223597 Bullies, 4133 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2212
Page 160 of 222 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    indeed it's ironic that bullshido made FSD better. Marc Beauchamp is the newer gen. of FSD instructors. Hell of a nice guy.

But ask him. Did he ever fought in a cage? The answer will be NO. So what makes him qualified to teach MMA?

If you choose to stay a fanger, that's fine. just be aware that you are being ripped off. you are paying top dollars for sub par instructions. there is no denying this.

noob
    i thought that the MTL downtown location was the only one offering "MMA". Are ontario schools doing this too?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 10:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    his 20-something years in MA makes him qualified (+ his many competitions)
    Last edited by Patatoseur; 5/10/2009 10:51pm at . Reason: and I don't know about Ontario schools but my guess would be yes

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 10:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And it's nice to see somebody respecting me and my choices (as bad as they may sound to you)...thank you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 10:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    So you still think 'ma' means real fighting.

Well at least in a ring there's a ref to pull the guy off you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 11:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way he tried other MA as well

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 7:27am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Collecting Information????

by the way he tried other MA as well
    I still don't understand you. Just for the hell of it, please post all the questions you asked you senior.

Old1o1
    Pataoseur- Feel free to PM me!
    I need someone to talk to! ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 8:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1 View Post
    Buying and having a cage doesn't make fsd MMA. If I buy a race car, that doesn't automatically make me a race car driver.
    Actually, it's an MMA because they have now mixed over 150 martial arts, AND Canadian Jiu Jitsu!!!1!!1

*cough*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 9:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so he competed.. but unless he competed in full contact kickboxing/boxing or sub wrestling, i don't see how his "competitions" make him qualified to teach you how to fight "in a cage".

regarding his 20 years in MA? this general statement doesn't mean much. i mean, if you want to compete in TKD, you don't want pointers from a BJJ guy, even a Mundial champion.

at any rate, i suggest you drop by at another school for a free class. even if you decide to stick with FSD, you'll be surprised how you'll improve by leaps and bounds at another legit school and end up owning fangers during sparring. and this is based from my experience when i began to train outside of FSD!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 10:15am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123 View Post
    so he competed.. but unless he competed in full contact kickboxing/boxing or sub wrestling, i don't see how his "competitions" make him qualified to teach you how to fight "in a cage"....
    jp has never, ever, competed in any MA event aside from a point tourney way back before he painted his yellow belt black. That makes it the 70's boyz. Long hair, rock music, and as jp used to pronounce the band's name, "Lead Zep-po-lynn".

The cage purchase is like the Beamers they used to drive, all for looks.

Old1o1
    Watch it, or I'll punctuate you out!

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 7:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I havent read all this ****... but anyway, here is my first post after.. hum... 3 years browsing these boards.

If anyone cares to hear my story from this years training camp, I'm ready to share it.

As of me, I have been a member of Fang Shen Do for something around 3 years until I quit some months ago. I first heard of it from a friend at school, telling me how great it was, how intense the classes were, and I decided to try. I was really impressed, hadn't done much martial arts in the past since i hated all that kata bullshit and stuff (i also had a lot of predjudices on most martials arts, thinking how they are useless and not adapted to the real thing... anyway).

After my first class i spoke with my soon to be sifu's assistant, a really nice guy called Mathieu who now teaches in aylmer. So I was told i could get off the membership fee if i started paying now (saving a couple of bucks) I told him to write down the prices so i could show them to my father (who paid my class these 3 years).

Back home, i looked up the fang shen do on google, finding their website as the second result (the first one being the "A former student's..." tread) I looked a bit on their (at the time) really ugly website, then went to that forum thread. So, from the start i knew about the bullshit around that school, but it somewhat made me curious and i like that first class, so i decided to subscribe for six months.

These months went on pretty well so i kept subscribing until recently. I was well into my green belt at this point, and would be at my brown belt now if i had the motivation, but i lost it all after the training camp. The camp was a good experience, as it made me realise the instructor I respected and devoted my time learning from all these years didnt deserve any of it. After the training camp i decided to keep going to the class, as i might manage to forget about it, (and because i had subscribed for like 5-6 months after that camp and wanted to use the rest of it). I saw i wasnt able to follow my instructor anymore, I wouldnt care to actually impress him anymore, i didnt want to go any further (as brownbelt also means masters club, teaching to other students all that stuff...).

Initially, i did the training camp because i planned to get brownbelt in the forecoming months.
    Last edited by CochiseGus; 5/20/2009 7:48pm at .