228081 Bullies, 4563 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2222
Page 171 of 223 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 1:35pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting picture on facebook http://http://www.facebook.com/peopl...mour/875865505 maybe he is on his own. I think that he's the one on his knee? Does Anyone know him well enough to confirm and who are the other guys?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 5:07pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mike Klassen??? Who is this man?

Could someone verify the credentials of Mike Klassen, fsd's latest franchise owner? "M" claims Klassen received his black belt in 1998 under the tutelage of Sensei Sato in Japan (Sato, himself, huh!). "M" further claims that Klassen was the 1999 Heavyweight Judo Championships in Ontario. Where in Ontario? So far, all I have is "M"s word........zzzzZZZ

I did my darnedest to give due diligence. Searching the internet proved fruitless. I engaged the help of another Bullshidoist to check Klassen using his resources. Nada! Zilch!

Well... One mention on the fsd blog, but that doesn't count.

OK, it counts if you use chief wizard jp's standard of rank alchemy, he having turned his tinny belt into gold. Those Neothinkers;such a silly use of a brain.

"M" can add Klassen's paper to that pile of credential confirmations that he PROMISED to provide over the years. On the other hand, he just may have been trying to find them for all this time, not realizing that you cannot find what does not exist, grasshopper! Klassen's documentation and affiliations may remain a mystery as well. Go figure.

Old1o1
    Looking Forward to a Crow-Burger. 30 minutes or it's free!!!
    Do I get points for using colour?
    Last edited by old1o1; 9/02/2009 5:10pm at . Reason: Uhhhh... I copied off the guy beside me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So a lunch time drive by tells me that the Kanata location MMAFA is now affiliated with American Top Team.
    I don't see another Patenaude Kung Fu in Kanata so i guess they must have changed their name and are now with ATT? I would call and ask but I left on bad terms and words were exchanged. Any volunteers want to call and ask WTF is going on?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 11:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canatron View Post
    So a lunch time drive by tells me that the Kanata location MMAFA is now affiliated with American Top Team.
    I don't see another Patenaude Kung Fu in Kanata so i guess they must have changed their name and are now with ATT? I would call and ask but I left on bad terms and words were exchanged. Any volunteers want to call and ask WTF is going on?
    Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness Academy
    1120 March Rd. Unit B
    Kanata, ON K2K1X7
    PHONE: 613-271-9559

That's what the "American Top Team" HQ has listed.

Hey, maybe D'amour is not upset at all.

Old1o1
    Why would martini be upset at that? Curious, said the cat. :ingun:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so basically Steph D quit FSD then became an ATT affiliate? and FSD is trying to open up a new Kanata location? (there is no address or class schedule on the FSD website)

pretty interesting stuff!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 4:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmmm
    Interesting indeed I guess OAMA was giving him plenty of competiton in Kanata, he probably felt the need to affiliate with ATT for credibility and to keep students after all MMA is the biggest most popular sport in the world and Patenaude Kung Fu is not.
    I just hope it wasn't one of those weekend certification things? In any case he should be able to bring some big names up for seminars.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 7:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's awesome. but can anyone tell me what the certification levels are? They are listed as level 1, but it does go to three. What can one expect from a Level 1 cert?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 9:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Soup Thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    That's awesome. but can anyone tell me what the certification levels are? They are listed as level 1, but it does go to three. What can one expect from a Level 1 cert?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66023

The ATT thread is the link above, lest we all be distracted by D'Amour's path and forget about the new Teenage Ninja Turtles "foot clan" cast. You know, jp, fsd, martini, NKOTB Klassen, & credentials...

Alright! I admit I'm distracted just a little bit.

I do get a kick out of the patenuade's having to suffer an ousted fsd guy with brains enough to keep the address, change the sign, affiliate with an MMA outfit, and still remain able to teach fsd along with level whatever MMA.

jp has OK'ed D'Amour to teach fsd. seaweed jp asked this of "everyone" regarding his situation with Demile, "What would happen if a university gave out a diploma and then years later decided yours was no longer valid." Not that jp ever earned a degree, (just assumed a few belt-wise) nor do I think he should be handing them out, but if it's good enough for jp to say to Demile 'no take backs' then it seems fair for D'Amour to say the same to jp & co. If it's a name problem, D'Amour could re-brand his fsd as "Modern Fang Shen Do" or "Fang Shen Do 2000". Further to that, D'Amour can lay claim BL & Demile as lineage, just as jp did.

