232670 Bullies, 3888 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2230
Page 165 of 223 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 7:45am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    Hahaha!!!So that's how it goes...Go all out bashing FSD...BUT HEY LEAVE MY PRECIOUS BJJ OUTTA THIS OKAY!!!
    You missed the 300 other threads on this board that bash on parts of the BJJ establishment.

This thread is about FSD.

Do a search and learn to read.

Edited:nifoc beat me to it.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 8:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, and there's the issue right?

If tomorrow there was a new martial art invented that could be used to defeat any current fighter, I would go into MY school, and my teachers would be showing it to me.

And Fangers would still be punching air.

REALLY cool logo though. I love that logo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 6:59pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Adding some emphasis on passages of interest...

Quote Originally Posted by FSD Blog -- July 2nd, 2009
    Training with Gene Lebell and Gokor Chivichyan

As you might of noticed I haven't been writing recently because of something important.

You know how I'm constantly trying to push you to reach for your goals, to step out of your comfort zone, and really reach for what you want in life.

The same thing applies to me and my family.

We practice what we preach.

I'm in Los Angeles right now.

Only 4 days have gone by and I've already worked with some of the biggest names in the martial arts world.

And you know what?

No Attitude. No Egos. No childish whining like what usually goes on martial art forums and discussion boards. Just training and sharing.

And I'm loving it!

The best schools in the world are the ones who promote harmony between the different styles and schools and focus on one thing:

Making sure more people practice martial arts.

The very first school I visited was considered the toughest so I thought, why not start with that one!

Gene Lebell is the last of a dying breed. Before meeting him I could just imagine how the strongmen of old and the oldtime wrestlers would interact.

Imagine? No more.

Dubbed the "Godfather of Grappling" it was a privilege for me to meet and train with his students and get to roll with his # 1 student, Gokor.

A great experience and a start of a long term relationship with their organization.

What I like about this school is even within their grappling they do not limit themselves to one style. Not just Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or not just Judo. They borrow from all styles aforementioned as well as Sambo and Catch as Catch Can.

Gene Lebell and Gokor "The Armenian Assassin" Chivichyan

My stay here is looking to be very productive and fruitful for FSD
    . I'll let you know tomorrow who I worked with on my second day here.

Stay tuned,

Sibok M

Now a few tidibits come out of this:

No Attitude. No Egos. No childish whining like what usually goes on martial art forums and discussion boards. Just training and sharing.

Ahhhh, she-bok martanus have we hurt your feelings?

Only 4 days have gone by and I've already worked with some of the biggest names in the martial arts world.

Notice, he said "worked with" not "trained under" -- which he's implying that he's working with a professional relationship, as equals.

You are trying to inflate your ego, and pump up your self-importance Martini.

Going to Lebell's school, paying for mat time and rolling with some students does not qualify as "working with" someone. Nor does getting your picture taken with someone.

[...] and a start of a long term relationship with their organization.

Is he now stating that there is now a formal association between Lebell's school and his? That's interesting... I wonder if they know that.

I see that the apple does not fall far from the tree. Next you'll be claiming to have multiple black belts in multiple martial arts or have secret wudang nigong knowledge that was a secret for centuries that you'll pass on for a special low price just for me....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 11:05pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's something interesting - nothing really new but it does offer some more insight. It's from James Demile's "Wing Chun Do" website from 1998 which makes this possibly the earliest reference to Mr. Patenaude that we can find on the internet. Please note the boldface is mine.

http://web.archive.org/web/199812070...m/wcdinst.html

Authorized Instructors in Wing Chun Do

To clarify instructors and their level of authorization to teach, a list has been created. The list shows the individuals who have some sort of certification from Sijo (founder) James W. DeMile. The list only deals with those who are still active. Any questions regarding anyone not listed on the list or who is retired, may direct their questions to Sijo DeMile at his Email address - sijo@wingchundo.com

A single asterisk (*) shows an instructor only went through the basic period (no ranking system was established).
    A double asterisk (**) shows they went through phase four (as outlined in the history). A ranking system of White, Yellow, Grey, Blue, Green, Brown, Black was established for intermediate level, but was discarded to reflect changes after 1990.
    A triple asterisk (***) shows they have either completed the advanced level and are fully certified or have basic certification and are in training to complete the advanced level. "Retired" means the individual has withdrawn from WCD and has gone on to pursue his own thing. If he is still a member of WCD in any capacity, such as an affiliate or associate member, then he is still recognized as part of WCD history. Retired members are always keep on file and their history may be obtained by contacting the WCD headquarters.
    Full certification of any instructor not only means he has completed his probationary period of teaching with honors, but has also shown the maturity, integrity and commitment to the philosophies of WCD.

