230807 Bullies, 4286 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2225
Page 158 of 223 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 11:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know if I'll do it now though,It was pretty expensive since it's not organised by FSD,you know...the federation sends email to a lot of school in a same area...but he made his point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 1:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    Don't know if I'll do it now though,It was pretty expensive since it's not organised by FSD,you know...the federation sends email to a lot of school in a same area...but he made his point.
    If you don't compete, you don't know if you can use your skills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 8:23am

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only reason we don't necesseraly push our students to get in is because it's pretty expensive and we think you should keep your money for personnal developpement[sic]
    Too expensive? Most grappling tournaments I've been to were approximately $100US. And wouldn't competing be good for "personal development"?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 9:43am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Patatoseur,

Hmmm, I like how you memorized your Sifu's speech word for word. You're better at memorizing conversations than I am.

lfrom my point of view ground fighting in FSD is an extra compared to many other Kung Fu style and I didn't even knew we had some...so who cares if it's still not the best MA has to offer yet...it's kinda still work in progress...
    So many contradictions in the above that it was painful to read.
    It was pretty expensive since it's not organised by FSD,you know...
    You think it would be cheaper if it was organized by FSD?

Your Sifu is wrong about this as well. Ask if FSD ever entered a tournament before the first post about them on Bullshido.

Most tournaments I have entered have been from $25 to $100 depending on the level of the tournament. There have been 2 in the last month less then $50 around here. One was a guaranteed 2 matches even if you lost both. The other was dirt cheap and fun.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 10:11am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's what it was about...100$.And YES I will eventually attend tournements.And like I said, I am alrady testing my skills with people about my expenrience in other styles,I also have tested my skills 4 times in real street fight (I already all said that guys).And by personnal developpement he was talking about stuff for your mind (of course he gave me exemple of some seminars and it didn't even surprised me) but I get his point. But,being a pretty competitive person, you can be sure to see me fighting in a cage or a ring...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the reason I remebered almost word for word what he said was because when I wrote that down I just came back from the Dojo...really it was like 15 minutes after so...Hey I have a question that's been in my mind since a long time: Somebody who does karate is called a karateka, somebody doing Judo is called a Judoka...what is called somebody doing Kung Fu (please don't answer a dumbass or a fag or else...I'm looking for a real answer)

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 10:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose it depends on what their kung fu is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 11:29am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quack, quack..

If not can I understand that you think WC is crap as well because don't forget that FSD is mainly based on WC plus a little JJ (since John Therien has started working with sJP) and some muay thai,kickboxin and stuff but MAINLY WC and JJ (well I guess lot of you quitted before JJ was implanted accorind to FSD's site it's only been there since 2007)
    Stop that!!! I'm very sensitive to the "FSD is mainly based on WC". It's hardly based on much of anything. To me that's, like saying all MMA is based on Manga!

Sorry, I was having a moment! I got to quit using my wifes estrogen cream for my dry hands!

Old1o1
    Knit one, Pearl one

ps. I love the "before the JJ was implanted" phrase. Next stop, The Emerald City.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i tried to stay away from FSD related stuff... helps me keep my sanity. i mean, the whole Anderson Silva tough-by-proxy (i think B.Paquette must be part of the A.Silva fanclub or something) as well as the blood pH fiasco... they are pathetic. so i haven't checked the FSD blog lately... its content is trully depressing.

regarding the whole tournament thing... FSD did participate in a few kickboxing matches (as well as the MMA esque fights of Pat Marcil and Scott Hill). But if you follow the chronology, you will notice that they started competing AFTER being heavily criticized on bullshido.net.

I was an avid fanger around the time when FSD started to brand itself as MMA (i think Brian Paquette had a lot to do in this), it is my opinion that the few chosen fangers who are selected by their physical attributes and "dedication" to the system, are groomed specially and can be competent amateur level fighters.

However, the vast majority of fangers (the non BBC ones) can't fight for ****.

Patatoseur, who is your sifu? and to answer your question, someone who does Fang Shen Do is called a fanger. Even FSD blog calls it like that... :)

If you care, I'll repeat the reasons that pushed me away from FSD. I was about to test for my green sash at the time.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 6:13pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You wan't to enter tournements...go ahead,a lot of our guys do get in there,almost every week I get messages from (some MA federation I don't remember the name) inviting our students to MMA competitions,if you wan't to get in there I think you are ready.The only reason we don't necesseraly push our students to get in is because it's pretty expensive and we think you should keep your money for personnal developpement but if you think you need to prove yourself in tournements or just really wan't to do them then go,I'm even willing to give you private classes,I won't stop you and would be proud if you would represent us.You need strong capabilities to get back from defeat though (we all lose sometimes) and I think you can take it...but don't worry I guarantee you you'll be a good fight for everybody and you might even walk away the winner." I was like,WOW...seems we do get in tournements and they do properly answer questions...well at least they do at my school...
    Did your instructor tell you how many private lessons and how much the lessons would cost you before you are properly prepped to compete? I love that the way to prepare for something expensive(maybe $100) is private lessons. Nice that he wants your money for personal development.