, and children to raise and I volunteer etc etc. This is kind of fun though, it's like an x Files society or something where you're all into the conspiracy theories and Mothmen and keeping framed photos of Fox Mulder next to your bed at night and as you gently drift off to sleep and you dreamily call his name..."Fox..."

You did what I said you would, none of you are actually telling me what bad things you've seen or whatever, and I have read the thread, it's tedious and repetitive and offers no substance. I meet people like you all the time, believe me, you are complainers and people who would never say these things if the people in question were stood in front of you. You like being able to hide. You have no courage and no honour, and if you claim otherwise, I'm sorry, words are cheap, you need to prove it. You need to actually act upon your outrage, otherwise you are nothing more than an ineffectual twat.

I don't mind standing up for what I believe in, I've been raised that way. I see a man hit a woman, I beat the **** out of him, because what I see is WRONG. Just yesterday, I saw a mother with her autistic child down at the clinic MANHANDLING this kid, because she couldn't control him, and instead of using different methods she took to physically roughing him up. EVERYONE ELSE IN THAT FUCKING CLINIC SAT THERE AND WATCHED AND SAID NOTHING. I was the only one who told her to knock it off and when she tried to tell me off man I gave her the verbal lashing of a lifetime. You are the people in the clinic, you just fucken sit there and say nothing because it's easier, because you don't want any trouble. But here, on line, it's a different story. You're all cowards unless you prove otherwise.

But I know you won't, because all of your stories are made up. You are, as I say, more likely than not their competition, trying to trash them, or what have you. And I'm bored.

And oh man, for those of you that claim to be a part of their "Inner Circle"(cue x files music), shame on you. Why do you go to them if you dislike them so much? If they're sooooo horrible. I have no doubt that some of you may be their competition trying to hurt their image here on this forum, some of you disgruntled ex friends or students, whatever. The fact is none of you, not one of you, has offered me any proof that they are what you say they are. I haven't even asked them, I don't know if they troll this site, if they do they would have known who I was before I gave my name, I believe mine is the only 5 year old they have, but I don't need to ask them anything based on what you people have been saying because you yourselves offer no proof, so it’s all nonsense. If I choose to one day i will, and I have no doubt I'd be happier and be able to make more sense out of their answers that I've been able to of yours.

And that, (sigh of boredom), is where I leave you. To your little conspiracy theories and sad little lives. I'm leaving this lame forum, I just don't have the time to waste on you people when I know what you are, I called it and you proved me right. I was concerned because this site came up. I read the thread, I asked questions and got a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense in return. You're all lame. Unless you want to prove me wrong....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2010 10:19am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BLAH BLAH BLAH

I chose this school for my son for two reasons:

When I first contacted them, ( I had called about 4 different schools), they were motivated to make my son their student. ...

And number two, when I actually met the Levacs, I think I met Danny first, man this guy was pumped, motivated, and he looked my son over, had him do a couple of kicks and punches and said if he was interested he should try it out. Did I think it was an intense test? No, of course not, my son is FIVE. But my son was excited because Danny was, and positive energy in infectious. You all should be so lucky to have that kind of enthusiasm about life. My son has only been there for maybe 2 1/2 months, and he loves it. He looks up to Danny, looks up to Sifu, and is excited to go.

I'm confident in their abilities and in their personalities. When I'm there picking up my boy, I see the next class coming up, from teens to men and I see them gather ANXIOUSLY to get started. What else could you want from Instructors? They offer skills, enthusiasm and a place to channel that energy.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I'm personally offended for them, to read the things being spewed on this forum.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Linda, if enthusiasm and marketing has convinced you and your child is happy - well it's your money and your choice. There are stickies posted here for choosing a martial arts school. I would encourage you to peruse it, even if you have chosen disregard the material in the FSD threads. There is a wealth of good information on this site.

As for this thread, take it as you see fit. For me, there is doubt and trust issues right off the bat for this organization. The point was again made recently that it has been established in this discussion that the founders' credentials are invalid/exaggerated; and there have been unsubstantiated claims (e.g. multiple black belts, "barn" fighting records).

There has been a few years' worth of posts here by people with first-hand knowledge documenting in detail lineage/credential issues plus erratic behaviour (to put it mildly). I think you have probably read some posts at the beginning and end of the thread and are enthusiastic (honeymoon phase) with your son about the new martial arts experience.

If you feel that none of this has anything to do with your child's experience, your call. I do not do business with organizations that I do not trust. Martial arts training can be very expensive; and I am guessing that this is a very costly activity for your child. I would not consider putting my kids in a FSD-affiliated school.

It's your child and your money and your decision. Do what you want. It could be an enduring and happy childhood memory for your boy; but hope that you still feel like you got your money's worth in the end. All the best.
    Last edited by MrJ; 2/04/2010 10:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2010 2:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been physically assaulted by the 'Fang Shen Do elite'. I have held in my hand evidence of underhanded intimidation tactics. I have heard from people involved on BOTH sides of the arguments about what happens when a school goes it on its own. We have all here seen the sometimes sneaky and underhanded attempts at ferreting out who the posters are. There was at one point, I believe a post on here exulting in the assault on someone named Grant.

