Page 17 of 224 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 181920212767117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 11:15am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    btw Askari, since I've been reading these boards I've learned that gong-sau means 'challenge' or something like that, but in FSD it meant downward-taun-sao, a really silly deviation. (yes, even sillier than a taun sao.)
    Two different words

For the low block, it usually gets romanized as 'gan-sau' or 'gaan-sau' among the chunners.

'Gong sau' as a challenge means 'to let your hands do the talking'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well new FSD vids on youtube. pretty much similar to the laronde one. one of them actually shows FSD takedowns (kimura/americana the punch... wtf?!?!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h912ZWq8wWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ep0rHDD_s

and here's sJP doing that combo that i mentioned at 0:34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usBH9KRGgl4

yeah the combo does have a nice flow in it... if your partner keeps his arm extended and lets you do it... so do WC have this or is it a FSD thing?

btw my bad for mixing up bong sau and gong sau... i checked the manual and they mentioned it as goAng sau for that low bock.

too many saus @@

edit : the timer is reversed somehow. anyways it's a short vid so...
    Last edited by fanger123; 8/01/2007 4:42pm at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 9:46pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    Is it just me or does anyone else think of this when they see craptastic **** like that?

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 10:52pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Canadian Kung-Fu bandstand...

Ths spinning stick things and jumping kicks are very pretty....guess that`s the better than Inosanto Kali at work....
    The un-alive and very dead non resisting hu-bud crap is right off videos....repeat repeat...yawn...

WOW....looks alot like an Xtreme martial arts demo....is this the boom??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 9:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Lucha Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Very pretty - but they lack leg warmers

My favorite part is the two dudes pressing the guy up while he does a full splits - very nice execution of a standard Cheerleader routine.

"Two bit! Four bits! Eight Bits HAAAAIIIIYYYAHHHHH!!!!
    FANG SHEN DO ! FANG SHEN DO! RAH! RAH! RAH!"

El Maniaco

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 6:37pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Captions that fit.

wtf!
    Discussing fsd techniques or "moves" is just plain weird. But, that up in-the-air splits thingy, now that's fsd. It might even be very exciting if someone even more feminine would do that "splits of death" thingy.

Anybody want to play "That's where jp got that from and claimed it in the name of the fsd empire"! Even his "take what looks useful, **** it up some more, and make it totally useless, if not amusingly fun to watch" philosophy, has a frighteningly similar maxim held by that other MA superpower, jkd.

I have no doubt that each and every fsd bb's, cfood included, (I smirked when I type that) could totally beat the crap out of any of the deadliest and best trained mannequins in the world... almost each and every time. However, fessing up to the real-er world be an insurmountable task for fsd with its' persistent lame claims of "street" superiority, despite it's recent foray in ring matches.(Again I smirk whilst typing.)

Even the recreational value is stifled. tkd at least has history, and it has managed to exist pretty much in it's own realm without too many crazy claims. jp probably has a trademark for the dog poop training/ indoctrination/ domination routine. (What if it's not dog ****????)

jp beleives he invented station training, has multiple bbs, and that microwave ovens are magical and very tough on kittens. He may be close to mastering levitation and invisibility. Grandmaster... now that inventive and shows the sheer genius mastery of bullshit, dogshit, **** of all kinds!

Old1o1
    Now you see, and now you don't not see me.

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 11:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding the mentioned recent FSD forey in the ring in Tristar Muay Thai tournament - does anybody have the footage of the "main event" of the evening the FSD SBP against a tristar fighter?

I still can't find any of the fights from that night on Youtube or elsewhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 10:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was the demo that bad? most demos for the general public is usually a larp fest. i thought some of the sifus looked crisp/fast in striking. i would guess that they would impress enough kids for signing up for the FREE ! FREE! one month. for the most ppl, the concept of mcdojo/bullshido doesn't exist (i know i didn't know).

anybody know why there were doing a demo in a RING?

welcome aboard MUP, i guess. please enlighten us on your background. to answer your question, the vids have not been uploaded as far as i know.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 11:05am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    was the demo that bad?
    You've got to be trolling. There are so many things wrong with the techniques shown in that demo its hard to know where to start.

Ok, no its not hard to know where to start. Start with the lack of connectivity through their bodies when they move. Hips and shoulders people!!!

Best demo ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WENBqe5c6vQ
    Last edited by Askari; 8/04/2007 11:34am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 12:20pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you don't have something nice to say don't say nothing.

I do nto know much about Martial Arts except for a few TKD classes I took in college,
    I'd also suggest that you shut your mouth until you pick up some more experience. Additionally I'd consider complaining to the 'college' you went to cause they obviously didn't help you with spelling or sentence structure.....

TKD
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt; 8/05/2007 12:38pm at .

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins