225304 Bullies, 4216 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2222
Page 169 of 223 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 11:56pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123 View Post
    http://www.fangshendo.com/blog/uploa...ure-727290.jpg

at 500$ + tax (and that's canadian tax, around 13%) per head, i say see joe made some good money over the week end.
    I figure a quick 30k, not including T-shi(r)t and DVD sales. I'm sure there was no pressure on participants to purchase the extras, including the soon to be released “2009 fsd Training Camp Commemorative DVD”. Has anyone been to this thing more than once? Are the numbers up? Never mind I'll check my autographed photo collection... whoops!

Other fsd Blog Related Stuff:

Dateline: August 13, 2009 Blog Entry
    Confirmation of the "inner circle" made by springbok martini. fsd has moved into distance education naming the programming “IC”, short for Inner Circle. For the low price of $37CAN anyone, anywhere in the world, may benefit from the fsd patenaude pending system of regurgitated nonsense that most local students pay well over $100/ month to put up with in person. I believe this new development entitles fsd to bonus points for McDojo-ism. Remember kids, always wear a tinfoil hat, even if you do distance training.

Dateline: August 10, 2009 Blog Entry
    springbok martini disses recent L.A. training experiences. Martini claims that all of his previous training experience, including that with “some of the best in the world” sucks epically compared to "fsd's weekend getaway and psychic wash and blow-dry". Word has it that Kwai Chang Caine is shamed by fsd's superiority to his Shaolin temple and bait shop.

Say what you want about the fsd training camp, they have a ridiculous valet service!

Dateline: August 6, 2009 Blog Entry
    springbok martini indicates that fsd's hypnotic mind control experiments are once again successful. Martini, or “M” as he currently goes by thanks to his fictitious affiliation to MI-6, seemed delighted with the results of the latest three day trial on human subjects stating, “At the end of the camp most students can't believe all the things they've done over the course of 3 short days.”

Students who don't follow fsd camp doctrine suffer summary paint-ball execution.

Parents were reassured by management that the recent fsd “Kids Summer Camp” was indeed a fun time for the kids, despite what stories the little critters tell when they get home. However, the kids did have to work hard to benefit from the program. To keep costs down, no actual child psychologists were employed to help kids deal with any of their fears, for example, fear of heights or zip lines or plain white rice lunches.

Children are forced to mow lawn by chewing the grass down to exactly 5cm.

This child simply claimed he was tired. The caregiver said "I'll show you tired!" and promptly had the child rotate the tyres on compound's tractor.

This child failed to pay his monthly fee. The instructor cheerfully informs the child of the immediate foreclosure and sale of his home, parents, and his three-legged blind dog.

Dateline: July 23, 2009 Blog Entry
    post scriptum by “M”.
    P.S. Eddie told me I strike harder than most world champions he's worked with, If you would like to find out how I do that you might want to take a look at this.
    springbok "m" in action

(note to martini- post scriptum has nothing to do with placing a stamp inside your anus.)

Old1o1
    The part about the IC makes this post legit, right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many fsd "BB"s are in the fsd community?
    How many fsd black belts have fsd franchises?
    How many black belts had to sign an agreement not to teach fsd in order to get their BB rank?
    I'd like to see copies of their contracts and agreements. Anyone here want to ink out their names and dates, et cetera, and post them up? I'd like to see what language they use to limit students and how they avoid any liability. You can just PM me copies, but I would like someone with a deeper understanding of such things to do the translation from legal-speak.
    Is fsd going strong or is it running ass-out, pulling out all the stops, such as the IC distance training, to compensate for loss of paying students?

Old1o1
    I wonder what Malcolm Gladwell would gleam from the fsd phenomenon?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 9:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe though i lol'd, don't make YMAS-style comments too much!

to answer one your question, i recognize 4 people that have been to the annual camp before. of those, subtract 2 since they are now school owners (i don't think they should count) and so there are at least 2 fangers who just keep attending training camps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 7:10pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari View Post
    Fat instructors are universally insulted on Bullshido. Scott is not being singled out. There are entire threads dedicated to it with pictures from all over the web. It is a complete joke the number of McDojos that have crappy instruction and the 300 pound instructor.
    While this is an old part of the conversation, I read this today which has a bearing on the matter (and it's written by the Sibok himself}

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Patenaude
    The quest for attaining a higher level of physical conditioning is sought after by many Martial Artists. So many fail and run out of steam or some become complacent or satisfied with their results. If a Martial Arts instructor promotes health and physical conditioning then his own image should portray just that. But in so many cases that's not the case. How many times do we see overweight instructors with 10 to 15 years of training and has nothing to show for it? There's nothing wrong with being overweight. The question is: What have they been doing for those 15 years?
    http://web.archive.org/web/200011011.../text/art1.htm

While I believe that attacking someone's girth is often a childish and weak argument, Seebok Martin's own words "weigh" in on the matter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 7:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, a question for ex-fsd'ers out there 2002 era -- what was this "Internaltional Fang Shen Do Federation" thing all about ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    Okay, a question for ex-fsd'ers out there 2002 era -- what was this "Internaltional Fang Shen Do Federation" thing all about ?
    that's before my time (2004-2006), probably some bullshit made up federation. it was never mentioned during my 2 year stint at FSD.

i do however recall that FSD had some kind of connections with other MA schools outside of Canada. students could train at other schools and stuff like that. i think it was a website/group that promoted this exchange, and FSD was part of it. someone posted this awhile back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 9:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123 View Post
    that's before my time (2004-2006), probably some bullshit made up federation. it was never mentioned during my 2 year stint at FSD.

i do however recall that FSD had some kind of connections with other MA schools outside of Canada. students could train at other schools and stuff like that. i think it was a website/group that promoted this exchange, and FSD was part of it. someone posted this awhile back.
    Therien has the WKF (World Kubuto Federation I believe) that FSD are members of.

I was combing through the wayback machine to find as many variations of Jacque P.'s bio as I could find (to see if anything noteworthy could be gleaned), I came across the the link to the image of the federation -- and hadn't heard of it before so I thought I would ask.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 12:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian JJ, former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained from about 2001 to 2006 with FSD. Although I saw a logo for this federation on the website when I was originally going to sign up, in the time that I trained it was never mentioned once. I still to this day have no idea what it is or was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 5:14pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seeing that 'International Federation' ad too when I was perusing the FSD website on the Wayback Machine. It was there for a while and then disappeared probably because.....not ONE single person/club/school/organization wanted to be part of it.

In fairness to them they're not the first martial arts organization that has tried this type of 'federation'. Basically you associate yourself with them get discounts on seminars, products etc., plus a newsletter and of course a patch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fsd Kanata instructor is out. New guy is in. Who was the previous owner/franchisee? Does anybody have the dope on this situation?

Old1o1
    ?????????