222104 Bullies, 3304 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2212
Page 164 of 222 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 10:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fangers in action!

check out this guy's collection

http://www.youtube.com/user/daydaysnolimits

among them, this is a bit more interesting

YouTube - U-TKO fight club in a party

i suspect the fanger is the one billed as "Jiu jitsu kickboxing kung fu san shou". they called him cedric and he is also in other FSD sparring vids.

the fanger "won" the last round, but himself seemed to disagree with the result :)

at least this show that some fangers are not afraid to "compete" and i think the newer fangers do not have the FSD >>>> all other MA's mentality. The guy's mount defense seemed... weak (esp. when billed as a jiujitsu guy!!!). Then again, i've never sparred grappling+striking so i won't criticize.

i don't agree with everything that's going on in this vid (the small space, the crappy kempo gloves) but in all i think it's a healthy sign from the newer fangers. it's too bad that seabok is still spitting out bullshit http://www.fangshendo.com/neigong_dvd.html
    Last edited by fanger123; 6/17/2009 10:15pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    The title means he is senior to other instructors in the association."

No it doesn't. 'Sibok' means 'uncle who is an older brother to my father'. It's not a title at all. It's just a way to refer to someone.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:56pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sibok

This notion of Martin being named Sibok has been around for at least eight years. I have no idea when he actually started using it as a title but sJP announced it at some point and the sifus all started referring to it. It went away for a while but obviously resurfaced recently.

I suppose they have to call him something if sJP is actually going to fade into the background. It wouldn't look good for business if there was not a single head of the organization from a teaching perspective. We all know they are all about appearances.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 11:06pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must watch a lot of "deadliest warrior" budday. *geek voice* hey, sensei, who d'you think would win in a street fight a karate guy or a tae kwon do guy? "Gee I don't know...you need to go back to the drawing board and take time to consider that styles don't matter... "

OR if you're YOU of course the answer would be "NEITHER a BJJ "fighter" would beat them both!!

Here's why BJJ needs to evolve. Where's the striking. Sure there's only a few strikes in boxing , thai and other stand up arts, but it's easier to learn than a million transitions from simple BJJ positions. so why not empty your cup, and take some time to hit something. OR we us AVERAGE JOES can transition from twister side control to banana split our opponents...please How can you get a black belt in a Martial Art but never punch something...OH YEAH THAT'S right, cuz it's easier to tap out from an arm bar and learn from it, than it is to take a punch to the nose and learn from it. Take the road less travelled by and MIX IT UP MAN.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BJJ. I'll roll until the day I day...even though I am currently practicing Kyokushin. But C'mon guys, once you know the ****...bring the JJ. Like a car, it needs maintaining, but you dont need to keep re-painting it every day...however, you do need to change the oil every so often. Kind of comparable to Standup. If you stop, you lose it. if you lose it...you do BJJ

haha, I was BORRRN a ramblin' man. No hard feelings.
    respecfully Rene

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:07am

Style: MoonRunX

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Last Page

Well as far as I know it goes 2 the last page uve viewed or something unless u press last page but maybe one of the other mods can help u a little bit more. Im not completely sure about this

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:49am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bolognama View Post
    You must watch a lot of "deadliest warrior" budday. *geek voice* hey, sensei, who d'you think would win in a street fight a karate guy or a tae kwon do guy? "Gee I don't know...you need to go back to the drawing board and take time to consider that styles don't matter... "

OR if you're YOU of course the answer would be "NEITHER a BJJ "fighter" would beat them both!!

Here's why BJJ needs to evolve. Where's the striking. Sure there's only a few strikes in boxing , thai and other stand up arts, but it's easier to learn than a million transitions from simple BJJ positions. so why not empty your cup, and take some time to hit something. OR we us AVERAGE JOES can transition from twister side control to banana split our opponents...please How can you get a black belt in a Martial Art but never punch something...OH YEAH THAT'S right, cuz it's easier to tap out from an arm bar and learn from it, than it is to take a punch to the nose and learn from it. Take the road less travelled by and MIX IT UP MAN.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BJJ. I'll roll until the day I day...even though I am currently practicing Kyokushin. But C'mon guys, once you know the ****...bring the JJ. Like a car, it needs maintaining, but you dont need to keep re-painting it every day...however, you do need to change the oil every so often. Kind of comparable to Standup. If you stop, you lose it. if you lose it...you do BJJ

respecfully Rene
    Hey Bolognama, what Fang Shen Do location do you attend?

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:59am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...please How can you get a black belt in a Martial Art but never punch something....
    Well, there is the fairly new art of judo, you may have heard of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2009 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

respecfully Rene
    i don't see the point of this post. this is not a bjj nuthugging thread. discuss issues pertaining to FSD or go to youtube to post your thoughts.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha!!!So that's how it goes...Go all out bashing FSD...BUT HEY LEAVE MY PRECIOUS BJJ OUTTA THIS OKAY!!!C'mon I mean you have been hitting FSD for I don't know how long, at least let Bolonama says a LITTLE something about your art.Seriously I really love BJJ too but do you realise what you are doing.I mean it's been at least a year now of "FSD this and that" and none of us said anything hurtful (as far as I know) and now when somebody declares he loves BJJ but think that you are not a complete martial artist without standup moves you all come crying and almost attacks him...grow up!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 4:24am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    I have no idea how a forum works and I DO KUNG FU, so you all need to grow up!
    Yeah, who cares?

The thing is that this thread is about FSD, not BJJ. You want to discuss the lack of strikes in BJJ, start a thread dealing with that, or use the search function to see if one already exists.

Now, go sit in the corner until you grow up and contribute to the discussion.