232711 Bullies, 3380 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2230
Page 172 of 223 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the summary old101. i knew about the thread, but was too lazy to do what you just did.

i lurk at fsd facebook pages, no mention of the kanata switch anywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 11:04am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm seeing a 3 day intensive course with real qualified people, training materials, and some small amount of oversight. That sounds like a real step forward for the school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    So I'm seeing a 3 day intensive course with real qualified people, training materials, and some small amount of oversight. That sounds like a real step forward for the school.
    Agreed, looks like D'Amour will have to go for a level 2 Certification in about a year.

I am also assuming the $3500.00 USD for the course and the Monthly $350.00 USD he is paying for ATT is MUCH less than the fees he has paid and is paying to FSD and he is getting info from real professional fighters.

I'm not a big fan of three day intensives but ATT is the first MMA team and judging by the $, they won't be the last to offer such certification.

But as long as they don't give out belts I can learn to live with it as long as the coaching is top notch.

Welcome to Canada American Top Team

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 2:10pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Minor Update on Stupid Number Stuff with Strange Commentary

If fsd does not have Arnprior or Kanata schools operating, that reduces the number of schools to 22. Shrinkage, I thought that only happened in cold water.

Congrats. The ratio of instructor to school has changed!

Old = .708 instructors per school
    New = .772 instructors per school

Assumption 1 - Instructors leave their heads at home.

Assumption 2 - If the trend continues, with fsd management ousting disgruntled instructors and replacing them, but losing an actual physical address in the process, the ratio of instructor to school will increase.

Assumption 3 - Other instructors may now consider breaking away from fsd and hooking up with an ATT type outfit. They can keep that share of the profit they kickback to the fsd mother-ship. They continue to teach "Mfsd" and add MMA. It would at least cut operating costs. If they are doing the work to earn the money, they should keep the money. Get that monkey off you backs!

Assumption 4 - I should never make assumptions.

Assumption 5 - All of fsd related blogs would have terminated long ago, if only jp would have come clean and admit the many fibs he told about qualifications, what he actually was teaching, and his history - which now includes his childhood. Even the kids must have figured out that the posters in the many threads of this forum and others can't all be wrong.

All that was asked of fsd is show us the beef. All that jp has indicated is what comes out of the rear end of the beef. I suppose given enough time, fsd could actually earn the credentials that they had claimed in the past.

Old1o1
    Smug as a Slug in a Spud :new_silly

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 8:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMAFA qual's?

So my question would be what real MMA qualifications does this place have?
    Is this (aside from ATT) a fitness MMA place or do they plan on producing fighters?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Canatron View Post
    So a lunch time drive by tells me that the Kanata location MMAFA is now affiliated with American Top Team.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by demne View Post
    Is this (aside from ATT) a fitness MMA place or do they plan on producing fighters?
    That's two questions. The answer to the first is, they have ATT Level 1 Certification. What that entails has been posted.

Second question, well nobody knows yet. The place is pretty new and Stephane doesn't post here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 12:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by demne View Post

Just curious.
    yep, I count 2 questions

1) Like I said, I'm not a big fan of weekend certs but lets see where this goes for the first ATT school in Canada.

Level 1 ATT certification is basic positions, shrimping and strikes nothing complex just an MMA Base see American top team ....say it aint so thread Liborio explains in detail what is taught in the 3 days and says he will hold participants to a high standard (how high does that have to be for $3500.00 USD is the question and if they don't meet the standards do they get their money back?)

2) MAYBE if he hires real fighters to teach he will do fine.
    IMHO If he teaches MMA himself it won't last long or it will cater to kids and families for MMA Fitness.There are too many other schools in Kanata that have experienced MMA fighters and BJJ Instructors for people who want real MMA it'll be a hard sell if he has no pros

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are more details:

Business Launch Manual – about 20 pgs
    Overview offers a few suggested ways to implement the program
    Marketing Overview – they receive a Large Vinyl Banner, 2 Window Clings, and Ad Slicks on a Marketing CD to use for promoting
    Also includes Simple instructions for an ATT Launch Seminar
    Includes selling tips for group enrollment conference
    Includes a suggested class structure with a guide to a rewarding students outside of traditional belt testing
    Includes Retail Sales tips and info on ATT Merchandise access
    General Background about MMA history and rules to educate new ATT Curriculum owners –to assist in the Q&A portion of “selling” the program.

Instructor Manual – about 30 pgs
    Intended only to supplement the DVD’s – the bulk of the classes lies on the DVD’s
    Includes some stretching and Warm-Ups – though many schools prefer to use their typical stretching/warm-up routine

2 Training DVD’s with the first 8 classes are complete – Extensive information about this is only available at the certification
    Rough overview of first 8 classes
    Class 1 goes through an introduction to Basic stance s, f ootwork, strikes, jabs, clinches, takedowns, and groundwork
    Class 2 focuses on Pummeling – integrated with what was learned in Class 1
    Class 3 focuses on Kicking – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 4 focuses on Takedown Techniques – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 5 focuses on Blocking – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 6 focuses on Setting up Takedowns – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 7 focuses on Deflecting – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 8 focuses on Advanced Kicks – integrated with prior class lessons
    There will be a total of 24 classes- but the remaining classes are still in final stages of editing/authoring- Great outlines don’t exist just yet.

Classes are designed to be fairly turn-key.

Each class outline includes the following:
    An estimate of how much time will be required to watch the relevant portion of DVD
    List of necessary equipment for class
    Recommended Schedule to take approximately an hour
    Typically includes stretching/warm-up, instruction, solo drills, partner drills, review, cool down
    At the certification you will learn how you can actually make the classes more specific and by splitting every class into 3 separate classes based on Strikes, Takedowns, and Groundwork.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian JJ, former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoke to someone on the inside. Stephane D'Amour chose to leave the Patenaude organization to take his business independent. I imagine this is because he will save himself a lot of money in franchise type fees now, while still keeping his students. With the affiliation with ATT, he will attract a new group of members, so things should only go up from here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

good news

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Spoke to someone on the inside. Stephane D'Amour chose to leave the Patenaude organization to take his business independent. I imagine this is because he will save himself a lot of money in franchise type fees now, while still keeping his students. With the affiliation with ATT, he will attract a new group of members, so things should only go up from here.
    Thanks Shifty,
    So judging by your statement Stephane left of his own free will and decided he would do better without fsd.
    There is no doubt he will attract more members because of ATT, but will it be the weekend warrior type( families) or people that are ready and willing to compete?