Old1o1
    Let's see who blinks first. I said "blink" not "wink"!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1 View Post
    D'Amour could re-brand his fsd as "Modern Fang Shen Do" or "Fang Shen Do 2000".
    oh YEAH. "Modern Fang Shen Do" FOR THE WIN!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    [QUOTE]

ask and you shall receive,I am not the reporter on this inquiry, it's from the ATT thread, thanks Old101

Here is the email they sent me in response to my inquiry.
    My words are in green and their response is in yellow.

I am interested in your MMA Program.

I have a few questions to ask about it.

Who teaches the program?

Master Ricardo Liborio is the head instructor. As you may or may not know, Mr. Liborio is a Brazilian World Grappling Champion, and in a list of about 3 names as to who the top grapplers in the world are.

In addition to Mr. Liborio, there will be half a dozen professional ATT fighters leading the certification as well as wrestling coaches, Muay Thai coaches, Olympic Boxing Gold Medalist Howard Davis (1972 olmypics) The certification takes places at ATT headquarters at their 20,000+ square foot facility. Complete with 2 full-size rings, a full size cage, weight room, training rooms, etc... It truly is unlike anything I have seen in the industry. Stepping foot into the facility leaves you with a sense of "I made a good decision."

Is ATT directly involved in the program at all?

Above answer hopefully addresses this question. Mr. Liborio is present for the entire training, (less the warm-ups)

What kind of price ranges do you have available?

Because of the professionalism and the resources provided, (having to pay 8-10 pros/coaches) and a full detailed curriculum, the pricing structure is as follows:

$3,500 for the 3 day certification, and $350 per month for 12 months. This 12 month period provides you with the dvd's covering each class (24 classes taught 2x per year or 48 weeks)

quarterly marketing material (ad slicks, business launch manual, instructor manual, etc...) In addition you are allowed to use the ATT logo to promote that you are a certified Level 1 ATT school.

(not that you are ATT, but you have been certified to teach ATT level 1 curriculum) The ATT gives you credibility of great proportion. Joe Rogan is quoted every UFC event as saying "ATT is the #1 mma camp in the country." I firmly agree.)

What different seminar certification do you offer?

I am looking for info on this for two reasons. The first is that I am curious about how someone can be trained to teach MMA in just a few short weeks. Does the certification simply let others know that you have been taught an ATT constructed program, and can teach from the manual?

We believe there is a major difference between watching dvd's and actually spending 3 days getting certified. Where you will roll around and train 3 intensive days. You truly earn your certification, and would then be capable of implementing the program.

The second is, I am looking to offer more at the school where I currently take and help instruct Tae Kwon Do.

I am not looking to train MMA fighters, just looking to add a more rounded curriculum.

This program is definitely not set up to train pro fighters. That is what ATT does, we are encouraging schools to capitalize on the mma craze, without losing their traditional roots.

Some of the schools that have been doing the program, have created stand alone programs, others use this program as an upgrade to their leadership programs. All have had great success.

One participant has 30 members in the program already.

All of this comes from Jamie Gudell at masuccess. He has referred me to one Randy Speegle. (rspeegle@centurymartialarts.com)
    I used my real name and email address for this, since I am genuinely interested. I am witholding my info for obvious reasons.

So its $3,500 for the 3 day seminar, and $350 a month for 12 months.

350 x 12 = 4200 USD
    4200 + 3500 = $7700 USD. For this you get three days with instructors and the rest comes from DVDs.
    After one year the gig is up. You have to sign up again. I am enquiring into what it takes to become a "Level 2" ATT school.

Does anyone think fsd managment missed the boat on this one and D'Amour jumped onto a bigger boat?:new_Eyecr hey hey modern Fang Shen Do LMAO