Bruce Lee - Hong Kong - Seattle
    James W. DeMile - Seattle
    ***Ronald Ogi - *Kimo Wong - retired
    **John Beall retired - *Jim Clark retired - *Jacques Patenaude retired -Read disclaimer [Note the single asterisk!]- *Larue Clemons - retired
    Korbett Miller - Retired - ***Mark Faulkner - ***Chris Blanke - ***Rocco Ambrose - **James Calvin - **Kamal Shamoun - Frank "Shaun" Pochik - retired - Read disclaimer- **Dennis Stom - Paul Chessare retired - Read disclaimer- *Kwok Tom retired
    Richard "Rick" DeMile Retired - ***Kenneth DeMile (1995) - ***Francois Arambel (1996) - **Aaron Frias Retired (1997) - ***Keven Caldwell (1998)

Jacques Patenaude - Retired - (DISCLAIMER) Attended a two week basic instructors program in 1979 in Sedro Wooley, Washington. Attended a few weekend training seminars. Did not train past the basics. Made a copy of WCD training notes without permission and was allowed to keep them with the promise he would not publish them in any form. He abused the agreement by publishing articles from the notes on the WCD wooden dummy training, Phon Sao and made a video on Closing the Gap techniques in WCD. The tape is an embarrassment to the WCD system since the techniques shown were not only incorrect, but poorly done. Jacques was not authorized to award rank past the grey basic level but went on to award Black Belts for technique that had nothing whatever to do with Wing Chun Do. He was instructed to stop using the name WCD in his teaching. He changed his style's name but still says it is from Modern WCD, which is grossly misleading. We did not know what Jacques teaches as of Jan. '96, but it has no relationship to the Wing Chun Do system that is recognized around the world for simplicity, efficiency and practicality.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 8:42pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Photo op or not. That would be a cool training experience.

Shows signs of a positive direction.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 9:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari View Post

I would agree if it wasn't for the classic FSD spin on it.

But it does seem that he is embracing cross training which is good -- but how much will get filtered down to the FSD curriculum or will the students still be doing the Phon Sao #4 and chain punching in the air ad nauseum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 12:11pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari View Post

I think I would give positive direction points to the real worker, Stephane. We haven't heard much of anything from him, but if he is still out there actually participating in change, then I say he is the one to watch for showing humility enough to get his butt tossed around in an effort to really learn something tangible.

Cyborg Martini is a mouthpiece, and a name dropper supreme, who is way to full of himself to allow untouchables near. He is a slightly more sophisticated version of seejoke dada, but his glad-mouthing and photo-ops are hardly equivalent to training. I think that martini wants to be the martial arts red carpet equivalent of Joan Rivers, except she is prettier.

I say that in a year or two Stephane will bear the fruit of serious cross discipline training and will leave fsd as it is, a pile of dust waiting for the door of reality to open so it can blow away. (soapy?)

So Staphane, are you doing the real thing?

Old1o1
    Don't go breaking my heart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 9:02pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another tidbit about FSD in, of all places, "Muscle and Fitness" magazine. After 'Men's Health', M&F is the (or one of the) largest selling fitness magazines which gives FSD the exposure they so richly deserve.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/features/251?print=1

"Despite his onscreen status as the Baryshnikov of violence, targeting enemies with choreographed, flashy perfection, Bruce Lee's personal martial arts philosophy was all about efficiency and practical application. "There's no mystery about my style," he said. "Too much horsing around with unrealistic stances and classic forms and rituals is just too artificial and mechanical...a guy could get clobbered while getting into this classical mess."

Not all styles share Lee's edicts for truth in combat. Here's our guide to those that have more in common with P.T. Barnum than B.J. Penn:"
    [A few other styles are mentioned.]

HEART BREAK

Cardiovascular fitness has no place in Fang Shen Do's dojo: The Canadian martial art instructs students to feign having a heart attack during an altercation. When your adversary relaxes, you strike, because we all know how concerned car-jackers are about your well-being.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 11:45pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    Cardiovascular fitness has no place in Fang Shen Do's dojo: The Canadian martial art instructs students to feign having a heart attack during an altercation. When your adversary relaxes, you strike, because we all know how concerned car-jackers are about your well-being.
    Thanks for the laugh! You're right! They do deserve this kind of coverage.

Old1o1
    Chuckling Away

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found this thread the other day.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1064410

It's started by some brown sash in FSD.

It's a short thread, but here's the meat of the threat -- I've added some emphasis:

If any of you have the same problem I do, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

You're about to get into a fight - a real one. And your heart starts beating a thousand times faster. Your knees go weak, your arms go frail and you feel like anything you do will not hurt him.

This feeling... it brings you down so much that you can hardly fight properly. Some people say it's adrenaline but I know it's not. Because adrenaline gets you pumped and it helps you. This feeling is pure fear.

The funny thing is, I'm a very good fighter.

I'm a brown belt in fang-shen-do Kung-Fu, and I beat my opponenet 90% of the time. I'm the top of my class for grappling and I'm quite good at sparring as well.

But when your on the street and you get confronted, or you show up to a scheduled fight - you get this intense fear that brings you down.

I've been reading up on it and I asked my Sifu and everyone says there's a way to harness this to make you better but it brings me down so much.

Is it the crowd? Is it the fact he might be armed? Does anyone else ever get this feeling?
    Followed later by this post:
    So it IS adrenaline?

Isn't adrenaline supposed to help you? It just makes me scared. I got into a fight the other day and I almost puked on the guy.

I got beat bad too. There was so much blood coming out of my nose you'd think someone sliced it off. The other guy walked away with a cut lip, chipped front tooth, and two sprained knuckles from how hard he hit me.

But basically I got owned. And the feeling didn't help at all. It was like I was afraid to close in.
    Summary:
    So a brown sash in FSD, who thinks he's a very good fighter (since he beats other FSD students 90% of the time), got owned in a street fight, and can't handle the adrenaline rush without puking.

But he still thinks he's a good fighter. :)

Functional, Simple, Direct. But only against other fangers.