• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 16 of 223 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 171819202666116 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2007 11:16am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    new fanger annual bokken seminar pictures at facebook.

enough to make a real kendo guy/girl puke. seriously, what the **** is point in learning the katana annually? and why is a CMA derived art teaching kendo?!!?

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 3:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I joined the FSD school in Woodbridge last year and I quit once they closed their school... It was Patrick Nolans school but for some reason it closed just after Sijo opened the one in downtown Toronto... I always wondered why he had to close his school but teach in Toronto for the one Sijo owned... seems like Patrick got the worse end of the deal and was either forced to close his school to focus on Toronto or was paying too much money to keep his Woodbridge school open. Whatever happened it weirded me out and I wasn't gonna drive to Toronto to keep training so I joined a gym instead and it was better and easier on the wallet...

I didn't like their bbc program how it cost more but you don't get good training without it... A kid went to class for a bit who did Muy Thai seemed to have far better skills for attacking and I didn't feel like I was learning much... Glad I left but these forums and stories don't surprise me either...

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 12:03am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1monthfree?
    I didn't like their bbc program how it cost more but you don't get good training without it... A kid went to class for a bit who did Muy Thai seemed to have far better skills for attacking and I didn't feel like I was learning much... Glad I left but these forums and stories don't surprise me either...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

You guys aren't even trying anymore!

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 9:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    did 1monthfree quit as forum member? gives me no user found when i click on him...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 12:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm posting way too often here but eh i don't want this to die out

perhaps ex chunners can help (askari, old101?) about this combo i learned in FSD, that i always found weird.

it's gong sau + pak sao + lop sau + back hand.

the part i found bizarre was the gong sao + pak sao bit. imagine GS with right hand (deflecting to left) then pak sao with left (deflecting to right). i always thought that would direct the punch back to the head?

does this combo also exist in WC?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 4:31pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why dont you want this to die out?

Also, I hope you are trolling and that you actually know what "Gong Sau" translates as.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 7:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am not trolling.

perhaps i'm mixing up techniques... maybe it was bong sau? or goang sau?

sJP performs the said technique in one of the youtube technique. i'll post a link after i'm off work.

and as long as FSD exists, i think would be fangers and current fangers need to find the info on this board, instead of www.sijosroots.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 10:36am

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the one you're talking about. It was bong-sau. Although completely unrealistic and impossible to pull off, I used to like that combo :) I have no doubt though that the wing chun that FSD plagiarized was total ****, even for wing chun.

btw Askari, since I've been reading these boards I've learned that gong-sau means 'challenge' or something like that, but in FSD it meant downward-taun-sao, a really silly deviation. (yes, even sillier than a taun sao.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 10:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrmecophilous
    btw Askari, since I've been reading these boards I've learned that gong-sau means 'challenge' or something like that, but in FSD it meant downward-taun-sao, a really silly deviation. (yes, even sillier than a taun sao.)
    The actual poster has been included in some of the original threads, in case you are having problems remembering your drills. *grin*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 11:01am

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    The actual poster has been included in some of the original threads, in case you are having problems remembering your drills. *grin*
    Wait.. what? Have I got that wrong?

edit: vv ahh, thank you for the clarification. Now that you mention it, I think they spelled it goang-sao.
    Last edited by myrmecophilous; 8/01/2007 1:25pm at .