223953 Bullies, 3756 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2212
Page 159 of 222 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right I'm sick of you guys understanding what YOU want to understand...he said, I'm EVEN ready to give you private lessons...he didn't say I would get killed otherwise...he really felt I was ready to enter a cage as I am (seriously I don't really think so but I could be really soon).And no he didn't tell me the cost but you can bet it's pretty astronomical.And yes last FSD tournement was only 30$ (was a special event though).And I would gladly appreciate if you would repeat why you quitted FSD...or give me any link.Thanks in advence (do we say that in english).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 5:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the Fanger as well but is there any name for ALL kung fu style's students

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 5:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like Kung futeka or Kung Fuer or I don't know

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 6:43pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    he really felt I was ready to enter a cage as I am
    A coaches job is to tell you when you are ready.

There are upcoming events in the Gatineau and Ottawa areas. Promoters are always looking for fighters. Your instructor has told you that you are ready, contact Hybrid or W1 and get on the card.

The general term you are looking for is 'Kung Fu Practitioner' as in someone who practices KF - Or a 'Practitioner of __ing __un' - shocking that a fanger wouldn't know this.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 7:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for both infos...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 7:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and I already knew about the Kung Fu practitionner...but you know I was just wondering...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 8:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    patatoseur

reasons i quit were multiple.

as most ex fangers, i initially loved FSD (did it for 2 years). Even tried to bring as many of my friends. No one will deny that FSD will get you in better shape, though some might argue that you can get the same benefit from going to a gym and have a personal trainer. But i admit training in FSD was fun. But after 2 years, i left because :

1)Most of the so called takedowns/escapes will NOT work on a resisting opponent. What's the point of drilling technique that's not usable?

2)Discrimination as per membership. Even during the same class, BBC members would do things differently than regular members. It was all about making BBC look cool. And among BBC, they treated the Master's members differently.

3)Stupid drills. Take a look at this

YouTube - intensity

at 1:30 mark you'll notice guys doing drills in the background. They are absolutely useless. They almost felt like material to kill class time. (one guy steps in with a telegraphed punch, you avoid and punch. with no contact of course). Focus pads drills were too few.

4)weapons training. I did competitve fencing as a youth, and i knew that sparring was an important part of weapons training. Yet in FSD, you do the same drills over and over with no sparring (never in my 1.5 yrs as a BBC member).

5)The grappling seminars. After dabbling in BJJ for 2 weeks (before i quit FSD), all the flaws of FSD grappling teaching became apparent. Granted, since they now have a separate BJJ instructor, i guess they are better in this.

6)after the initial "hey i got fit!" , FSD had nothing to offer. Sparring classes were few. Things got boring quite fast.

7)the sordid history. nuff said.

and would you mind telling me who your sifu is? can't tell? why, you think that fsd monitor this site? ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 9:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Found on floor at movie theater.

Found a flyer. Hmm.... MMA training! Could be interesting!

MMA is good, right?

But wait, what's on the other side?

Oh noooo, wait a minute!

In the immortal words of George Takei.... OH MY!
    Last edited by n00b; 5/10/2009 9:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 9:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    All right I'm sick of you guys understanding what YOU want to understand...he said, I'm EVEN ready to give you private lessons...he didn't say I would get killed otherwise...he really felt I was ready to enter a cage as I am
    As much as I think this would be hilarious, in the interests of safety, get a second opinion before you do it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 9:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how spiritual...my instructor is Marc Beauchamp...well...thanks to you my research is almost over.You really helped me discover my art and I know see it with another eye (still love it as much as before though...sorry).But I will compare and all.Thanks to you all guys (I'll probably stay around though so if you still have questions/comments or the other way around go ahead as I'll do).You know...I understood that FSD got better since YOU guys started bashing us on Bullshido (kinda ironic) so I guess I gotta thank you!!!Continue all you want (stay objective though).Well, see you around.