230814 Bullies, 4147 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2225
Page 174 of 223 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    Guys, I've heard privately that Brian Paquette may no longer be associated with FSD. His school on Ste Catherine St in Montreal does not list his name as an owner any more. Anyone heard any news on this?
    that's actually a big news! he's always been a loyal, 100% FSD guy. i believe he was one of the first to expand the FSD curriculum by teaching grappling (no matter how crappling it was) i'd very much like to know more about this...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after a quick facebook search, i also note that his group FSD downtown MTL is gone...

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 8:24am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More D'Amour

I was by the Kanata school a day before it was posted on here that Stephane may have left the FSD fold. I was surprised to see the change. Stephane was, in my opinion, more devoted that some of the sons. He was devoted to the FSD cause. I think that he worked his a** off for them. Over the years I have heard of many FSD students at advanced (read blue and above) rankings but other than the many stories surrounding Dino's departure and Brian's ousting, I hadn't heard of instructors leaving. Now Stephane is out and Brian P is out. Interesting.

This article was in the Ottawa Sun. I don't remember seeing it posted on here before:

D'Amour adds to fight arsenal
    By DON BRENNAN, Sun Media
    Last Updated: 19th September 2009, 6:14pm

Stephane D’Amour has added a little more punch to his already impressive resume.
    The owner/head instructor of the just-turning-nine-year-old Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness Academy recently returned from Florida and an intense training program packing his certification with American Top Team, widely known as the top MMA school in the world or “the house of champions.”
    D’Amour is the first Canadian to be certified by the ATT.
    “I’m going to continue my training with them. I’m taking this all the way to the top,” said D’Amour, who completed three consecutive 12-hour days of testing under the eye of Ricardo Liborio, both the co-owner of ATT and a NAGA Grappling Hall of Fame inductee.
    ‘Very impressive’
    “It’s very impressive. (Liborio) started by saying, ‘we’re family.’ If you’re not up to snuff, he doesn’t pass you.”
    “This opens up a whole new field of associates for me.
    “Now, if someone wants to get into the world or pro fighting, I will be able to bring them to that rank.”
    D’Amour, who has locations in Kanata and Arnprior, is celebrating the anniversary of his business by bringing in Canadian champion pro fighter Mark Bocek for a three-hour seminar Sept. 28.
    Admission will be $59.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 8:36am

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Sun also posted this correction:

An article in the Sept. 20 Sun stated Ottawa's Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness Academy is nine years old. The location has operated for nine years, but was called Patenaude's School of Martial Arts until Aug. 7 when owner Stephane D'Amour decided to operate the school on his own.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 8:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canatron View Post
    I am also assuming the $3500.00 USD for the course and the Monthly $350.00 USD he is paying for ATT is MUCH less than the fees he has paid and is paying to FSD and he is getting info from real professional fighters.
    I don't know the actual fee structure for FSD management. My understanding is the owners pay their franchise fee, then they have to pay a portion of memberships and belt testing fees. I would imagine there is some sort of monthly penance that owners would pay and likely a portion of any money from seminars held at their schools. Now this is just a guess based on the things I have read here in the past (and my memory isn't so good anyway).

If those are the only fees that Stephane has to pay ATT, I would agree that it is likely significantly less than his FSD fees.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 8:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPantsless View Post
    The Sun also posted this correction:

An article in the Sept. 20 Sun stated Ottawa's Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness Academy is nine years old. The location has operated for nine years, but was called Patenaude's School of Martial Arts until Aug. 7 when owner Stephane D'Amour decided to operate the school on his own.
    Thanks for the update! It is good to have that date just for the sake of having it on record.

As with many things surrounding FSD it would be interesting to know what actually happened between FSD and Stephane (and now apparently Brian P). Was the parting amicable? Were these guys kicked out? Did they walk out?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 2:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't part on the best of terms $$$$$ I wonder if he still charges those high prices? Maybe he doesn't have to anymore.
    Any one call about the Mark Bocek seminar ? i'd like to go to that one maybe we can get more info on the phone
    volunteers anyone.

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 3:56pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noticed an ad on the front page of "24" this morning, for FSD, promoting it as "An Original Bruce Lee Mixed Martial Arts System"

Name dropping? Check!
    Jumping on a fad? Check!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 7:11pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Noticed an ad on the front page of "24" this morning, for FSD, promoting it as "An Original Bruce Lee Mixed Martial Arts System"

Name dropping? Check!
    Jumping on a fad? Check!

Yep, here's the ad in all it's glory....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 10:20pm

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I can say is Son of a bitch!