222232 Bullies, 4329 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2212
Page 157 of 222 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:45pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    If not can I understand that you think WC is crap as well because don't forget that FSD is mainly based on WC plus a little JJ (since John Therien has started working with sJP) and some muay thai,kickboxin and stuff but MAINLY WC and JJ (well I guess lot of you quitted before JJ was implanted accorind to FSD's site it's only been there since 2007)
    As I posted before in this thread or another: Remember WC is not WCD.

FSD is based on WCD which is loosely/incompletely based on WC.

And if Therien Can Ryu association started in 2007, how much training the FSD Sifu's have it. At max 2 years, very intermittant training. So, the JJ part is probably not that strong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right so in your mind there is really nothing for FSD to do to become a good MA style...too expensive,not enough sparring and even though those things would be fixed...the fact that it's mainly Kung Fu would still make it suck?

There was already an thread attempt on this matter. A bit of search fu on here and you should be able to dig it up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably not (I already arrived to this conclusion) but at least it's still growing and upgrading...and pretty fast if you ask me...I have to think about future

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My last post was about the JJ

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like I said...from my point of view ground fighting in FSD is an extra compared to many other Kung Fu style and I didn't even knew we had some...so who cares if it's still not the best MA has to offer yet...it's kinda still work in progress...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And isn't WCD the style that BECAME FSD (if yes then I think we could just say that FSD comes from WC)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My last post was about the JJ

Jesus boy, the quote function is your friend. Learn to use it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 6:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And isn't WCD the style that BECAME FSD (if yes then I think we could just say that FSD comes from WC)
    In pure lineage terms yes, but in other terms no. Just like we are descended from apes, have some characteristics of apes, yet don't swing in trees eating bananas (atleast most of us don't).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 6:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right so in your mind there is really nothing for FSD to do to become a good MA style...too expensive,not enough sparring and even though those things would be fixed...the fact that it's mainly Kung Fu would still make it suck?
    In regard to the Chun, since there MIGHT be one or two people in the entire world that make it happen in competition, I'm going to put it solidly in the 'suck' department. Again, it's pretty good dancing though. Super fun.

I also don't CARE how much FSD charges. If you have quality product, charge what the market will pay, that's just good business.

It's about the lack of sparring and the fact that they teach moves that aren't applicable.

Kung Fu in the final evaluation just means fighting, and if you can fight, then I don't care WHAT you call it. Most of the martial arts taught as kung fu styles are poorly taught, but you spar hard you will learn what works. You can't tell me you haven't noticed that no kung fu goes on when sparring happens.

IF you can fight, then by all means, strap on some mma gloves and a cup, and get in a ring and compete. Winning in the ring or on the mats gains you lots of respect, no matter what you call your art. Putting you ass on the line in a ring gains you respect too. Losing a match teaches you lots as well.

BUT if you really can't win a fight without eyepokes, well, can you really claim to be able to fight? I've had a thumb in the eye, it meant my eye closed involuntarily, but it also meant the guy who did it got dumped on the ground much harder than he might have otherwise.

Sparring is VERY important. If you had read the threads on FSD here of course, you'd have also read THIS argument.

If FSD wants respect, they can simply take it, assuming they are competent fighters. Just get in a ring. You don't even have to win.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 11:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know...I had a BIG talk today with my Sifu (about an hour and a half) and he really answered all my questions really well.Of course,I asked him why FSD didn't mixed with other schools and never participated in any tournements.I was waiting for the too deadly for the ring argument but you know what he told me...he said: "You wan't to enter tournements...go ahead,a lot of our guys do get in there,almost every week I get messages from (some MA federation I don't remember the name) inviting our students to MMA competitions,if you wan't to get in there I think you are ready.The only reason we don't necesseraly push our students to get in is because it's pretty expensive and we think you should keep your money for personnal developpement but if you think you need to prove yourself in tournements or just really wan't to do them then go,I'm even willing to give you private classes,I won't stop you and would be proud if you would represent us.You need strong capabilities to get back from defeat though (we all lose sometimes) and I think you can take it...but don't worry I guarantee you you'll be a good fight for everybody and you might even walk away the winner." I was like,WOW...seems we do get in tournements and they do properly answer questions...well at least they do at my school...