218358 Bullies, 7142 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2212
Page 173 of 222 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 2:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand a few weeks ago there were some ammy fights in Ottawa where a few Fangers stepped up to the plate. Anyone see them or have a play by play, or impressions?

I heard one guy even deserved to win but the judges called it against him.

This of course, belies the legend of FSD, since it's supposed to be devastating in seconds... however, since WE all know that it's a little bit overinflated, I would just like to hear how things have changed (or not) since the last time.

I mean, to be fair, if they can present a real offence and defence USING FSD, then that's kind of cool, but I would predict the usual 'crappy kickboxing variant' results we tend to see in these situations, simply based on the fact that that is what we almost ALWAYS see.

Would like to hear it from the horse's mouth though. And glad to see that some Fangers are going to push this art towards reality one way or the other.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 4:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: asdsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A little over a year ago I posted here slamming Stephane D'Amour. Most of my post was out of anger and the fact that I felt he had a huge part of me being swindled. I'm going to retract what i've said about him. If Stephane had part in what happened to me i'm sure he would have watched his own back. I don't know what happened between him and the FSD management but for a long time member of FSD to leave I'm sure its serious and glad that he got out. ( Good for you Stephane). Best of luck to you with ATT..
    Oh yah.. why would you bash ATT or even criticize his effort to move on where your beef is clearly with FSD or perhaps i'm missing something in the thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree, i think any comment regarding ATT cerfitication should be posted in that other lengthy thread.

is it for sure that Stephane is keeping his own fang shen do students? because the typical fanger is not really interested in MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123 View Post
    is it for sure that Stephane is keeping his own fang shen do students? because the typical fanger is not really interested in MMA.
    While I know nothing specific, the tone of the Level 1 information indicates that it doesn't generate actual MMA fighters, rather they train the moves and understand the sport, and know the basics. Higher levels seem to indicate further progress towards fighter production, but the early levels can work well with more traditional MA schools.

Now that's just my reading of the thread, and is admittedly a bit of a skim, so I could totally be wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2009 9:31pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noted the name change to "Patenaudes School of Martial Arts"....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2009 11:08am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Names / D'Amour / Pictures

[QUOTE=TheDingo;2223120]Noted the name change to "Patenaudes School of Martial Arts"....

Stupid question:
    Is that a picture of "Mike Edgar, Accountant"?

If not, does anyone have a picture of Mr. Edgar, for caparison?

++++++++
    Stephane D'Amour Stuff

>MAIA - Martial Arts Industry Association
    From the the Elite Access page:
    “It’s really simple – if you want to succeed in this business, then you need to become a member of MAIA Elite now. Don’t wait, don’t ask, ‘can I afford it,’ – just make the call! Then work with your consultant, use the tools provided by MAIA, and watch as new students continuously come through your door, and current students remain with you for a much longer period of time.” – Stephane D’Amour, Patenaude’s School of Martial Arts.

AND

This was the plan all along??

From MAIA Rag-Mag MASuckcess...success September 2009 - Pages 28, 55.

><><><><><
    From fsd's "The We Don't Fight for Trophies (or Plaques)" trophy and plaque ceremony photo page, courtesy of the fsd Laval's "Al". I see faces I recognize and some I don't.

Old1o1
    Hairy Tick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2009 7:51pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Bad! Link Fix!

Quote Originally Posted by old1o1

..... From MAIA Rag-Mag MASuckcess...success September 2009- Pages 28, 55......

Correction to bad link in my previous post: From MAIA Rag-Mag MASuckcess...success September 2009

Thanks andrewa for the heads up!

Old1o1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 6:39pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This just in folks.....

For centuries it was one of the most closely guarded secrets
    in all of ancient China... handed down
    to just 1 person each generation.

So powerful were these internal energy secrets,
    for almost 276 years the discovery of their unauthorized practice
    was an automatic death sentence.

Yet today they remain virtually unknown, even on the internet
    which has laid bare most everything formerly hidden from sight.

Now, that's about to change...
    Wudang Neigong makes a new appearance by Martin P. on it's own brand spanking new website.

It includes this gem of a quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Gaston of Montreal, Quebec
    Yet after seeing a dramatic increase in my chi energy flow after spending only a few months with Neigong, I realize now why the ancient Chinese practiced it first.
    http://wudangneigong.com/

Read and enjoy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 7:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    This just in folks.....

Amazing! Wudang Neigong bestows upon you the power to INSTINCTIVELY write chinese ideograms! If you're chinese and were brought up chinese, and trained in china, I suspect.

Incredible that they can get people into the mindset where that becomes "AMAZING!!!1!!!eleven."

Imagine if you tried to go in front of a room and draw the word 'Awesome' with a paintbrush and explain that this awesome martial art was instinctively making you paint it so well. And then everyone gave you money for BEING ABLE TO WRIIIIIIIITE! LOL

The stench is strong with this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 5:53pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I've heard privately that Brian Paquette may no longer be associated with FSD. His school on Ste Catherine St in Montreal does not list his name as an owner any more. Anyone heard any news on this?