I do NOT recommend anyone give their names voluntarily to these people, no matter how much they say they've changed, until they're categorically proven to have seen the light.

And for the record, what the newbie doesn't understand is that they are merely repeating already debunked crap, and they're getting a VERY polite response, especially since they claim to have read up but mysteriously 'missed' lots of obvious stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2010 12:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys did what I said you would. You sat there and dissected every little syllable, and WHAT AN UPROAR, how dare...
    BLAH-BLAH-BLAH
    ... name is Linda Hernandez from Kingston ON, and I don't mind telling you that because I have nothing to hide...
    BLAH-BLAH
    .... Be decent, give your name, have some nuts....
    BLAH-YAWN...
    .... You did what I said you would....
    Blah...
    ineffectual twat...
    Tired of BLAHing.
    Actually you did exactly what I said you would.

You are right! I am wrong. We are all wrong. That is the only possible explanation.

Hi! My name is Old1o1 and you're not. No thanks! I'm allergic to nuts, but please feel free to stuff some in your mouth.

You really haven't asked any questions. Get some more posts up so you can pm me, maybe send me your picture, showing that you really do not have anything to hide ;) now that we are on a first name basis, Linda-kins.

Are you my little friends mouthpiece. He is pretty short, like his papa. You've been doing a slightly better job at keeping his fsd blogs readable for the working class. Looks like you lose though when posting. I like to read your posts.

They have cremes and ointments for that ineffectual twat trouble you have.

Was that a slip, the "ex friends or students" line? Didn't you read my post?

Lastly- "Dance" and Squirm, my little pug-puppet. Dance and squirm some more.

Old1o1
    Strings Attached

ps. Just curious, how do you now that kid was autistic?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2010 4:04pm

Style: Unemployed martial artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

deception, deception, deception

I just finish work and driving home when I drove by the "NEW" Kanata FSD Location. Their signage is not that great and all black. But what I found interesting is that it's just the FSD Logo and the words "Martial Arts". Do they really think people are that stupid, I must say yes! From all the bad rep they have created and chat rooms like this one, they can't just go straight out and put Fang Shen Do or Patenaude's Martial Arts, cause, people would then search on the net and find sites like this one! So instead they put a generic "Martial Arts" sign. This way the uneducated, poor sap will walk in and be sold into a membership. SHHHish. Deceptions again. When will it ever stop!

The new FSD Signage:

:bsflag:

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 3:34pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would seem that Linda Fernandez is exactly the kind of person the Fang Shen Do is looking for. Ignore FACTS. Fall for marketing. Do little to no due diligence. Be intolerant of others: that story about the parent in the waiting room is classic. Perhaps she should take the autistic kid home for a month. Wait! Maybe Linda can enroll the autistic kid in Fang Shen Do with her son. I am sure that will fix things right up. Arrogant, closed minded, and willing to ignore reality. A PERFECT fit for FSD. Someone should call CAS on her for child endangerment.:5headache

She has the lingo down - keyboard warriors! I wonder if there is an FSD primer given to prospective customers - "If you see anyone saying negative things about our school, call them internet warriors, say you are wasting time, and run away."

It is a pattern. A sad pattern.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2010 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What changes??

The Countdown is on! 25, 24, 23....

It's official... I think! fsd has less than 25 locations. 24 by the school listings on their website, and the Arnprior location does not list an address.

Question: How many schools are actually up & running with a qualified instructor?

Variety is the Spice of Existence

It would appear that more of the fsd franchise owners are adding to their own menu, perhaps to keep the franchise fee collectors at bay. Aside from instruction in fing sham du, and depending on the location, you can optionally participate in Sanshou, Yoga, MMA, BBC Kids, BBC, MC, "Sanshou Combat" (perhaps the advance Sanshou), Chinese Kickboxing, Leadership Training, Jiu Jitsu, & Weapons testing... Weapons Testing!!!

Question: Are these other (than fsd) instructions at a premium or sold as a separate instructional class? Many of these extracurriculars are listed on different nights than instruction in the traditional & fictional system of fsd.

Breathing is Tough

I notice that fsd oink. do not actually have Neigong Heavy breathing classes- just DVDs, and I would guess a seminar here and there.

They must be sitting on some of the original "150 sets" they had. martini said (and I hate to bring up that whole "patenaude's and ropes" thing again, but I will), and I quote the pitch, "I may produce just 150 sets. My hands are completely tied on this." I love the "completely tied" line!

This is another line from that pitch that I get a kick out of:
    "To anyone's knowledge, this is the FIRST time this 14th generation Wudang Neigong Master has ever been filmed... live."

The Vanity Press

From a DVD pitch by fsd oink:

Ghost voice of jp- "P.S. The first-run printing of this unique Fang Shen Do guide is only 500 copies. These won't last long. And as a special incentive for you if you order now, I'll personally autograph the first 200 books. That means you gotta really hurry to grab one of these prized editions.

Old1o1
    Grater of Cheese